Taris a disappointment

irished

Hi I feel so disappointed with taris's leveling system for single player, i know other players may have been fine, but from my experience it was bad. I did my single player storyline's and I was still 2 levels behind moving on to the next phase of the campaign, up until now their was enough content to be the right level when you finished the main storyline and move on to the next planet, but with taris it feels like Bioware just said ah let's just to a load of heroic and flashpoint missions and leave it at that, now i don't know about you but at a high level takes a lot and gaining 2 levels from 33 onwards is a lot of killing involved, to me it's a shame because the storyline i love and it kept pace with leveling up too this point, and now for the fist time the game seems repetitive. Please Bioware add some more single player missions to Taris so we can level up and move on.:(

I skipped all flashpoints but elleses, skipped 90% of all heroics and I'm STILL 2-3 levels above the zone that I'm in.

1. Are you doing bonus kills quests? A lot are multiple stages with last stage being kill a solo boss and getting insane exp for turning bonus quest.

2. Are you doing the space mission dailies that you can get in your spaceship, they give great exp and credits.

3. Are you doing the bonus missions on the planet? They appear after you're done with your story mission, and brings closure to the fate of the planet your on...

4. Are you doing any warzones? they also give good exp/credits win or lose.

Taris for me as an IA seemed to last FOREVER. I just finished up the side quests and my storyline last night, am level 37 now, and although I spoke to the person who gives the bonus I've no intention of going back there for a bit.

There was loads to do. Even when I thought I was done there'd be another person standing there with another side quest for me to do.

Edited by Fantazm

Funny I was just the reverse.

I got to Taris at 19 (or was it 17) and I just finished yesterday at 24.

All I did was the quests which are all solo.

No Space missions.

I did do one 4x but that is about it.

There are a ton of quests there.

Granted a hole new line opens up when you go to your ship for a story line and there the governor asks for more help. Maybe you missed a line of quests.

In the end I would say Taris is on Par with Coresant for number of quests.

Edited by Korizan

Funny I was just the reverse.

I got to Taris at 19 (or was it 17) and I just finished yesterday at 24.

All I did was the quests which are all solo.

No Space missions.

I did do one 4x but that is about it.

There are a ton of quests there.

Granted a hole new line opens up when you go to your ship for a story line and there the governor asks for more help. Maybe you missed a line of quests.

In the end I would say Taris is on Par with Coresant for number of quests.

You did taris at 17-19? You pro.

I take liek every single quest and im always around +2-+6 level above the standrad level.

When i finished Taris i was 26! And still mobs 6 level below were very hard to beat. Though was able todo 1 or 2 heroic quests alone (with tricks).

I dont like Taris generic quests and the story here at all. Except for the main class quest chains, which are OK. But after you beat the sith (which was way to easy) it is not very satisfying.... Also the huge buildings, the bright overall environment are not very atmospheric and realistic setting. Quest chains which are very promising, like the archive ended way quick. I rather have a handfull quest than 100 generic quest, Taris has.

I rather have a jungle, swamp world which is very very dark.

Edited by Grrl

Taris comes at a different time for the republic than for the empire.

For the republic it's the 16 to 20 planet, the first after the capital planet.

For the empire it comes much later.

Edit: I'm already dreading the next time I have to go through Taris.

It's rakghouls everywhere. Rakghouls Rakghouls Rakghouls.

Go there and get this stuff. Why? Rakghouls.

Go here and kill these pirates. Why? Rakghouls.

Go buy these bagels and eat them. Why? Rakghouls.

I HATE RAKGHOULS!

Edited by Talahar

I HATE RAKGHOULS!

LOL I was just looking at the the planets wondering if I spelled the planet name wrong or something.

Edited by Korizan

I'm almost done Taris on my Gunslinger. I'm level 18 (3/4 to 19) and i just handed in the stuff to Risha and she wants to leave.

I have like a CRAPTON of quests left. Yeah sure it's not my story quest, but I can see getting to level 21 easily with just those quests before I leave the planet.

I've never done a WZ, I've only done Essels once (and never done any of the H2/H4 quests either on Coruscant or Taris.

Overall pretty happy with the amount of quests on Taris. Pretty happy with EVERYTHING on Taris, as IMO it's 100x better than Metal Land (aka Coruscant)....

I HATE RAKGHOULS!

Yea, I thought it was pretty tedious, also. Not playing right now because I don't want to do any more of those boring quests. Wish all the planets could have been fun.

I have to admit, I skipped the Heroic (4) quests.

After leveling from 20 to half-way through 24 on Taris, I was ready to go.

But the planet did teach me to think about how to use the mechanics of my character's class (I was playing a Sawbones-specced Scoundrel) and how to use my companion pretty well, especially given that I soloed all the Heroic (2) quests. But oh, man, if you don't use your stuns, cool downs and relic clickies appropriately, you (or at I) will get eaten, even at the top end of that 20-24 range.

I can't say I loved Taris, but I do think it went a long way towards teaching me to play my class.

Edited by Argentus

I have to admit, I skipped the Heroic (4) quests.

After leveling from 20 to half-way through 24 on Taris, I was ready to go.

But the planet did teach me to think about how to use the mechanics of my character's class (I was playing a Sawbones-specced Scoundrel) and how to use my companion pretty well, especially given that I soloed all the Heroic (2) quests. But oh, man, if you don't use your stuns, cool downs and relic clickies appropriately, you (or at I) will get eaten, even at the top end of that 20-24 range.

I can't say I loved Taris, but I do think it went a long way towards teaching me to play my class.

I love when regular gameplay teaches you subtly how to play your class better.

I don't have the issue most people have with Taris, but only because I know a lot about the history of it, having played Kotor, and reading other things.

Taris looked great and I loved the kotor references in it, but for some reason it annoyed the hell out of me.

Still, for some bizarre reason I went and did the bonus series. Just left to go to Quesh now, just reached level 38 so I'm slightly overlevelled.

I skipped the heroic quests in taris, my problem was the zone just didnt end!

I got to what I thought was the last quest, then there was "oh, by the way, go to this bonus zone".

I skipped most of that, and ended up on Nar Shadaa just before 22...not looking forward to the rakghouls on my next chars through there, so they are just sitting at the start now waiting til I have the patience for it again :p

I'm already dreading the next time I have to go through Taris.

Definitely agreed on this. I was so sick of rakghouls long before I left Taris. I don't even understand why the Republic is expending so many resources on attempting to rebuild that planet (beyond it being a symbol of recovery, Republic resiliency, and the like). It should just be abandoned.

I don't know what's gone wrong for you, I'm constantly near having grey quests on every planet I get to. Alderaan actually started with all grey quests for me, wasn't untill I got near the end that I actually started getting xp for handing in quests.

Taris caught me up a bit, but the quests were all still green for me, I'm about to start the bonus series and I'm almost lvl 40 and I've only done the early Flashpoints and only once each, and no PvP. The only extra xp I can think of that I've gotten is from Space combat dailies.

For some reason I didn't like Taris much either, especially with the early speeder and mobs on the roads everwhere shooting me off of it all the time when going from A to B.

Was really disappointed about the SI companion you get on Taris. It builds up and builds up and ends in a total anticlimax. Had to park my character for a few days before I could play it again, completely broke the feel of the class and the story.