Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Need some help with Lethality Rotation

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Gunslinger / Sniper
Need some help with Lethality Rotation

GeistTheWolf
02.16.2013 , 02:50 AM | #1
So I'm going to try Lethality and have one problem. I have way too many buttons to press with the addition of Weakening blast, Cull, and Corrosive grenade to the rotation. I would guess a few of my core Marksmanship abilities get cut from the rotation, but which ones? What happens to Snipe, Series of Shots, Shatter Shot, and Ambush in a sniper's rotation when going Lethality?

paowee
02.16.2013 , 06:18 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by GeistTheWolf View Post
I would guess a few of my core Marksmanship abilities get cut from the rotation, but which ones? What happens to Snipe WITH LAZE TARGET, Series of Shots, Shatter Shot, and Ambush in a sniper's rotation when going Lethality?
1) Simple Rotation:

Corr Grenade - Corr Dart - Weakening Blast - Cull - Series of Shots - X - Cull

X = Should be Snipe (WITH LAZE TARGET ONLY - 1 min cd) or
x = Ambush or
x = Explosive Probe

X = can change depending on your situation, sometimes you can put Weakening Blast there down the line when it becomes available, sometimes you will do Exp Probe when you need to be mobile, sometimes you do not want to cast Ambush because it will cap you at 100 energy for too long. These things you will learn with practice and more experience.

2) If Orbital Strike is up (and you don't have Adrenaline Probe to give you back energy) you can put it here:

Corr Grenade - Corr Dart - Weakening Blast - Cull - ORBITAL STRIKE - Rifle Shot(s) - Cull

2.a) If you have enough energy from DoT crits you can even do:

Corr Grenade - Corr Dart - Weakening Blast - Cull - Series of Shots - ORBITAL STRIKE - Rifle Shot - Cull

3) Armor Debuff:

Refresh Shatter Shot whenever you can if you don't have a Juggernaut or Arsenal Merc keeping their armor debuff up. You can use it anywhere in your rotation.

If you have any questions re: http://i.imgur.com/bRTcy.jpg let us know.
Republic < Intrepid > The Harbinger slinger sage vanguard dps
swtorboard.org dps blog.class guides.end-game stuff
16 man | 8 man DPS leaderboards | Galactic Starfighter Records

Sosajoshua
02.20.2013 , 08:03 AM | #3
Lol dam you paowee for making a good response. My normal rotation is similar to paowee's

Cdart>Cnade>ShatterShot>WBlast>Cull>____(usually SoS or Orbital)____>Cull.....

I use RifleShot here and there to help regen energy and sometimes Acquiring Target with SoS or Ambush and only use AProbe when my energy is below 30%
<A Wretched Hive> Jedi Covenant Rhaegis, Madness Sorcerer / Youngdragon, Advanced Proto-tech / Kha'leesi, Engineering Sniper / Dragonbane, Vengence Juggernaut

darthgamer
02.26.2013 , 05:50 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Sosajoshua View Post
Lol dam you paowee for making a good response. My normal rotation is similar to paowee's

I use RifleShot here and there to help regen energy and sometimes Acquiring Target with SoS or Ambush and only use AProbe when my energy is below 30%
See i was wondering about shatter shot lol but yea i think everyones rotation is practically the same except i toss out cg first then cd weakening blast cull probe sos cull takedown dead lol
I'll be the butter you'll be the popcorn

paowee
02.26.2013 , 06:16 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Sosajoshua View Post

>_<; I keep forgetting to put SS. Well imo it should be up (an armor pen i mean), a hundred percent of the time. if it falls off, just put it back up again! and if there's a jugg or arsenal merc in your raid (hitting your target) you might not need to use SS at all.
Republic < Intrepid > The Harbinger slinger sage vanguard dps
swtorboard.org dps blog.class guides.end-game stuff
16 man | 8 man DPS leaderboards | Galactic Starfighter Records

darthgamer
02.26.2013 , 06:26 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by paowee View Post
>_<; I keep forgetting to put SS. Well imo it should be up (an armor pen i mean), a hundred percent of the time. if it falls off, just put it back up again! and if there's a jugg or arsenal merc in your raid (hitting your target) you might not need to use SS at all.
I mostly pvp but I definately use it raiding but im trying to work it into pvp to see if i notice any difference with my dmg and how fast i can lay a smasher on his @ss
I'll be the butter you'll be the popcorn

Infalliable
02.27.2013 , 02:36 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by paowee View Post
Shatter shot usage really depends on who is in your raid group as you said. If you have someone who normally armor debuffs as part of their rotation (e.g., arsenal mercs, juggs, etc.) then it can/should be omitted.

In pvp, i don't think it's worth delaying cull to apply it unless you want the trama debuff.