Some kind of sick joke?

Okay so...Last 2 days my guild has been running HM to gear up some of the new guys.

We've done about 10-12 the last couple days and 9 times we got smuggler gear. Really?!?!

The other 2 times was gear that we already had...

Anyone else experiencing this?

If you would read a little more closely, you would find who knows how many umpteen posts about this. It's something they are applying a bit of a fix to, in 1.2, in terms of the destined loot and drops taking party composition into account (in other words, they won't drop something for a class that isn't in the party at all).

As for the rest of it, well, RNG is RNG. Not much you can do about it. Grind away.

[color=#f9d648]Hello there, We saw your thread and thought you might be interested in some of the changes coming in 1.2 in relation to loot in Flashpoints and Operations. You can find more information on the 1.2 patch [URL="http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=363056"]here[/URL].[/color] [quote name='AmberGreen'][color=#f9d648] [size=+1][center][u]Game Update 1.2 PTS Patch Notes (Continued)[/u][/center][/size] [size=+1][b][i][color="red"]The patch notes published for the Public Test Server are not final and are subject to change.[/color][/i][/b][/size] [i]The following URL will allow you to link to the Items and Economy PTS Notes directly: [URL="http://www.swtor.com/community/showp...44&postcount=6"]http://www.swtor.com/community/showp...44&postcount=6[/URL][/i] [aname=Flashpoints_Ops][size=+1][u]Flashpoints and Operations[/size][/u][/aname] [B][SIZE="3"]Items and Economy[/SIZE][/B] [B]General[/B] [LIST] [*]Loot drops from endgame activities, such as Operations and Flashpoints, now take group composition into account. [/LIST] [/color][/QUOTE]

I don't think the 1.2 solution is going to work well. It may have solved the problem that drop gears no one can wear, meanwhile, for example, if you have no smuggler in your raid and you want to bring a fresh 50 smuggler to the ops to gear him up, he would have the least chance to get gear because now smuggler's gear would drop at a much lower rate since there is only one in the raid.

On the contrary, if you have 3 smugglers, only one ungeared, the only ungeared one still only have 1/3 chance to get the gear even if it drops more.

The 1.2 solution only suit the case of you bring like 3 ungeared smugglers then everyone happy. But everyone knows this is the worst class combination for a raid.

I'm so glad I started raiding back when you had a 1/9 chance that something would drop for your class (even though there were only 8 available classes in the raid) and when something did drop, you have maybe 1/5 chance to win the roll.

You really just can't complain about today's systems for loot after going through that....

I don't think the 1.2 solution is going to work well. It may have solved the problem that drop gears no one can wear, meanwhile, for example, if you have no smuggler in your raid and you want to bring a fresh 50 smuggler to the ops to gear him up, he would have the least chance to get gear because now smuggler's gear would drop at a much lower rate since there is only one in the raid.

On the contrary, if you have 3 smugglers, only one ungeared, the only ungeared one still only have 1/3 chance to get the gear even if it drops more.

The 1.2 solution only suit the case of you bring like 3 ungeared smugglers then everyone happy. But everyone knows this is the worst class combination for a raid.

I'm not sure if that's how it works, unless I've missed a dev post somewhere. I think they just cut out the drops for classes that aren't present.

Though it still doesn't fix the fact that the three BHs in my guild all rolled their toons after I had already started doing HM raids and they've turned down more Rakata gear than I've ever seen drop for my Warrior, let alone actually won. Hell, back in the day when I was farming Kaon for my Columi hat (back when two hats dropped), it took nine days. In the span of those nine days, both bosses dropped BH hats on five of those days and one BH hat on the remaining four.

I can't think of a time I've ever run an Operation and not seen a preponderance of BH drops over everything else. In fact, after rolling my Merc healer, I ended up with three Columi pieces in one EV run, which is unthinkable for my Warrior.

All that being said, I do hope there's more work being done to the drop chances beyond just removing any drops for a class that's not there, seeing as how a lot of Ops run with at least one of every class anyway. It'd be nice if it took into account what gear everyone already has.

Like, if you're doing Bonethrasher for the 11th time and you have three Bounty Hunters that already have the hat and have turned down hat tokens for the past six or seven weeks then the game would maybe reduce the chance of two BH tokens dropping from 99% to, maybe, 98%. :D

as somebody who plays a smuggler...... I think they realized not enough decent smuggler gear drops so they just put it all in one place..haha

I know people who are levels below me who have done no FP and no PvP and didn't buy the gear who have better gear than I do. So I understand that some of you feel it is unfair. But in reality will you just quit complaining and let the few smugglers have their one chance at gear?

Ah.. I remember the problem when I was hunting for the Bounty Hunter Columi Chestpart. Bloody Hell I did the false Emperor 16 to 20 times and the only things that dropped were Inquisitor and Imperial Agent.

Well.. then I had enough columi badges to purchase it from the Columi Gear Vendor... but the patch will fix this annoying randomness.

I honestly think FPs/Ops are bugged to drop a LOT more smuggler/IA gear than normal. During our last weekend Ops run, IA Rakata gear dropped on every single boss, several times double IA gear. This is not abnormal either as this seems to happen every week.

This is not a case of not getting gear I need as I play an Op - I don't mind getting fully decked out in a single run because of all the Agent drops, but my guild needs loot too!

Okay so...Last 2 days my guild has been running HM to gear up some of the new guys.

We've done about 10-12 the last couple days and 9 times we got smuggler gear. Really?!?!

Why do people not realize that the current loot system is not aware of group composition. WHY DO YOU KEEP POSTING THIS. WE ARE ALL AWARE THAT YOU WILL GET DROPS THAT YOU ALREADY HAVE! IT'S DESIGNED LIKE THIS!

I'm not sure if that's how it works, unless I've missed a dev post somewhere. I think they just cut out the drops for classes that aren't present.

Though it still doesn't fix the fact that the three BHs in my guild all rolled their toons after I had already started doing HM raids and they've turned down more Rakata gear than I've ever seen drop for my Warrior, let alone actually won. Hell, back in the day when I was farming Kaon for my Columi hat (back when two hats dropped), it took nine days. In the span of those nine days, both bosses dropped BH hats on five of those days and one BH hat on the remaining four.

I can't think of a time I've ever run an Operation and not seen a preponderance of BH drops over everything else. In fact, after rolling my Merc healer, I ended up with three Columi pieces in one EV run, which is unthinkable for my Warrior.

All that being said, I do hope there's more work being done to the drop chances beyond just removing any drops for a class that's not there, seeing as how a lot of Ops run with at least one of every class anyway. It'd be nice if it took into account what gear everyone already has.

Like, if you're doing Bonethrasher for the 11th time and you have three Bounty Hunters that already have the hat and have turned down hat tokens for the past six or seven weeks then the game would maybe reduce the chance of two BH tokens dropping from 99% to, maybe, 98%. :D

Funny, because 2 weeks in a row our HM EV group has seen nothing but warrior gear drop when we had 3 BHs that needed gear. We do have a very happy marauder though.

as of update 1.2, this IS NOT FIXED. My nightmare EV group got some trooper gear with nary a trooper in the group, and my flashpoint just did HM false emperor 3 consular and 1 knight, and we got a smuggler body piece.

thanks. thanks bioware.

We've also seen gear drop that was not based on group comp in EV/Kragga, thanksfully in HM on EC we got gear which was item specific and not class specific which is a step the right direction (and should have been that way from the start).

Can personally confirm this now. Just did Kaon Under Siege. 2 troopers, smuggler and knight.

Consular Columi head piece dropped at the end. Waste of everyone's time.....

Back to the drawing board Bioware. Again.

you;re not from around here are ya boy?

it is a random loot generator, so why are you people surprised that iot drops gear you dont need?If it would only drop gear for the classes who are in the raid you could run 8 or 16 of the same class and get fully geared in a few weeks.It is already to easy to get fully geared in this game and you guys still complain.

it is a random loot generator, so why are you people surprised that iot drops gear you dont need?If it would only drop gear for the classes who are in the raid you could run 8 or 16 of the same class and get fully geared in a few weeks.It is already to easy to get fully geared in this game and you guys still complain.

You did read the part in the patch notes that said that it was going to stop dropping gear for classes that were not in the group right? Nobody, particularly non-hardcores want to slog through a hard-mode flashpoint, only for the armour piece that drops to be the one class who isn't in the group.

Bioware obviously agreed and supposedly changed it. Obviously the change didn't work.

You did read the part in the patch notes that said that it was going to stop dropping gear for classes that were not in the group right? Nobody, particularly non-hardcores want to slog through a hard-mode flashpoint, only for the armour piece that drops to be the one class who isn't in the group.

Bioware obviously agreed and supposedly changed it. Obviously the change didn't work.

Ok, so what do we do with the pieces like "Unassembled Columi Wargrade Tech Bracers", since we can't trade it or sell it? Two hardmode flashpoints and everything that dropped was for a Bounty Hunter in a team of two Sorcerers, one Marauder and an Asssassin. Is there some use for the item listed above or do we just get the finger?

Ok, so what do we do with the pieces like "Unassembled Columi Wargrade Tech Bracers", since we can't trade it or sell it? Two hardmode flashpoints and everything that dropped was for a Bounty Hunter in a team of two Sorcerers, one Marauder and an Asssassin. Is there some use for the item listed above or do we just get the finger?

Pretty much the finger. The only thing you can do is vendor it or give it to a companion if they can use it.

Pretty much the finger. The only thing you can do is vendor it or give it to a companion if they can use it.

The best part of their story is that Bounty Hunter gear is absolutely useless for Inquisitor companions and the one Warrior class in the group has only 1 companion that uses Aim gear. Pretty rough alright.