Ummm...Early Accesss not working...??

Bristol

Hey everyone,

During our last Producer Livestream we announced that Chapter XVI: The Battle of Odessen would go live on July 28th (early access on the 26th); as of today we have decided to move the release to August 11th (early access on the 9th). This Chapter reveals the climactic ending to the Fallen Empire story and we want to make sure it delivers the emotional impact that the story deserves. We are going to take this time to push it further in an effort to bring the Knights of the Fallen Empire’s final Chapter to a fitting ending – one that, in the tradition of all great Star Wars stories, leaves you wanting more! Thank you for your patience and we look forward to hearing your feedback post release.

Although we are moving the date, we want to reassure you that we are taking the necessary steps to ensure that you will not have any access issues when the time comes:

• Players who qualified in July for the Sub Reward will still receive the July Subscriber reward on July 26th.
  • Players who qualified for early access by being a Sub on July 1 will still have early access to the Chapter on August 9th.
  • Players subscribed as of July 28th, will be granted access to Chapter XVI when it goes live on August 9th.

We are looking forward to sharing Chapter XVI with you and give you the chance to face your destiny as the Outlander - Thank you for your continued support!

Ben

Ahem...According to my profile page, I renewed my subscription on 2016/07/21 8:59 PM.

Once I got into the game after the patch and pressed the PLAY button: WHAMMO...I am told I don't qualify for Early Access.

Care to comment...???

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahem...According to my profile page, I renewed my subscription on 2016/07/21 8:59 PM.

Once I got into the game after the patch and pressed the PLAY button: WHAMMO...I am told I don't qualify for Early Access.

Care to comment...???

My time says 08/08/2016. I thought it was gonna be available on the 11th.

My time says 08/08/2016. I thought it was gonna be available on the 11th.

Since you appear to be trying to be "Detail-Oriented", maybe re-read the following Dev Threads: I will AGAIN bold the critical points so you won't have to ready as much:

Hey everyone,

During our last Producer Livestream we announced that Chapter XVI: The Battle of Odessen would go live on July 28th (early access on the 26th); as of today we have decided to move the release to August 11th (early access on the 9th). This Chapter reveals the climactic ending to the Fallen Empire story and we want to make sure it delivers the emotional impact that the story deserves. We are going to take this time to push it further in an effort to bring the Knights of the Fallen Empire’s final Chapter to a fitting ending – one that, in the tradition of all great Star Wars stories, leaves you wanting more! Thank you for your patience and we look forward to hearing your feedback post release.

Although we are moving the date, we want to reassure you that we are taking the necessary steps to ensure that you will not have any access issues when the time comes:

• Players who qualified in July for the Sub Reward will still receive the July Subscriber reward on July 26th.
  • Players who qualified for early access by being a Sub on July 1 will still have early access to the Chapter on August 9th.
  • Players subscribed as of July 28th, will be granted access to Chapter XVI when it goes live on August 9th.

We are looking forward to sharing Chapter XVI with you and give you the chance to face your destiny as the Outlander - Thank you for your continued support!

Ben

Hey folks!

We have figured out what the issue is and we have a few options on how to proceed. What we are going to do is we are going to move tomorrow's maintenance up to right now, meaning there will no longer be a maintenance tomorrow morning. Within the next 15-30 minutes we will be bringing all servers down as we deploy Game Update 4.7 and Chapter 16.

This means that as the servers come back up 4.7 will be live and you will have access to Chapter 16 Early Access if you qualified. We do apologize for any inconvenience this has caused, but with this solution you will be getting Chapter 16 and GU 4.7 even sooner than planned.

This means that starting soon SWTOR servers will be unavailable for approximately 4 hours (hopefully less). We will be keeping SWTOR.com available during this period.

Thank you for your understanding.

-eric

• Dev Post
yeah they miss typed.. it goes live on the 11th... early access was scheduled for tomorrow, but since they are patching right now we are gonna get it today..

ClaytonL has the correct answer. That was a typo, and I apologize that it made it to this point and none of us caught it. If you would not have qualified for Early Access in July, you don't for this launch date either. Ben's last bullet should have said the 11th, not the 9th. That would reflect launch of the Chapter, not Early Access. I will get that corrected immediately to avoid any further confusion.

-eric

Edit: Also, to clarify that last point. That does mean you will get access on the 11th, on the official launch of the Chapter.

Edited by EricMusco

ClaytonL has the correct answer. That was a typo, and I apologize that it made it to this point and none of us caught it. If you would not have qualified for Early Access in July, you don't for this launch date either. Ben's last bullet should have said the 11th, not the 9th. That would reflect launch of the Chapter, not Early Access. I will get that corrected immediately to avoid any further confusion.

-eric

So, advertise 1 thing and execute another...Again, thanks for another royal BITE ME from above...!!!

I'm a little confused myself. It happens.

I qualified for early access, I have an HK inspired poster to prove this.

I'm subbed as it evident by my ability to type in the forums. But when I click on play it tells me I'm either not subbed or I don't qualify for early access and to check out my account to find out more. Is this a bug caused by the early patching or something else?

-eric

Edit: Also, to clarify that last point. That does mean you will get access on the 11th, on the official launch of the Chapter.

Good to see that SWTOR's definition of "Quality Control" is not only executed but lived right from the very top...!!!

...Edit: Also, to clarify that last point. That does mean you will get access on the 11th, on the official launch of the Chapter.

Confused: If I subscribed TODAY, would I not also get access on August 11?

Why the need to make a specific clarification about the specific date of July 28...??

So, advertise 1 thing and execute another...Again, thanks for another royal BITE ME from above...!!!

I feel you. Feeling disappointed as well. That's a mistake that NEVER should've made it this far and got people's hopes up. I mean, it's been three weeks since that announcement was made and it still wasn't caught until people started asking about it? :mad:

It's disappointing that, as a subscriber, my expectations were that I'd be able to enjoy content that an official communication from the company providing the service indicated I'd be able to, only to learn that no, sorry, it was a typo. I get mistakes happen, I guess just because of what I do for a living I can't help but be critical of the mistake. If I sent out an engagement letter to a client that had a typo that set the wrong expectation and I refused to honor it...I'd lose my job most likely.

I've also been looking forward to this for a long time. What's a few more days, I guess...

It'd be nice if they stuck to the original communication as written.