jedi sage build question

evildarkjedi

If by pvm you mean PvE, then go dps to start. Healing is good in groups (and almost required at endgame), but it's awfully boring for solo questing.

I wouldn't disagree with this save it's really a matter of what you're comfortable with. If you go heals while leveling it has the advantage of getting used to filling the healer role before you get to 50. It's disadvantage is that you are putting a lot of dps and/or tanking into your companions and spending a significant time healing them. That's not for everyone. On the other hand, going dps means things die faster but usually means more downtime between fights.

Ultimately, I think you have to ask yourself what is more suitable for your playstyle.

I leveled my sage as a healer and it made the leveling grind so easy. You get your tanking companion on tython so you are set from that point on. It might be a little boring for some people to spend more time healing your companion more then dpsing the mobs down but it will allow you to solo heroic 2's and down any elite mob that you would encounter in your quests. Also as someone else said you will know your role better for when you want to head into endgame content. You will also have quicker wait times in group finder as a healer.