Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Infiltration Shadow is the worst spec in the game

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Shadow / Assassin
Infiltration Shadow is the worst spec in the game

Liryc
12.12.2012 , 07:10 AM | #61
Hey guys I just got out of a novare coast and I just did 3.5 million damage. It was 7 healers on my team and I was full kinetic spec with tank gear. This obviously means that kinetic in tank gear is the most viable dps spec.

Now I need an ice pack for my fingers.....
Liryc [Infiltration Shadow] - Liraa [Sawbones Scoundrel]
Liryyc [Corruption Sorcerer]

cycao
12.12.2012 , 10:23 AM | #62
Quote: Originally Posted by Liryc View Post
Wait....he's doing 700k dps as infil and is still complaining? In the normal span of a warzone that would be incredible for infil. But doing over a million damage as a shadow only means one thing....you were in a stalled out game. Doesn't mean you are good, or one spec is better than another.
Not sure if you thought I was complaining which I didn't think I came off of that. I was just saying I have never seen an assassin/shadow push out that much dps in an average warzone where there is a set time limit (VS and huttball). Numbers get out of hand when you play a NC or CW where no one caps south or middle for the majority of the fight and in that I agree with you. I was saying personally I like my best dps was on a vs and hit like 680 per second or something along that line.

Miston
12.12.2012 , 03:11 PM | #63
total Dmg in WZ means next to nothing for inf shadow. (you actually do less dmg if you are killing your opponent.) To me what matters the most is kills, deathblows, vs how many times i died myself. All of this, of course, comes in a big 2nd. to Win or Loss at the end.
Miston
Harbinger server
HVND

Octagon
12.12.2012 , 03:34 PM | #64
All the number crunching aside, I switched from kinetic to infiltration after the upgrade and am having an absolute freaking blast. And in the end that's all that matters.
Rokstag

"My Eyes have seen what they've seen, My hands have done what they've done" - Leo Kruger

UglyStik
12.12.2012 , 06:50 PM | #65
Quote: Originally Posted by Octagon View Post
All the number crunching aside, I switched from kinetic to infiltration after the upgrade and am having an absolute freaking blast. And in the end that's all that matters.
That is what I did back when Battle Master was amazing before I quit. I definitely thought it was more fun, but you do lose utility and survivability. With a good team around you, I think infiltration is what I would go with..........But if you're running solo in PVP and you are going for the win I think kinetic is the way to go. Or the hybrid build(which I haven't used since I came back to SWTOR a weekish ago).
Skybáller - HVND
GO PACK GO

Ferkles
12.14.2012 , 03:46 AM | #66
Not the worst spec in the game, but definitely a spec that, in the interests of effective team play, should be benched. I've played Infiltration since I started this game and I've been forced to come to the conclusion that it's only a spec for goofing around in, in normal warzones when you want to see pretty numbers on sorcs. Now, I usually play a KC hybrid/KC tank build because force pull is way too much fun and I don't die as fast.
Getting a new signature. Eventually~