Best thing about being a girl gamer!

Sathla

Hello everyone! I'm Kate and I'm my works token gamer.. Not even the guys really game..

Now some say girl gamers are sissys, not good, or have horrible taste in games.. This is not true what so ever!

Also being to blind side guys is hilarious. Here's two events that have happen recently at my work.

I was covering my friends break when a guy walks up with an N7 hat on.. I quickly ask him if he's excited for ME3. He stood there for a few seconds and blinked.

"You know what my hat is?!?" I stood there and grin.

Without answering his startled question I asked him if he was excited for multiplayer co-op, and his face started to turn even more red.

"So what side did you play paragon or renegade." I answered Paragon first and told him I couldn't get into the genocidal renegade that Shepard was in ME1.

Today at work there was another young man in a skyrim shirt.

"Hello young Dovakin how may I help you today?"

He started to ask his question but then stopped and went "Did you just call me Dovakin?"

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i love to see more female gamers in MMO's. they are more friendly in groups and more helpfull with everything.

not that male players arent good or something, just prefer female.

Keep continuuing outsmarting man and start a toon on Hydian Way, the best server there is.

Thats really funny , happend to my friends once , we were talking at work about a game and this coworker came and join in on the conversation out of nowhere ( we were talking about Oblivion) dont remember her comment but all my friends stood there silent looking at her with a confuse face , needless to say it was priceless.

Now some say girl gamers are sissys, not good, or have horrible taste in games.. This is not true what so ever!

just to help dimiss this notion that girl gamers are not good,i have a little something id like to add.My girlfriend is a guild master in a guild of 300+,shes prolly the best geared person in the entire guild,#1 dps in most boss fights,shes writing leveling guides and tips/tricks for all classes.simply amazing.Shes a better player than 90% of the male i ve ever played with.

Also to note ,if she plays my character,shes actually better than me,she beat my highest dps by almost 1k(yes in the other game)

so in conclusion...more female gamers please :p

yea you can get anything when you flutter your eyes.... can just see a party chat

"guys we better let her win again, you know how she stomped the last time"

actually she earned everything she has ,if u even try to help her base on the fact shes a girl,you get gkicked.Believe whatever you want ,ill continue playing with her and having a ton of fun.

ps: she was first dps way before anyone knew she was a girl

I was covering my friends break when a guy walks up with an N7 hat on.. I quickly ask him if he's excited for ME3. He stood there for a few seconds and blinked.

"You know what my hat is?!?" I stood there and grin.

Without answering his startled question I asked him if he was excited for multiplayer co-op, and his face started to turn even more red.

Probably because a girl is actually talking to him, not the fact that you're a gamer.

We live in a world where

and grandmas play WoW. My ex-gf and I used to play CounterStrike 1.5 together, and pretty much every guild I've been in has had at least 1 bf/gf or husband/wife couple in there. I can't understand why people would think this is 'abnormal'.

Raids/operations are way more enjoyable when someone in your party fails, and you hear his partner in the background calling him out!

My guild-master deleted my account thinking I was a dude trying to be funny. I thought (and still think) that SithBarbie is funny. I don't care if you agree or not. If there are Lord Spongebob Squarepants running around, SithBarbie (my Empire Character) is just fine. he apologized when he heard me actually speaking (in Vent) and realized I was, in fact, a girl.

I'm usually the one who stops to help out another player, or throw a couple of heals at someone whose health is waning. It just feels like a "pay it forward" system to me.

I'm a guy that routinely plays female toons, and it's funny the way people look at you differently. In WoW, I was leveling a mage and two guys grouped up with me for a harder quest. At one point they were off turning something in, so I just naturally started killing things. When they came back, there was a pile of corpses in my area, and they exclaimed, "Well, aren't you just a little killer?" Then they helped me finish the rest of the quests in the zone even though they didn't need them--all because they thought I was a girl.

There are plenty of ladies playing this game already and we will continue to grow in numbers.

Once you learn to ignore some of the narrow minded people out there, you will find that the game is totally what you make it. If you want to be the best, learn and earn your place. Hand outs will only get you so far and once you have everything, but don't know how to use it, many can see right through the fancy stuff.

It is a huge range of reactions when people know your female. In many cases it changes the way they interact with you, but it also weeds out those who have no respect.

:D

• 3 weeks later...
Welcome, we all know how the boys drool over the girl gamers!

This is why I hate it when a girl identifies herself in a video game...

Once this happens all the guys completely lose their ability to play the freakin game and just talk with the girls... :(

Edited by Kungpaoshizi