So why does no one stack crit any more?

OcTwenty

So ive just hit 55 on my super duper trooper and ive been reading up and ive noticed a trend, it seems no ranged classes goes for crit at all amt, could anybody please explain why? i personally like shiny crits, if i was to stack some crit in place of surge or power would i be loosing a huge amount of dps? thanks lads.

Stat curves. You get less % crit per point of rating now, to the point that power is better for almost all specs at almost all gear levels.

Crit is still better than surge, but you can't trade away surge to get more crit, so it's a moot point.

Power gives more DPS in almost every single spec. And that's what people want, a high as possible DPS rather than a lot of shiny criticals but an over-all low DPS. Some classes still get a very low amount of critical because procs or energy management depend on it. Yours is not one of them if I recall correctly, but searchs the forums, like it sounds you did. :) Edited by Gloomycakes

Amusingly all power is still wrong.

220ish is where crit peaks vs power.

220ish - I know I'm supposed to have a bit of crit but what value is 220?

Also people keep saying "most classes" - what classes still need crit?

Is there a way to view your "total points" in crit like this, or must I manually add up all of my item mods?

Put your mouse over your crit chances in the character panel, you'll have the detail of where your critical chances come from.

Usually, it show as following :

Critical chances : tt.tt%

Base : 5.00%

Mainstat (XXXX) : +xx.xx%

Crit rate (YYY) : +yy.yy%

Skills/Buffs : +z.zz%

You may have a secondary stat just over or below main stat, it will depend wich damage-type tab you're looking at. For a exemple, a Shadow looking at the Melee Tab can see something like :

Strength (300)

Willpower (1200)

Edited by Altheran