Are there to many servers?

ZengarVosa

I can never find anyone to play with, I asked in general chat on the fleet (where there are only around 68 people) and they said that there are just to many servers that bioware created.

So my question is will there be any changes coming soon to merge servers or something? I enjoy playing with and seeing people other than the NPC's :(

I can never find anyone to play with, I asked in general chat on the fleet (where there are only around 68 people) and they said that there are just to many servers that bioware created.

So my question is will there be any changes coming soon to merge servers or something? I enjoy playing with and seeing people other than the NPC's :(

Nah, you just have poor social skills. LOL

Bioware will not do server merges as far as we know. Server transfers will be coming soonish. However, I believe they will be quite restricted.

The reason there are so many servers is due to the demand it had a launch. Bioware did what they had to do to provide space for all the players that wanted to play. Obviously the population will go down but I think we've seen a very healthy grow in population when 1.2 hit. Maybe not everywhere but on most servers.

Its very normal for a MMO population to go up and down between patch releases.

Yeah I think that's where they went wrong, when I first logged into this game I was amazed at how many servers there were, maybe they overestimated how many people would be playing, but it seems they should just cut the servers in half and add more if needed. you know, like you would do if you had common sense right at the start. -.-

They are not going to merge any servers (at least not for quite some time), there are transfers coming (Soon) but no ETA as of yet.

Yeah I think that's where they went wrong, when I first logged into this game I was amazed at how many servers there were, maybe they overestimated how many people would be playing, but it seems they should just cut the servers in half and add more if needed. you know, like you would do if you had common sense right at the start. -.-

It was in response to the "ADD MORE SERVERS I CAN'T STAND WAITING IN A QUEUE" complaints all over the forum during launch.

Edited by RickRedOne
Spelling

Server transfers are only going to take dead servers and make them more dead. Just let people know that a server is going down in X amount of days and let them select a server to transfer to or something along those lines, and if they do not select one by the deadline, they are auto moved to a default or random server.

It was in response to the "ADD MORE SERVERS I CAN'T STAND WAITING IN A QUE" complaints all over the forum during launch.

I figured it might have had something to do with this, which is why I kind of wish we still had queues. I would rather have a ton of people and queues than hardly anyone on my server :/