Why are the material requirements for Underworld Implants and Earpieces so different?

CrashDDL

Hi,

As the title says, I would like to get a developer response - if possible - why are the material requirements are so significantly different between Underworld Earpieces and Underworld Implants. I had the chance to inspect a player last night to see the schematic for an Underworld Earpiece. The expensive materials were identical to those used in Hilts, Barrels, Armoring etc. The only difference was the green materials required - I leave these out for simplicity, as they have the same value in each schematic. The list was the following:

Underworld Earpiece:

1x Mass Manipulation Generator

5x Isotope-5

5x Exotic Element Equalizer

[For those unfamiliar with GTN costs this translates to approximately 3 Mass Manipulation Generator - from a cost point of view. The Exotic Element Equalizer can be ignored again as both schematics use the same amount.]

Underworld Implant:

5x Mass Manipulation Generator

5x Exotic Element Equalizer

Considering that the stats given by either piece are just about the same, I believe the crafting cost difference of 1,000,000 credits is significant enough to warrant a response, and possible a correction. The cost of crafted Underworld items at this point is averaging 1.5-2M credits and at least in my opinion that is high enough already. Changing the material cost of implant to make the material cost of earpieces would make it more accessible for player by simply making it more affordable.

Any information on this from the developers would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by CrashDDL

it is the old shell game,they give you a way to get just what you want but make it more time/money costing so it will "nudge" you to do more FP/ops. the goal is to make it slow enough to extend your sub,but not so fast that you get to be over powered and get bored

I agree that something needs to be done about the mat requirement for implants. I was fortunate enough to learn the schematic for an underworld implant, however, no one will buy/have me craft them due to the ridiculous mat cost. I don't understand the drastic difference.

I am having the same issue I have submitted tickets bug reports no response back regarding the cost of materials to craft the underworld implants which i learned several of them and spent 40million in game money to make with mats yet there has been no resolution to this problem

I am curious why there has been no responce to this issue which has been broken ever since 2.2 patch and no update as to when it will be fixed or some kind of acknowledgement from the devs regarding this issue?:mad:

Not to belittle this but Armstech basic comms schematics which create slot specific weapons that require isotope 5 have been bugged as bind on pickup since 2.0 and this has not gotten fixed in spite of a number of us submitting tickets for it so I don't expect a crafting bug (or poorly thought out feature) from 2.2 to get fixed anytime soon.

• Dev Post

Hey folks,

This is not intended and is a bug we will be addressing in the future. It will not be coming in 2.2.2, but it is slated to be fixed in an Update after that (potentially 2.2.3).

Thanks!

-eric