Is TOR really suffering from this amount of subs bleeding ?

Angedechu

Exemple of quotes took from other posts

From my guild of 20 persons, I'm the only one left

We lost over 50 guilds members recently

We had over 100 membres, we are down to 20...

(I'm basing this on the assumption that peple are not outright lying, only maybe exagerratin)

Such a bleeding would be terrible, abominable, well over 80% of sub losses. For all the problems of TOR, it's certainly not THIS bad.

My assumption is that a lot of people rerolled, and that a lot of people with certain backgrounds (example : Everquest, WoW hardcore raiders(1)) who grouped with other people left early, as the game is not their holy grail). I would say that sub bleeds among people who hit 50 before january and cleared the raids in one week must be way higher than among the rest of the population.

Devs said subscription is not going down, only active playing players is going down. Take that for what you will. Whichever the case they have access to more data than the average player.

Once server transfers become available, if indeed subscription is not going down, then active player count should rise again.

Every MMO bleeds subscription all the time, including WoW. What matters is that for every player left, a new player joins. There are still new players starting to play SWTOR, so I'm not worried if some choose to leave. Let's not forget that some of them come back awhile, myself included.

Edited by GhoXen

Devs said subscription is not going down, only active playing players is going down. Take that for what you will. Whichever the case they have access to more data than the average player.

Guessing that means people are susbcribed but not playing, which is weird. Unless waiting for their subscriptions to expire.

All will be revealed in a few days anyway when EA make their subscription numbers public.

Looks, let's be honest here : there is some sub losses.

TOR is certainly not having up to 3 million (number of boxes sold worlwide) people playing.

So lets be honest here, you set up a loaded question and are biased to the answers. So lets look at the facts. People are shifting to new chars and different servers, people who started out on week one with one char could very well be on another char on the other faction or another server.

Who can tell us the real number of peeps playing = bioware and bioware never once stated 3 million people.

So lets be honest here, you set up a loaded question and are biased to the answers. So lets look at the facts. People are shifting to new chars and different servers, people who started out on week one with one char could very well be on another char on the other faction or another server.

Who can tell us the real number of peeps playing = bioware and bioware never once stated 3 million people.

My point is ''there is some heavy sub losses, but not in the 90% range like some people describe''

Greetings everyone!

We appreciate your feedback! Since we have a few threads on the various topics regarding Server Population and suggestions for it, and in the interest of consolidating discussion, we are going to close this thread and ask that you please continue your discussion here:

We also wanted to refer you to our Developer Tracker for more information by Senior Online Community Manager Stephen Reid: regarding server transfers recently:

The final character transfer system is in development now and is a high priority for the development team. However, as this is a complex technical challenge with many 'moving parts' it will not be available until some time after the Asia-Pacific character transfer process is finished. When we have more details and a more accurate ETA to share, we will do so.

Thank you! :)