The Sith Emperor (Warning: Spoilers)

CorvusKahn

Warning: This thread contains spoilers. Read at own risk.

I just recently finished reading the Star Wars novel Revan, which talks about the history of the Sith Emperor, and why he must be stopped. First a little history about the Emperor. There is a question at the end. If you already know the history of the Sith Emperor, you can skip the next few paragraphs.

As you may or may not know, the Sith Emperor is immortal, and over 1,400 years old at the time that SWTOR takes place. He gained his immortality by stripping all the life and force from his home planet of Nathema. Every living thing on the planet was consumed by this act, including the powers of over a hundred Sith Lords, and the force itself. The planet is a dead planet now, not even insects live there. The true horror of this act is explained in more depth in the book Revan, which if you're a fan of Star Wars lore I recommend.

After this act, Lord Vitiate (his Sith Lord name before becoming the Emperor) led the remnants of the Sith, who were in dire straits from the Great Hyperspace War in a retreat from known space into the Unknown Regions. There he crowned himself Emperor, and immortal, built the Sith Empire over the next 1000+ years.

Around 300 years ago (before the current timeline in the game) Revan and several others tried and failed to stop the Emperor before he could begin his war with the Republic. See, the Sith Emperor has been driven to madness. While immortal, he fears death greatly, and sees threats everywhere. Even with his awesome strength of the force he worries that someday he may die. Right now he fears the Jedi and the Republic. This is why he started the Great Galactic War.

Okay, now that the Emperor's personal history is out of the way I have a series of questions.

One, does the Emperor make any appearance in the game?

Two, is his history discussed and any clues given towards his ultimate goals?

Three, is there anything in game pointing to persons within the Sith that wish to usurp him? And is it possible this could be some sort of endgame raid at one point?

The reason for all this is that I was planning on playing a Sith Warrior, (When I get access. Hint, hint, BioWare.) but after reading Revan I just don't know. The Sith Emperor is more than just evil, he wants to destroy every living thing in the universe. Honestly, I can no longer play the loyal to the Emperor type Sith I was thinking of. He has to be stopped.

So, in your opinion, should I play as a Sith? My reasoning for still considering it is that I could play as a power-hungry Sith who wants to usurp the Emperor, and saving the galaxy is just a bonus. But, I may be forced by certain game mechanics to actually serve him, even though I know he is too dangerous to live.

Anyway, thanks for reading this long post of mine, even though it has a rather selfish point to it. :)

Edited by CorvusKahn

But, I may be forced by certain game mechanics to actually serve him, even though I know he is too dangerous to live.

I don't see why you couldn't. Your character in game hasn't read the book. You start off as a lowly initiate so it's safe to assume you probably don't know the Emperor's grand scheme

One, does the Emperor make any appearance in the game?

Yes. The Emperor is in the game. To actually confront him in battle you will need to play out the Jedi Knight Story. Personally I never lvled a Knight this far during beta I did cap a Sage and joined my Sentinel friend to help him take down the Emperor in Kass City

Two, is his history discussed and any clues given towards his ultimate goals?

Yes. While perhaps not as deep as your book, his goals are touched on. I never played the Sith Warrior class and only played Inquisitor to lvl 20 during beta...so cannot speak how he intersects their storied in any detail. But he definitely intersects the both the Jedi Knight and Consular stories {especially Knights}. Consulars deal heavily with another aspect of him knowns as "The Children of The Emperor". A very interesting story in my opinion.

Three, is there anything in game pointing to persons within the Sith that wish to usurp him? And is it possible this could be some sort of endgame raid at one point?

Is it not the goal of any Sith to rule the Empire? Short Answer...yes.

I was purposely vague so as to not spoil it outright. I encourage you to explore every class you feel would be at least tangential to the Emperor...and you will have a blast. I assure you.

Edited by Urantia

I could play as a power-hungry Sith who wants to usurp the Emperor, and saving the galaxy is just a bonus. But, I may be forced by certain game mechanics to actually serve him, even though I know he is too dangerous to live.

Having read the book you can simply assume that any forced game mechanics to serve the Emperor are merely acts to appease him until you can seize the opportunity to destroy him. It's the same game that Lord Scourge is playing.

In the Sith Warrior storyline you get to chat with his Voice.

You even get to work for him. The final title a SW gets is "Emperor's Wrath". That is to say, you kick people's *** as the Emperor directs.

But outside of that, I have no idea where else you might encounter him.

Considering some of the hints here and there, I am not entirely sure he can be killed. Well, not permanently anyway. Baras' plot to become the "Emperor's Voice" hinges on the fact that the Emperor is contained on Voss.

The Emperor tells you this when you speak to him. Since he's stuck in his Voice's body, and the body is trapped in an old dark side temple, he commands your SW character to kill him so he is free to find a new body.

I suspect his death in the JK story is just another of his bodies.

To misquote Mario Bros: I'm sorry JK, but your enemy's true body is in another Sith Temple.

-Kai-Lunn