DvL, Ziost, Rak, Gree tokens need some new love...

BenduKundalini

Decorations are the best way to do this. People can only use 1 of each mount or pet or whatever per character, but they can use a lot of the same decoration throughout their many strongholds. Periodically adding 1 or 2 new decos to each vendor would keep old content relevant.

But DvL and Gree especially.

Give us a reason to grind those ! Currently stoped caring about the stash/ going above the limit...

:sy_inventory:

Well, isn’t the Gree event the only source of moddable legacy off-hands?

I think you can use bounty contracts, rakghoul dna canisters, and gray helix components to buy a copy of the same vendor that is on the fleet and sells the old original 1.2 rakghoul event armors, along with the chevin event stuff and a “new” armor set, the Outer Rim Hunter set. For that set, you need 155 rakghoul DNA canisters, 102 gray helix components, and 133 completed bounty contracts. I’m not sure why an individual would need that vendor in their stronghold, but to each their own.

Some of the paintings that are from concept art are nice decos for strongholds. The Master Hunter’s helmet is pretty iconic for any mandalorian and you might need a few copies for different outfits. The Gree and THORN mainhands are conceivably something you might cosmetically want on multiple toons.

But, it would be nice to have something else to spend it on as suggested by the OP. I liked when they introduced the Cyan Sphere mount with Life Day many years ago that reduced the cost in gray helix components by using the snow covered parcels. I think it would be great to get other things that way as well... using event currencies to reduce the price of other things. There’s two mounts you can get on Odessen in your base that cost $5 and $10 MILLION credits apiece. Would love to be able to use event currencies to lower those costs.

Edited by phalczen

Decorations are the best way to do this. People can only use 1 of each mount or pet or whatever per character, but they can use a lot of the same decoration throughout their many strongholds. Periodically adding 1 or 2 new decos to each vendor would keep old content relevant.

Absolutely.

Well, isn’t the Gree event the only source of moddable legacy off-hands?

I think you can use bounty contracts, rakghoul dna canisters, and gray helix components to buy a copy of the same vendor that is on the fleet and sells the old original 1.2 rakghoul event armors, along with the chevin event stuff and a “new” armor set, the Outer Rim Hunter set. For that set, you need 155 rakghoul DNA canisters, 102 gray helix components, and 133 completed bounty contracts. I’m not sure why an individual would need that vendor in their stronghold, but to each their own.

Some of the paintings that are from concept art are nice decos for strongholds. The Master Hunter’s helmet is pretty iconic for any mandalorian and you might need a few copies for different outfits. The Gree and THORN mainhands are conceivably something you might cosmetically want on multiple toons.

But, it would be nice to have something else to spend it on as suggested by the OP. I liked when they introduced the Cyan Sphere mount with Life Day many years ago that reduced the cost in gray helix components by using the snow covered parcels. I think it would be great to get other things that way as well... using event currencies to reduce the price of other things. There’s two mounts you can get on Odessen in your base that cost $5 and $10 MILLION credits apiece. Would love to be able to use event currencies to lower those costs.

Exactly. Had been thinking about OFFHANDS specifically, forgot to mention it. And, of course, decorations.

The Cyan Sphere and Ambassadors are very good examples of synergies, gratz... I like your ideas.

About offhands, it's as if there was a Commandment written in stone instead of an overlook... Thou Shalt have no Legacy Offhands... and Warriors and Knights shall not have a mainhand at the lvl 8 vendor...

Edited by BenduKundalini

OMG yes, the Gree event needs a better way for solo, non-PVP players to get tokens!

Gree used to be fun but now I don't run it, and neither do my friends.

Yup. Gree tokens are way too hard to come by. So if you need 4 ready-to-use endgame offhands for your entire legacy - say, 1 focus, 1 force shield, 1 tech shield, 1 generator - at 20 helixes apiece it's a nightmare. That's not even counting ready-to-use offhands for lower levels...

At the other end of the spectrum, DvL, Ziost or Rak tokens, we have HUNDREDS of, sitting in cargo eating space, we don't care if we lose out on them by exceeding the limit.

These can be turned into mainhands so why not offhands ??? Is it sacrilegious or something ? :rak_02:

I just buy legacy sabers all the time with DvL tokens.

Edited by BenduKundalini

I feel like... they nerfed the rewards and then, despite threads full of complaints, never went back to revisit the change.

It would restore a lot of good will in the community if they increased the rewards back to previous levels, if not higher.

Yup. Gree tokens are way too hard to come by. So if you need 4 ready-to-use endgame offhands for your entire legacy - say, 1 focus, 1 force shield, 1 tech shield, 1 generator - at 20 helixes apiece it's a nightmare. That's not even counting ready-to-use offhands for lower levels...

At the other end of the spectrum, DvL, Ziost or Rak tokens, we have HUNDREDS of, sitting in cargo eating space, we don't care if we lose out on them by exceeding the limit.

These can be turned into mainhands so why not offhands ??? Is it sacrilegious or something ? :rak_02:

I just buy legacy sabers all the time with DvL tokens.

OH's are only 8 gray helix's each, not 20.

I feel like... they nerfed the rewards and then, despite threads full of complaints, never went back to revisit the change.

It would restore a lot of good will in the community if they increased the rewards back to previous levels, if not higher.

Like the chance cube on hitting level 50 with conquests...

A few things:

• The Gree heroic is a solo-able daily, so that's 7 per toon per week.
  • Story Mode Xenoanalyst is very easy. If you've never been there, many raid groups would be happy to teach it to you.
  • The pvp missions can be easily completed by a stealth toon without ever engaging with anyone.

Essentially, your lack of helix components is a L2P issue.

Edited by Rion_Starkiller

I''m so glad you're offering to help! I don't have a stealthy toon or one with good enough gear to solo that mission. I've also never done an Op, so yes, I could use someone showing me the ropes. What server are you on?

• 10 months later...
A few things:

• The Gree heroic is a solo-able daily, so that's 7 per toon per week.
  • Story Mode Xenoanalyst is very easy. If you've never been there, many raid groups would be happy to teach it to you.
  • The pvp missions can be easily completed by a stealth toon without ever engaging with anyone.

wouldn't say the heroic is soloable(at least not for everyone), it can be done, but it's not easy, and you need decent gear. It also takes longer. But it is fairly easy to get a group together for it, so don't worry too much about trying to solo it.

Xeno is easy enough on SM, as long as people listen, and do as they are supposed to.

But the PvP missions don't give tokens, at least the last time i saw them, they didn't. Not to mention, doing the PvP mission isn't the problem, stealth or not, it's the other stealth's or groups that sit on the pylon and wait for people to try and use it.

• 6 months later...

I want to bring this to the attention of developers. We need new content and items for existing events and reputation dailies. For example, when was the last time new rewards were added to the Czerka dailies? I am legend status already, and I have not returned or had a reason to return for years. Its simply a piece of content that has been forgotten. Add new decos, new mounts, and new flairs or tunings.

What about the uprisings? They are neat as a concept, but wow, they provide zero benefit or incentive to complete. Literally nobody does them. Or what about the Ragkhoul event rewards? Same old rewards every year.

....In addition to adding rewards to rep vendors, it would be good to have a series of rewards that drop only from completing the dailies, and ONLY if you have legend reputation with that faction. These items should not be bound to legacy so players that have reached legend reputation will have an incentive to come back. In fact, it might be worth letting players with legendary reputation to RE and learn schematics of some items.

Edited by CommanderOtto

• 2 weeks later...
Bumping this thread because I would love to see new items added for events and rep vendors. I completely ignored pelting droids for Life Day last year because I have enough holotrees to create a holotree forest on a distant planet and be able to see it from here. We need reasons to go back and do the older content.

But DvL and Gree especially.

Give us a reason to grind those ! Currently stoped caring about the stash/ going above the limit...

Why would you want to grind those in particular? After you've gotten all the DvL and/or Gree stuff you want, go grind something else. It makes just as much sense for them to add new stuff by making new 'grinds' such as Swoop Racing, then to add to old grinds.