Jaesa Willsaam vs Vette

NemesisKay

i am a lvl 45 immortal jug... i have been using vette 90% of the time.

From what i have seen both of them are about the same dps wise it just comes down to flavor of dps.. i personally think vette's ranged combat goes well with my tanking as i can pull all the mobs and hold em and start doing my aoe which chips away at them all and vette puts them down one at a time.

Heres what i know...

Melee can get kited, vette allows you to kite, you might not have to, but trust me having the option goes a long way.

Also, my vette was in full epics when i got jaessa.. so she out geared her by a large margin, it helps to keep your companions in real gear if you are actually going to debate which is better.

Heres what i know...

Melee can get kited, vette allows you to kite, you might not have to, but trust me having the option goes a long way.

Also, my vette was in full epics when i got jaessa.. so she out geared her by a large margin, it helps to keep your companions in real gear if you are actually going to debate which is better.

I try to keep all my companions in Oranges that way when I go and do my mod changes I can get everyone at once.

At the moment you receive Jaesa as your companion, shes vastly out geared by my Vette. Throughout the game, ive been gearing vette up with nice modded gear and pistols.

When you get Jaesa, shes in all greens. I will be using her for a while to get her gear up then compare damage to see which is better.

From what i've noticed so far is that, yes, vette is at range, allowing you to kite to get the mobs killed, but Jaesa is like adding another tank to the rotation, she can slow, stun, and cc. Once i upgrade her double light saber to something better, i will be able to see her true damage and update you guys.

I geared up Jeasa in full orange mod gear when I got her thinking she would be my new full time companion. I was a bit disappointed though.

Vette does more burst damage with much larger crits while Jaesa does solid constant dps.

Jeasa stands in melee range however.. and that has gotten me killed a lot on elites with heavy AoE. When she dies I usually die unless the mob was at 30% or less.

Vette has a nice long range and does good AoE (better then jaesa) and you can kite melee elites all day with Vette.

I used Jaesa for 7 levels, then went back to vette. Vette is my fulltime companion now.

The only remotely good thing about Jaesa is her snare allows you to use Savage Kick far more often then you would likely use it without her.

Vette is simply the superior dps. I know, I know, you guys want to bone the **** out of Jaesa so you want to have her out, but don't let your ***** cloud your judgement. :p

I used Vette up 'till Corellia. I've long advocated using a DPS Companion, but I was lucky enough to get a string of blue +Cunning drops that allowed me to gear up Quinn as well, who hadn't had a new piece of gear since I first got him.

As I had reduced the cost of Sweeping Slash to 1 rage at around that point, it's kind of hilarious how ridiculously easy mowing through packs of mobs on Corellia became, even without Vette's added DPS.

I suspect if I was to do it all again, I'd go Ahni spec just to get 1 rage Sweeping Slash far earlier (I was Carnage, so didn't start putting in points to a side tree 'till way late). For a relatively low-hitting ability, being able to spam the crapola out of it really makes mowing through mobs stupidly easy. And, if you leveled a Marauder, hopefully you've realized what single target dps beasts we are, for the Gold Mobs, and the surviving Silvers in a pack of normals you just destroyed.

Edited by revial

Im just wondering... not to jump out of Jaesa vs Vette... but does people ever prefer Quinn to help keep you alive?

Coming from a Vengeance Juggernaut.

I've moved more towards Quinn from about level 42-ish. It's not about survivability (I'm Immortal specced, and don't have a lot of trouble in that regard) as much as it's about less downtime and being able to pull mobs with only half my brain engaged.

I simply find Vette takes stuff down much quicker. If anything, at lvl 42 I'm finding she's taking stuff down quicker than ten levels ago.

The other beauty of having Vette is if you're against a boss/elite and you're struggling, you can pull it -> Force Crush -> Force Camouflage which gives you a few seconds to get things back in order.

...assuming you're rage spec of course.

Edited by Calens

I don't understand why you can't kite with Jaessa when it hits the fan as well. Same concept, you lock in his aggro and and snare and kite. Jaessa even has a snare ability to help you in kiting.

Am I missing something? Why is Vette better for kiting?

The only remotely good thing about Jaesa is her snare allows you to use Savage Kick far more often then you would likely use it without her.

Vette is simply the superior dps. I know, I know, you guys want to bone the **** out of Jaesa so you want to have her out, but don't let your ***** cloud your judgement. :p

I'm not sure about the superior dps, it seems very close, but I use Jaesa over Vette most of the time, as a rage spec Marauder we tear through **** together. But I'd rather do Vette, she has a much cuter voice, and a better personality:D

Has anyone actually geared both to roughly the same level and found out any more objective differences? Truthfully, my Jaesa is a mile ahead (which I'm glad about because I prefer her; she's my apprentice, after all) but that's because her gear is a truckload better.

There's a few minor points in Jaesa's favor to be considered. jaesa will also immobilize targets when she jumps, including players, making her good for world PVP, as people will try to kite you, she also has a snare (which Vette has no snares), which allows you to use savage kick without blowing rage of your own.

Also, because she's melee she'll be right next to you, if she pulls threat on one or more mobs therefore, they won't move. If Vette pulls aggro on a melee mob, they run after her, and then you have to go grab them back.

I don't understand why you can't kite with Jaessa when it hits the fan as well. Same concept, you lock in his aggro and and snare and kite. Jaessa even has a snare ability to help you in kiting.

Am I missing something? Why is Vette better for kiting?

At higher levels, and especially the last two class quests, there are plenty of champions with big damage aoe attacks, Jaesa has to be in them to dps, but whereas you can easily avoid it, the AI doesnt, she just stands in it wailing on the mob, at 50, this means she is dead.

Vette is better here simply because she is ranged, it just works better within the constraints of how the game develops.

Jug tank here. I am equipping both at the same level (approximatively). I use Jaesa just because she looks cool and yeah, it seems her dps is similar to Vette (at least that's how it feels) but when I duo flashpoints with my wife or we do some harder content I always use Vette for the survability factor. Jaesa I use only for content I know she'll stay alive reliably.