Has bioware changed its mind about jet charge/storm yet?

Tenacity

Anyone who thinks powertech is a ranged class is a severe case of L2P. I usually manage to avoid ad hominem attacks but above statement is so absurd, I cannot think of anything else to say.

Exactly, the best "ranged" ability that they had was removed in the last few months, pretty much all the attacks that means something to this class are done at the 5-10 meter range. I fear for vanguard/powertech tanks now as there is no easy way to counteract knights/warriors jumping in once that happens you are walking in slow mode to the target (depending on what may be on cool down).

While I always would have liked to get jet charge/storm for all specs, I feel as if I knew that they would delay getting it for all (inc tanks) to 61 I would have said not to bother and keep it as it was.

I hope they change their mind indeed, PT DPS does not need a leap, it should be removed from those disciplines.

The leap would be nice considering it is a melee class, just not at the expense of tanking specs that need it. In a way its not too different to all knights and warriors regardless of A/C or spec getting force leap at level 4?

So no one here has ever played a shadow/assassin huh?

Yeah, pointless complaint is pointless.

Force speed is the shadow/assassin equivalent, and that's trained at what... level 18? 20? Force speed allows you to cover more distance than the traditional charge abilities, even.

Anyone who thinks powertech is a ranged class is a severe case of L2P. I usually manage to avoid ad hominem attacks but above statement is so absurd, I cannot think of anything else to say.

Some people have a severe case of L2R. Here is the statement you quoted, and that you are calling absurd:

Powertechs are hardly a "ranged" class, tanks especially. I've got a 5-10m range on almost all of my abilities.

:rolleyes:

Edited by branmakmuffin

Funny. I have no issues at all pulling mobs from range with my PT. People having to play an extra day or two before getting a jump skill is not a game breaker.

Group of mobs? Ranged AoE and I ALWAYS have full hate from the entire group when they aggro. I do not have issues losing hate. The only difference is I make the pull from range.

Pulling mobs is no problem, every tank has at least one ability that allows them to pull at range. Keeping aggro is a different matter, hence the concerns about a gap closer. If you consistently tank at range, I cannot see how you are being effective since your highest threat generating attacks are melee range.

Thrash clears probably not a big issue, most die too quickly to matter. But that doesn't mean you're a ranged tank, just means you shot first!

Pulling mobs is no problem, every tank has at least one ability that allows them to pull at range.

Juggernauts/Guardians do not get a "pull the target to me" skill (not talking about any changes in 4.0). PT/VG is the only tank that gets a leap and a pull (unless you count Force Speed as a "leap").

Thrash clears probably not a big issue, most die too quickly to matter. But that doesn't mean you're a ranged tank, just means you shot first!

Han Solo is a ranged tank.

Juggernauts/Guardians do not get a "pull the target to me" skill (not talking about any changes in 4.0). PT/VG is the only tank that gets a leap and a pull (unless you count Force Speed as a "leap").

Not "pull" as in to pull to me, pulling as in starting the fight

Han Solo is a ranged tank.

Greedo shot first

Might want to read that again.

The "above statement" said that powertechs were not a ranged class, and then you attacked the poster for saying that they were not a ranged a class and did so with the justification that they were not really a ranged class.

That's like someone pointing at a blue car, saying that they liked that shade of blue, and me saying they were color blind since the car was obviously blue.

Edited by Mithros

If they have to make a tank ability level 61 make it Harpoon. storm is IMHO the more generally useful

The same way i can ask why BW cannot add both abilities at level 10 - when you choose your VG/PT AC.

I don't see how it will break the balance or gameplay.

But i guess Bioware combat team thinks that PT will be too overpowered :D

And this makes me to seriously doubt about their sanity :confused:

The cluelessness in your posts never ceases to amaze me.

Well since I appear to be the only PT able to keep hate without having to have my entire class rely on ONE skill, I'll just say that I am not the clueless one. It's sad how people are freaking out. "OMGZ I CAN'T JUMPZ! SO I CANTZ TANKZ!" Bull. You guys can tank just fine. just learn to adapt.

I am perfectly okay with having a jump be at level 61+. My PT will still tank just fine after 4.0 hits.

Even with my jump, I do NOT have to jump to pull and keep hate. Many times in groups I'll pop an AoE which gets everything to hate me immediately. it runs at me and I continue to hold hate. Of course I don;t stand still like an idiot. I run AT the mobs I just pulled. And I never have an issue with losing aggro. When KotFE launches, my PT will adapt just fine.

Sad that people are threatening to quit the game over a skill as small as a jump. Yup. I am bloody clueless because I am not freaking out about ONE skill being moved to a higher level. If I had your way of thinking I would quit playing my Assassin/Shadow tank duo because they do not have a leap. Sure, then you will use the "force speed" retort, but I never had to use it when tanking with my Sin/Shadow. Once I come within aggro range of a mob or set of mobs, it is GUARANTEED that I will have aggro because - uhm - I do my job and use my rotations how I want to use them.

Fortunately SWTOR is NOT a "cookie cutter game" like, say, FFXIV, where you can NOT choose your own rotation. Over there everyone already has set mapped rotation expectations, and if you do not or can not use your skills in the published rotation that is for that class, most groups will kick you, tell you "L2P" and move on. Over here it is not near that strict, and we can be a LOT more diverse with our rotations. No one cares in the slightest HOW you use your skills, as long as you do your bloody job. We can adapt to changes like this without our job being any more or less effective just by one skill being jostled around a bit.

Do I support BW moving the skill to a higher level? Not really. But am I going to freak out and act like my life has been utterly ruined because of it? Most certainly not.

Saying you do not like a change is one thing. Saying it will completely ruin a class is just ... "clueless" drama.

Edited by Faelandaea

Well since I appear to be the only PT able to keep hate without having to have my entire class rely on ONE skill, I'll just say that I am not the clueless one. It's sad how people are freaking out. "OMGZ I CAN'T JUMPZ! SO I CANTZ TANKZ!" Bull. You guys can tank just fine. just learn to adapt.

I am perfectly okay with having a jump be at level 61+. My PT will still tank just fine after 4.0 hits.

Even with my jump, I do NOT have to jump to pull and keep hate. Many times in groups I'll pop an AoE which gets everything to hate me immediately. it runs at me and I continue to hold hate. Of course I don;t stand still like an idiot. I run AT the mobs I just pulled. And I never have an issue with losing aggro. When KotFE launches, my PT will adapt just fine.

Sad that people are threatening to quit the game over a skill as small as a jump. Yup. I am bloody clueless because I am not freaking out about ONE skill being moved to a higher level. If I had your way of thinking I would quit playing my Assassin/Shadow tank duo because they do not have a leap. Sure, then you will use the "force speed" retort, but I never had to use it when tanking with my Sin/Shadow. Once I come within aggro range of a mob or set of mobs, it is GUARANTEED that I will have aggro because - uhm - I do my job and use my rotations how I want to use them.

Fortunately SWTOR is NOT a "cookie cutter game" like, say, FFXIV, where you can NOT choose your own rotation. Over there everyone already has set mapped rotation expectations, and if you do not or can not use your skills in the published rotation that is for that class, most groups will kick you, tell you "L2P" and move on. Over here it is not near that strict, and we can be a LOT more diverse with our rotations. No one cares in the slightest HOW you use your skills, as long as you do your bloody job. We can adapt to changes like this without our job being any more or less effective just by one skill being jostled around a bit.

Do I support BW moving the skill to a higher level? Not really. But am I going to freak out and act like my life has been utterly ruined because of it? Most certainly not.

Saying you do not like a change is one thing. Saying it will completely ruin a class is just ... "clueless" drama.

Well. We didn't expect less from "Proud b***-kisser due to the wonderful changes they made for 4.0."

Well. We didn't expect less from "Proud b***-kisser due to the wonderful changes they made for 4.0."

ROFL - because LIKING a game you play is against your belief. It does not matter what changes they make to the game, you would be completely put off and offended if someone actually enjoys what's happening.

I;d say I am sorry that you are so offended,. angry and in a state of deep darkness because I like the game I'm playing, but I'd be lying because I could give no care as to how you feel, just like you shouldn't be so obsessed with how I feel.

P.S. - Your video from YouTube is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEJDGLF-e18

Cheers :)

ROFL - because LIKING a game you play is against your belief. It does not matter what changes they make to the game, you would be completely put off and offended if someone actually enjoys what's happening.

I;d say I am sorry that you are so offended,. angry and in a state of deep darkness because I like the game I'm playing, but I'd be lying because I could give no care as to how you feel, just like you shouldn't be so obsessed with how I feel.

P.S. - Your video from YouTube is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEJDGLF-e18

Cheers :)

OR maybe i'm trying to protect the game that i LOVE from stupid decisions?

And i'm actually feel the difference between GOOD addition and BAD decision?

But as i said earlyer - i didn't expect less from "Proud b***-kisser due to the wonderful changes they made for 4.0."

OR maybe i'm trying to protect the game that i LOVE from stupid decisions?

And i'm actually feel the difference between GOOD addition and BAD decision?

But as i said earlyer - i didn't expect less from "Proud b***-kisser due to the wonderful changes they made for 4.0."

Your opinion of what is stupid is just an opinion. just like my opinion that it isn't stupid is my opinion. It doesn't make me an *** kisser. It just makes me someone who actually has an opinion.

Edited by Faelandaea

Your opinion of what is stupid is just an opinion. just like my opinion that it isn't stupid is my opinion. It doesn't make me an *** kisser. It just makes me someone who actually has an opinion.

Well... Your words have a sence...

No no...

They WOULD have a sence if you wasn't "Proud b***-kisser due to the wonderful changes they made for 4.0".

Becouse let's face it - almost EVERY your post is full of "OMG NEW CAHNGES ARE SO AWSOME IM GONNA ***T MYSELF!!!111".

I guess if BW somehow made new "awsome and cool" idea to remove Force charge from Juggs/Guards, you'v made up a few new posts with "Learn@adapt" sh*t.

Well... Your words have a sence...

No no...

They WOULD have a sence if you wasn't "Proud b***-kisser due to the wonderful changes they made for 4.0".

Becouse let's face it - almost EVERY your post is full of "OMG NEW CAHNGES ARE SO AWSOME IM GONNA ***T MYSELF!!!111".

I guess if BW somehow made new "awsome and cool" idea to remove Force charge from Juggs/Guards, you'v made up a few new posts with "Learn@adapt" sh*t.

Spelling lessons definitely did not work for you. Regardless, your complete obsession with how I feel I guess can be flattery. It seems to be the driving force of your posting on the forums in general. Don't worry about sticking to the subject. Let;s obsess that someone actually likes the game that they play, because if they like the game, then life is over and the planet is going to be consumed in some ball of darkness.

And do not tell me you are not completely obsessed with me or intimidated by my opinion. Your typing shows your anger and frustration, and I find it entertaining. Keep coming :)

Meanwhile - back on topic - I'll be playing my PT just fine with the changes. Same with my Vanguard. Moving on to other topics now :)

Edited by Faelandaea