Charged Burst sound change 1.4

Darbon

Charged Burst now have the EXACT same sound as Flurry of Bolts, and there are other issues with the sound for Smugglers.

Why? It just messes everything up. The sound they now share is weak, as opposed to Charged Burst old sound which was more powerful, like the ability. Now they sound the same and it's confusing and annoying. It confuses up the rotation and leaves you a bit lost as you've been used to the old sounds for a long time.

Is this an error in the audio strings or just a very bad design choice? Either way, please fix this.

Edited by Darbon
New scope of issue

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When did anyone ever complain about these sounds... like, ever? That's what I don't understand. UNLESS this is about having a "tell" - I think I remember it being said that snipers have an advantage in PVP because they're less "flashy" than gunslingers, and on the premise that snipers/slingers do best when they're ignored, I can KINDA see it...

(I personally would like to see players have control over their weapon sounds, like a certain mod slot on ranged weapons. So you could put a "silencer" on your gun, etc...)

Edited by Stenrik

Same sounds = less memory required.

There's your answer.

Oh really now. They have thousands and thousands of unique audio strings to cover all the 8 class stories, including one time individual files for all the companions, NPC:s, and conversation choices and you believed they changed 1 single file to save memory?

This is either a **** up in the code (audio strings) or a terrible design choice. Please revert.

Edited by Darbon

Hey all, don't forget to /bug report this when you guys are in-game.

I know for a fact that the following Smuggler abilities have had their sound files altered or bugged:

• Charged Burst
  • Emergency Medpac

I don't have a Gunslinger, but I've heard that many of their shots are also affected. Make sure you guys are listing them in your posts by the exact skill name, as well as doing a /bug report in-game to ensure this gets addressed.

Edited by HansBrolo

It's not ONLY Charged Burst, it's also Quick Shot and Lucky Shots :( Now I have 4-5 abilities that have the same lame Piow Piow Piow sound. :mad: I'm a Gunslinger but those sound like water pistols!!

Come on now! You seriously erased those sounds? I just hope it was not on purpose.... How lame will that be :eek: Anyway FIX IT!

Some say that it's good, it's less flashy NO IT'S NOT! It's just terrible and hardly unfair to be the only Class with the same sound for 4-5 abilities.

A Patch is supposed to make things better..... not worse.

Here is proposition to make everyone happy! http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=5211043#post5211043

Please stop messing with my Game-play! Please restore ASAP the old sounds. Cheers....

Edited by Keiraa

When i heard this for the first time i thought the sound file in my computer had messed up and logged out and logged back in only to find that was not true. On my Gunslinger the sounds that have been affected are FlyBy, Speed Shot, Charged Burst and Quick Shot. I agree that now my Gunslinger now sounds like she is shooting a pea shooter and just does not sound right.........GIVE US OUR ORIGINAL SHOT SOUNDS BACK. This sucks.

Per Courtney Woods on Twitter, they are now aware of the problem and working toward a solution.

https://twitter.com/Stryder3577

Magias77 ‏@Stryder3577

@SWTOR s there a way to find out if Bioware is aware of this issue or who to contact about it? http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=536773

29m The Old Republic ‏@SWTOR

@Stryder3577 Thank you for pointing that out. I will pass that on for investigation. -EM

Magias77 ‏@Stryder3577

@CourtneyWoods Is there a way to find out if Bioware is aware of this issue or who to contact about it? http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=536773

2m Courtney Woods ‏@CourtneyWoods

@Stryder3577 We are aware of it and looking into it :)