ESSELES, leaving then SWTOR CRASHes.

I have played through Esseles flashpoint 4 times, every time all of the battles are over and tractor beam is turned off. return to Esseles. after conversation with First Officer Haken, ship starts to leave, looks like entry to hyperspace... game crashes and i am kicked out of game. :(

Another workaround I have found is to space through the converstation, however all members of the party must space the converstation. If one watches it someone will crash usually the group leader.

It is my understanding that this bug is more related to the computer hardware that the player has. Which is why it has not been fixed - they cannot nail down the exact cause.

I run in 1080 Fullscreen (Windowed) with max settings and simply minimizing it doesn't work. However if you set your game to Windowed and Low graphics setting, then minimize it for the convo and bring it back up after the lightspeed animation is done it will stop the crash. With an SSD it takes about the same time to just log back in but without this is a bit faster.

I'm getting this too.

Suggested workaround is to alt-tab or minimize the window during the dialogue.

But for those of you who crash and your group finishes and leaves the instance, leaving you there alone, you can also try walking all the way to the exit, getting out of the instance, then going back in and talking to the NPC. That way, the fact that you're now solo and no longer in the group won't screw up any possible dialogue.

I've read it's a bug with bloom effect for some people.. either turn off bloom or minimize the game before the hyperspace part, then open in back up. Crashes me everytime. After a couple runs, it actually fried my GTX 670.. thank god for warranty.

I believe the bug is related to the hyperspace animation when the ship jumps away. It also happens in the Foundry at the same moment, and at the end of Black Talon too.

The solution is, as several people have mentioned, is to alt-tab just as the hyperspace animation begins so that SWTOR is no longer on screen and not rendering that animation.

I run in 1080 Fullscreen (Windowed) with max settings and simply minimizing it doesn't work. However if you set your game to Windowed and Low graphics setting, then minimize it for the convo and bring it back up after the lightspeed animation is done it will stop the crash. With an SSD it takes about the same time to just log back in but without this is a bit faster.

I crash if I alt-tab out in windowed fullscreen. I do not crash if I alt-tab out in regular fullscreen. If you are on 7 or 8 like me (maybe vista too?), the reason why I am guessing this happens is that the preview box (I am referring to the image you see when you hover your courser over the minimized tab) is still trying to render the images that cause the game to crash in the first place. The preview window for the tab does not render when in regular fullscreen for me, and therefore does not crash. Just a guess.

Switching to regular fullscreen (not windowed) right before convo allows me to alt-tab out and not crash.