Bioware's Lack of Long Term Vision Is Doing Ilum a Great Disservice

Jacen_Starsolo

Agree that Ilum will once again become a ghost town. Without a reason to go (rep grind/comm grind/credit grind), people won't go, especially as there are currently no rewards for PvPing in the open world.

It begs the question - what are they thinking? Why make this temporary? I get having events be rare - or even one-and-done sometimes - but considering this is clearly tied into their thoughts on bringing PvP back to Ilum, it really makes me scratch my head. I mean, we can still grind the other 3 reps out after the event, right?

I guess we'll see. I'm sure they have their reasons for this, but I can't figure them out for the life of me....:rak_02:

Why Do You Use Capitals In Each And Every Word Of The Title, Except Articles?

Have you ever read the book called "The lord of the rings"? Spelled just like that? How about "A song of ice and fire" also spelled like that? How about "Star wars"? It's called a TITLE. Can't believe you didn't know that. Show me a title of written literature with only the first letter capped if it has more than 2 words.

Edited by Jacen_Starsolo

Because he is insecure enough that he thinks no one will ready or pay attention to his posts.

Grammar police at the finest. "no one will ready"? At least when you try to troll grammar, don't make your own blunder.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=596623 Courtney did it here and all the posts she did too. Go tell her that too. LMAO at the guys who failed at school.

Edited by Jacen_Starsolo

Have you ever read the book called "The lord of the rings"? Spelled just like that? How about "A song of ice and fire" also spelled like that? How about "Star wars"? It's called a TITLE. Can't believe you didn't know that. Show me a title of written literature with only the first letter capped if it has more than 2 words.

Actually, you are pretty wrong here, in all of the titles you mentioned only the nouns are capitalised because it's grammatically correct in titles. So it's written 'A Song of Ice and Fire' , broken down 'A' is the first word in the sentence and 'Song', 'Ice' and 'Fire' are nouns. So your thread title would read 'Bioware's lack of long term vision is doing Ilum a disservice' because only Bioware and Ilum are nouns.

I've been thinking about this, just because the event is temporary doesn't mean all the quests will leave. I could see them leaving the 2 pvp quests all the time. Certainly the ship would leave though.

I want to be hopeful that Bioware thought this through past the event and may have some surprise for us....but...they've never surprised us in a good way yet :(

Back on topic though, I agree it's a real shame that it won't be a permanent fixture, I can only hope they were using it as some kind of judge for how much audience there is for pvp in this game and seeing the large response will encourage them to make good open world pvp.

I've been thinking about this, just because the event is temporary doesn't mean all the quests will leave. I could see them leaving the 2 pvp quests all the time. Certainly the ship would leave though.

They need to keep something but they haven't said they will. All they said is the event is until the 28th. They have yet to say anything is "non-event" there.

But if they keep just the 2 pvp quests, do you think people will still go there? They probably will on PvP servers but the PvE ones will see a population decrease on Ilum.

Also thanks for not trying to derail the topic like the trolls.

The event is temporary to make the game's population seem artificially high. When the event is "on" everyone goes to Ilum and it feels like a big game. When the event is "off," everyone goes back to the fleet. Leaving the event on all the time would smooth out the population too much.

They need to keep something but they haven't said they will. All they said is the event is until the 28th. They have yet to say anything is "non-event" there.

But if they keep just the 2 pvp quests, do you think people will still go there? They probably will on PvP servers but the PvE ones will see a population decrease on Ilum.

Also thanks for not trying to derail the topic like the trolls.

Well, people keep saying the vendors will stay after the event, so I do really hope the normal quests (pve, pvp and heroic) will also remain as a new set of dailies similar to those in Section X.

I think the ship will be gone as with the xeno and wb. But the other quests will remain and hopefully, this way everybody has a chance to, at least slowly, get gray helix for their weapons.

Of course, this is nothing more than positive thinking. Who knows what really EA/BW has in mind for us.

I want to be hopeful that Bioware thought this through past the event and may have some surprise for us....but...they've never surprised us in a good way yet :(

QFT they have never much to create any good will toward the player base that is for sure...:(

No. I meant "us". I didn't mean YOU. I meant people I associate with, not everyone. "Us" is not the same as "everyone".

Well we feel that people on the internet use plural pronouns to add support for their belief whether or not there are actually other people included in their idea. This is what we meant, sorry if we confused you.

Well, people keep saying the vendors will stay after the event, so I do really hope the normal quests (pve, pvp and heroic) will also remain as a new set of dailies similar to those in Section X.

I think the ship will be gone as with the xeno and wb. But the other quests will remain and hopefully, this way everybody has a chance to, at least slowly, get gray helix for their weapons.

Of course, this is nothing more than positive thinking. Who knows what really EA/BW has in mind for us.

I hope you're right. I mean if the ship leaves but the rest remains to some extent would be fine. It would mean less rep can be earned but at least some can be which won't totally kill the population on Ilum.

Well we feel that people on the internet use plural pronouns to add support for their belief whether or not there are actually other people included in their idea. This is what we meant, sorry if we confused you.

Wait...who is we?? Now everyone is confused and nobody understands this any longer...we'd all like to know who "we" is...

Um... then you using "we" being the plural also applies? Wait. That's circular. Why don't *we* agree not to use *we* here? :D

Seriously, both of your opinions -- while opinions -- are shared by others. So both can really use "we" whether they know the others in their group or not. I'd say it's about 50/50 and so neither "we" is more important than the other "we".

Weeee

The thing here is we don't need Ilum to become a ghost town again. Can't we all agree on that?

Edited by Jacen_Starsolo

Um... then you using "we" being the plural also applies? Wait. That's circular. Why don't *we* agree not to use *we* here? :D

Seriously, both of your opinions -- while opinions -- are shared by others. So both can really use "we" whether they know the others in their group or not. I'd say it's about 50/50 and so neither "we" is more important than the other "we".

Weeee

The thing here is we don't need Ilum to become a ghost town again. Can't we all agree on that?

Yes WE can agree on that...well...at least you and I can, not "we" as in universally inclusive of all beings. ;)