Galactic Living: Tatooine Homestead Video

TaitWatson

Observation: Tatooine homestead's time of day in the video is dusk/evening. Tatooine is normally mid-day.

Conclusion: Possible day night cycles?

Doubtful. The dusk/evening is more likely to make you feel cozy in your homestead.

When I had first heard about strongholds on Tatooine, I thought, "no way". But now I'm thinking it might be a nice get-away for my characters, where they aren't kept awake by neon lights shining through the windows at night.

There's a few things I'm still not clear about regarding strongholds.

1. Can we have more than one?

• So could I have one on Tatooine and Coruscant if I wanted?
  • Would there be an extra "cost" for having multiples?

2. Do the furnishing carry over between strongholds, or would I have to re-purchase items?

I guess I'm not entirely clear how items become available. Are they purchased individually, or are they like Collections, where you somehow "earn" them (achievements, C-store, etc.) and can then reclaim them within your various strongholds?

When I had first heard about strongholds on Tatooine, I thought, "no way". But now I'm thinking it might be a nice get-away for my characters, where they aren't kept awake by neon lights shining through the windows at night.

2. Do the furnishing carry over between strongholds, or would I have to re-purchase items?

I guess I'm not entirely clear how items become available. Are they purchased individually, or are they like Collections, where you somehow "earn" them (achievements, C-store, etc.) and can then reclaim them within your various strongholds?

I believe someone asked this question once and if I remember the answer you can have multiple strongholds.

Side note: I hope you will add Alderaan one day.

Edited by ScarletBlaze

WHEN AM I GOING TO BE ABLE TO SIT ON MY FRAKING CHAIRS!!!?

During the live-stream, the toon was sitting on chairs several times. They where saying it isn't like on the spaceship, but an emote (the guy was typing a command), whatever this means.

Edited by DerTaran

1. Yes, you can have multiple strongholds, but you need to purchase each one separately. If you want to have two strongholds, you need to pay for both of them.

2. They said that you'd first need to get the item, like from boss drops or crafting, then you can right-click the item to unlock it in your legacy. When you unlock an item, you can place it once. To place a second one, you need to unlock the same item again. On the stream, they had unlocked everything 50 times, so this may be the maximum number you can unlock.

Edited by Jerba

Aldeeran, while one of the most beautiful planets, is one of the most laggy planets. If they release homesteads there, just keep that under consideration.

I myself will be choosing Tatooine. It is one of my favorite planets. I want my homestead to be extended off a cliff with a giant sand worm beneath. My homestead would be furnished with glass floors so I can always point down at my feet when guests are getting out of hand.

Edited by undiess

Aldeeran, while one of the most beautiful planets, is one of the most laggy planets. If they release homesteads there, just keep that under consideration.

I myself will be choosing Tatooine. It is one of my favorite planets. I want my homestead to be extended off a cliff with a giant sand worm beneath. My homestead would be furnished with glass floors so I can always point down at my feet when guests are getting out of hand.

U wanna wanga!

IMO, the Alderaan one might be a good idea.

Also, if it didn't break canon, I'd want a Makeb house....

During the live-stream, the toon was sitting on chairs several times. They where saying it isn't like on the spaceship, but an emote (the guy was typing a command), whatever this means.

According to the last stream, if you use the regular /sit command (or maybe even the X key by default) near chair, it will use the "sit in chair" animation.