Empress Acina

Deshiel

I wonder.

She sounded like the reasonable sort of sith in the quest chain affiliated to her.

If given the choice to either surrender power or die to the Sith character. I think that she has the potential to stand down reasonably. Can't say that about our character being an agent or BH tho.

That depens on whether her kotfe counterpart stays in character or perhaps she grew greedy and powerhungry in the five year skip.

She wasn't really that much of a rational and reasonable sith, just someone who knew the concequences of failure and that you would be useful (Though, she did seem a bit more hostile to the Warrior then the other classes). Besides, I'm sure five years as the Empress would have probably got to her.

But Admiral Raken's letter to us if we chose to save her does imply that Acina might be open to trying to secretly help us.

Everytime I hear "Empress Acina", I desire to crush something. Hopefully, in Season 2, my Sith PCs will return to Dromund Kaas and take the throne from the unworthy wretch that sits on it.

Well the Sith classes could easily crush her, she seemed like one of the weaker council members. Probably survived for being a coward not fighting

That coward is now empress so...

I'd rather be emperor/empress than frozen in carbonite lol

I hope my Assassin (#MakeDarthNoxGreatAgain) can eventually go and defeat her in combat for the throne. Then I'll take the Eternal Throne. Then I'll crush the Republic and Hutt Cartel until they bow to me. Then I'll have power over the whole galaxy! Muahahahahahahahahahaha!

:jawa_angel:

Acina actually tried to back talk the Emperor's Wrath back when she was just a recently ascended Dark Council member, so I doubt very much she'd surrender power quietly.

Personally, i wish dark side Jaesa became empress. Would have been much more interesting :mon_biggrin:

I actually had liked the idea of my Wrath proclaiming he will make her an Empress we they are finally reunited.

Edited by OldVengeance

With how her character is, and how it seems that Vowrawn is one of the few council members remaining (I bet he's her personal assstant or something), I can see Acina being under Zakuul's thumb or such, and us trying to use Vowrawn to replace her. Or she's on our side and we have the other COuncil members trying to take her spot, ending in us deciding who we put on the throne to work with us (Basically a Dragon Age: Origins situation).

With how her character is, and how it seems that Vowrawn is one of the few council members remaining (I bet he's her personal assstant or something), I can see Acina being under Zakuul's thumb or such, and us trying to use Vowrawn to replace her. Or she's on our side and we have the other COuncil members trying to take her spot, ending in us deciding who we put on the throne to work with us (Basically a Dragon Age: Origins situation).

How are power hungry SIs going to cope with putting someone but themselves on the throne?

Everytime I hear "Empress Acina", I desire to crush something. Hopefully, in Season 2, my Sith PCs will return to Dromund Kaas and take the throne from the unworthy wretch that sits on it.

EXACTLY!!!

This is basically been on my mind the entire time playing KotFE. I always ask "Once I destroy Zakuul, will this action help or hurt me in seizing control of the Empire and then crushing the Republic?"

I never hesitate to spill blood of Zakuul. I want to turbolaser that planet into a glass marble for humiliating the Empire and imprisoning me. After that, the goal is the Imperial Throne!

Lana tells us Acina became Empress because there were no other Dark Council members to contest her claim, so I think Vowrawn must have disappeared or been killed since kneeling to Arcann.

Edited by OldVengeance

Lana tells us Acina became Empress because there were no other Dark Council members to contest her claim, so I think Vowrawn must have disappeared or been killed since kneeling to Arcann.

Lana simply said that some COuncil members fleed while some others died, no mention that there weren't any left.

This is someone the Emperor's Hands trusted to watch over a space station full of Sith artifacts...and I'm not sure if that's a good sign. The fact that she seems willing to secretly support resistance to the Eternal Throne is a good sign, though.

If anything, I trust Acina to be pragmatic far more than I'd trust Saresh.

Still, once this Eternal Throne crisis is dealt with, I'll need to have a...stern talk with her about the future of "Sith Intelligence" (sorry, Lana!).

I really do not understand the amount of hatred for Acina. What is the problem with her exactly?

She has little in the way of backing that makes her seem formidable. Most people, especially players, are going to want someone strong on the throne. Either someone believably stronger than our characters or our characters themselves. There's no real evidence that she's stronger than we are and the idea of serving under a weak leader is.. annoying. Especially when playing Sith.

She has little in the way of backing that makes her seem formidable. Most people, especially players, are going to want someone strong on the throne. Either someone believably stronger than our characters or our characters themselves. There's no real evidence that she's stronger than we are and the idea of serving under a weak leader is.. annoying. Especially when playing Sith.

The fact that she survived all the other Councillors is a good statement itself. I have yet to see her incompetence, because before KotFE we interacted with her only through the Seeker Droid missions. Yes, we do not see her being powerful - but there is no real evidence of her being weak. The fact that she does not seek the Seeds herself is not a proof of weakness, of course.

Interesting enough, as I understand, there would have been no problem with Vowrawn as Emperor - and there is evidence of him not being extremely powerful and weaker than PC.

Edited by Analyst
  • Thanks 1

The fact that she survived all the other Councillors is a good statement itself. I have yet to see her incompetence, because before KotFE we interacted with her only through the Seeker Droid missions. Yes, we do not see her being powerful - but there is no real evidence of her being weak. The fact that she does not seek the Seeds herself is not a proof of weakness, of course.

It's also just as likely she waited for the other council members to die off. There is implications she was on the weaker side considering it states that she only declared herself empress when there was no opposition. It's also possible she didn't really participate as much which is why she's the only one left. I'm of the opinion I don't hate her but if we can't do anything about her position? They need to really sell her as being powerful when we get to meet her.

I would prefer them to sell her as smart. The idea of "power rules" is everywhere in the setting; it would be quite good to see someone who rules because of pure intellect, not because of supreme power.

Granted, Sith society is about power. But Acina is strong already, otherwise she wouldn't have qualified for the Council.

I would prefer them to sell her as smart. The idea of "power rules" is everywhere in the setting; it would be quite good to see someone who rules because of pure intellect, not because of supreme power.

This^^. Thrawn is the 2nd most beloved villain in the Star Wars universe for a reason.

~ Eudoxia