Here is what is wrong with YOU in PvP...

Anarchists

I see a lot of posts in PvP forums about how this needs to be changed, that needs to be changed when really YOU need to change....

Adapt to the system! Normally that is totally against my nature. I'm an Anarchists! I dont believe in rulers. However, being in a video game we have certain rules we have to play by....

If a ranged DPS is killing you, LINE OF SIGHT them (LOS). If a melee is SMASHING you run away or CC them! These are simple solutions any class can use against these guys. If you are being stun locked by a stealthy CC them and run away! Dont let them get behind you!

Also make sure you know a good rotation!

If you are playing WZ's make sure you are aware of where your team is. Regroup and use FOCUS TARGETTING. If you dont know how to use FOCUS TARGETTING and you are a DPS learn! Click on my signature on twitch.tv/volantarism and watch the video called, " PvP UI Keybind Mouse Focus Target Game Changer Settings".

In WZ's COMMUNICATION before the fight is CRUCIAL!!! Make sure your team has an opening strategy! Who is going where and what are you guys doing on the first opening move???

If you are defending your job is to call out INCOMING enemies. WHERE AND HOW MANY!! Example: w3, s4,e1...

Learn to use your map A LOT!! Check your map WHILE DEAD. Dont waste the time you are behind the gate picking your ***... CHECK YOUR MAP!!! Also let people know how many "ticks" are left on the spawn door. Each quarter of the door in is a "tick" and I think is a 4 second count...

Make sure to use a lot of cooldowns on the opening.... this will set you up for the lead. Dont try to capture a node until you clear out the enemy team. I see people trying to ninja cap far too often when there are 3 enemies present... Ninja caps can work but are getting a lot more rare.

Dont forget to use your CC's on the opening and dont whitebar/max resolve the enemy. Try to CC enemies that arent full resolve or low resolve.

Melee... Please dont overextend into the enemy team! Stay in a good position, kill the enemy that overextends into YOUR teams line! Especially the guy that leaps to your healer....

For many examples check out my twitch.tv/volantarism feed and archived videos! I stream almost every day and keep an archive with live commentary!

Have FUN! and DONT GIVE UP!!!! Players that play with the "Die Hard" mentality, fight to the death, never give in, try harder will win more games. Dont get demoralized if your team is getting wooped.... TRY HARDER. Make the impossible come back! DONT LEAVE THE GAME!!!

Edited by Anarchists

Is this supposed to be a counter-thread to my thread "Here's what's wrong with PvP"?

If so, nothing in what you says really applies to my thread... and actually it just confirm that I'm right.

Now regarding your post, yes people suck at PvP. It's nothing new, it's been like that since pong.

But like I said in my other thread. Even if people are bad, they are barely punished for being bad anyways. So it's gonna be hard for them to become good if they don't get slapped for making mistakes.

The real solution to the problem "Player" is a solution to the game itself. If they want to learn, they'll have to do it the hard way. Not by giving them treats and holding their hands.

Denoobefying the CC system would be a major step toward fixing the "Players"

Edit: Oh and yes. I LoS, I know my rotation, I know every ability, talent, buff, debuff in PvP in the game, I know exactly how much resolve each of my CC is gonna fill in their bars, I always play to win the warzones rather then pad my numbers and even then I usually always end up top damage/heal while doing so, I always try to stay in the best position possible and above all, I always stay positive and never quit a warzone without a good reason. (Loosing isn't a good reason)

My problem isn't me. My problem is how other people do all of this wrong and doesn't learn because there is no insensitive to learn to get better when you don't get punished.

Why does force speed boost someone speed when they backpeddle? Force speed should only boost your speed if you go forward or sideways. Not backward. I would even dare say that when you backpeddle force speed, you should trip, fall and knock yourself unconscious for 3 seconds while taking 20% of your health in damage from bumping your head on the floor.

Edited by snaplemouton

If you are playing WZ's make sure you are aware of where your team is. Regroup and use FOCUS TARGETTING. If you dont know how to use FOCUS TARGETTING and you are a DPS learn! Click on my signature on twitch.tv/volantarism and watch the video called, " PvP UI Keybind Mouse Focus Target Game Changer Settings".

Still don't understand why people in this game assist off a focus target so much. I mean picking up targets is harder than other MMOs, but its still pretty easy to realize what targets people are on without wasting your focus target on your teammate. I could maybe see a tank focusing his healer so they don't have to target him for guardian leaps and guard swaps, but even then taunting off the focus frame is so much better. Unless you're amazing and can rotate focus between teammates and enemies.

But my sage says thank you I guess, because I don't think I've ever been interrupted by someone who hasn't had me targeted. At the same time, you blind assist my sniper, you'll probably end up breaking half my CC. :mad:

Edited by madtycoon

While I respect the idea of these posts (as condescending and childlike it was phrased) the people that need to read them most have never visited these forums and never will. I used to yell and get mad but I'm past that in pugs now. I still call incs but that's about it. Actually giving a toss just gives me high blood pressure. Edited by -abraXXo-

I think the best way to teach fools is to lead by example. Get a few good players in a match and call "e5" "w2" and when people scream things like HELP WEST, calmly explain to them that saying "w3" is less effort and more specific, and then you don't end up with 6 of your team hitting 3 enemies while the other 2 get cc'd and lose the door.

I even see players who have been around forever spam bad calls like HEAVY EAST when there are only 3 enemies at east and 5 at west. That kinda detail is important when you (and the 3 other people in your premade) are all in respawn trying to figure out how to split best.

Now regarding your post, yes people suck at PvP. It's nothing new, it's been like that since pong.

But for Pong, the term "terribad players" or "Bads" in general wasn't invented.

These terms are exclusive to MMOs.

I think the best way to teach fools is to lead by example.

I agree to this as well - it would be much better, imho, than QQing about "bads" in these forums.

I really hope this is a troll thread. I'm not sure but I think it is. Help lol.

Too many points in what he summed up made me cringe

You are too good. Please stop PUGging.

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

Is this supposed to be a counter-thread to my thread "Here's what's wrong with PvP"?

If so, nothing in what you says really applies to my thread... and actually it just confirm that I'm right.

No this wasnt a counter to your thread. I just saw it and a lot of other headlines of threads that seemed like people complaining about what needs to be changed when I'm just suggesting people should adapt to the box instead of try to change the box to compliment their weakness or what they see is unfair. Basically people need to change and consider their method may not be the right method under the current circumstances and patch.

Still don't understand why people in this game assist off a focus target so much. I mean picking up targets is harder than other MMOs, but its still pretty easy to realize what targets people are on without wasting your focus target on your teammate. I could maybe see a tank focusing his healer so they don't have to target him for guardian leaps and guard swaps, but even then taunting off the focus frame is so much better. Unless you're amazing and can rotate focus between teammates and enemies.

But my sage says thank you I guess, because I don't think I've ever been interrupted by someone who hasn't had me targeted. At the same time, you blind assist my sniper, you'll probably end up breaking half my CC. :mad:

Its great for fast switching. I encourage people to use it for at least something. I personally think focus targeting is awesome for getting all the DPS on 1 target, especially if you have 1 guy that is the lead DPS. Then you can switch your target and CC, then hit aquire focus targets target and get back on the kill target quickly without fumbling around. You should never use a breakable CC on a target that is being stomped. Definitely use them on their healers or save them for peels for your heals. PvP is situational and there are a lot of variables. Make good decisions for the situation you see...

I really hope this is a troll thread. I'm not sure but I think it is. Help lol.

Too many points in what he summed up made me cringe

Maybe you are suffering from cognitive dissonance. I can elaborate if you want me to on any of the points I'm trying to make. If I come off as complaining its because I was a little frustrated when typing up this post. I'm 100% serious. :D

I see a lot of posts in PvP forums about how this needs to be changed, that needs to be changed when really YOU need to change....

Does that mean with the balancing issues in the game I have to change to the FotM class instead of talking about it on the forums in vain hope BiOWare will do something about it? Does that mean that ability delay and misfiring of abilities is not an issue?

There is only so much one can do for herself, at one point one has to talk about issues with the game that could and should improve!

Adapt to the system! Normally that is totally against my nature. I'm an Anarchists! I dont believe in rulers. However, being in a video game we have certain rules we have to play by....

If a ranged DPS is killing you, LINE OF SIGHT them (LOS). If a melee is SMASHING you run away or CC them! These are simple solutions any class can use against these guys. If you are being stun locked by a stealthy CC them and run away! Dont let them get behind you!

Also make sure you know a good rotation!

In WZ's COMMUNICATION before the fight is CRUCIAL!!! Make sure your team has an opening strategy! Who is going where and what are you guys doing on the first opening move???

If you are defending your job is to call out INCOMING enemies. WHERE AND HOW MANY!! Example: w3, s4,e1...

Learn to use your map A LOT!! Check your map WHILE DEAD. Dont waste the time you are behind the gate picking your ***... CHECK YOUR MAP!!! Also let people know how many "ticks" are left on the spawn door. Each quarter of the door in is a "tick" and I think is a 4 second count...

Make sure to use a lot of cooldowns on the opening.... this will set you up for the lead. Dont try to capture a node until you clear out the enemy team. I see people trying to ninja cap far too often when there are 3 enemies present... Ninja caps can work but are getting a lot more rare.

Dont forget to use your CC's on the opening and dont whitebar/max resolve the enemy. Try to CC enemies that arent full resolve or low resolve.

Melee... Please dont overextend into the enemy team! Stay in a good position, kill the enemy that overextends into YOUR teams line! Especially the guy that leaps to your healer....

For many examples check out my twitch.tv/volantarism feed and archived videos! I stream almost every day and keep an archive with live commentary!

Have FUN! and DONT GIVE UP!!!! Players that play with the "Die Hard" mentality, fight to the death, never give in, try harder will win more games. Dont get demoralized if your team is getting wooped.... TRY HARDER. Make the impossible come back! DONT LEAVE THE GAME!!!

FINALLY OUT OF ALL THESE PEOPLE WHO DEMAND NERFS FOR EVERYTHING JUST BECUASE THEY ARE TOO LAZY TO LEARN HOW SOMEONE MAKES SENSE!

Seriously people, when you see saber reflect go up on a guardian or juggernaut don't attack, that's how I kill a lot of guys in pvp, even got myself damage medals for it. Interupt heals and stun healers and quickly dps them down. when you see a smash maurader coming your way either use a pushback or just stun and run, they just wasted their gap closer on you so if you get more than 10 meters away its only a matter of ranging them or waiting for them to waste ther smash on empty space before engaging them in melee.

Never demand nerfs, demand buffs to counter what you think is OP.

And to be honest if all classes are played by the same person there are going to be huge differences between effectiveness of each AC regardless. Because of bad class balance there is nothing I can change about myself to counter that other than playing the better class.

Does that mean with the balancing issues in the game I have to change to the FotM class instead of talking about it on the forums in vain hope BiOWare will do something about it?

Class balancing is something that NEVER ends in MMO's.... I've played MMO's long enough to know that they are designed and optimized for PvE because that is the bulk of what MMO's attract. PvP is always the minority and we get thrown scraps.

I would highly recommend (if you are serious about PvP and that is your focus in the game) to definitely try to level at least every class to level 20 or 30 and then pick 1 of each role to level to 55 (RDPS, MDPS, Heals, Tank, and something that can stealth). This will do many things. It will help you understand each classes strength -- and weakness. It will allow you to be more creative when you are fighting against or playing these classes. It will allow you to have a FOTM to play. Sadly this is a problem with almost every MMO PvP I have played and I have been playing for 10 years various MMO's. Right now a scoundrel can cover most of those roles and my scoundrel is only level 27. I personally like a challenge and often pick underdog classes and try to do well on them.

Does that mean that ability delay and misfiring of abilities is not an issue?

There is only so much one can do for herself, at one point one has to talk about issues with the game that could and should improve!

This is my biggest beef with SWTOR! And you are right its a HUGE ISSUE! A lot of people dont even seem to notice this problem and this is a core issue that made me quit the game 2.5 months ago! I call it something different but its the same thing. The GCD animation lag. Its gotta be a graphical issue, a coding issue, or a server lag issue. I'm not a tech so I really dont know what is causing it but it really gets me worked up when I hit an ability, I get a GCD animation and then the ability doesnt cast OR sometimes I will even see the animation of my character executing the ability and then it shows up on my hotkey that it didnt even go off! This should be BIOWARE's #1 PRIORITY. If its not fixed soon I'll be moving on again to other games and unsubscribing. I'm not willing to pay for a broken game and this issue is far from a small fracture -- its a gaping chasm...