The Elephant in the Room

B-Quick

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Under completely perfect conditions it can hit for 100k. Like, every relic has procced, 4pc bonus is active, every possible debuff has been applied, every utility has procced, power yield is up to full stacks and they were willing to stand within 5m of you when it pops.

When the stars align it's amazing. The reality of using this set is it normally hits for 55-65k on average. It's the same as what everyone else hits for. The aoe range is small, so it's actually very difficult to hit someone, it's melee range only. There are tacticals that deal more damage than this 6pc bonus.

Edited by Fellow-Canadian

Under completely perfect conditions it can hit for 100k. Like, every relic has procced, every possible debuff has been applied, every utility has procced, power yield is up to full stacks and they were willing to stand within 5m of you when it pops.

When the stars align it's amazing. The reality of using this set is it normally hits for 55-65k on average. It's the same as what everyone else hits for. The aoe range is small, so it's actually very difficult to hit someone, it's melee range only. There are tacticals that deal more damage than this 6pc bonus.

This. Big aoe damage is rarely something to panic about in pvp, unless there are a ton of melee in queue I guess.

This. Big aoe damage is rarely something to panic about in pvp, unless there are a ton of melee in queue I guess.

I've only had 100k hit one time since I've been using it. Hitting more than one person is incredibly rare because of how small the aoe is. It really has to be a couple melee dps that are on you and don't notice it's about to pop or don't know you're running meteor brawler.

It's got a 2min cooldown and it's impending doom is announced 15 seconds in advance, as long as the buff isn't clicked off. Easily avoidable.

Edited by Fellow-Canadian

unless you are letting them make their ionfall/firefall stack

A VG who knows what they're up to can stack it to 7 anywhere from instantly to 2GCD :D

As in, you can be stunned the entire time they build and manually blow the charge on you.

Or, because VG has a 30m charge, a 30-40m harpoon and HTL, you don't have a choice about a VG hugging you when it goes off if they have any idea about their tools. You gotta be a bit new to burn a 2m DPS CD that requires 5m range and somehow get kited while having lots of ways to stick to the victim and the option to manually trigger the bomb early.

Counterplay is quite low because it bypasses most DR due to it being AOE, Tech and Elemental. So no armour reduction, dodge or shielding but AOE damage reduction usually taken for PVE will help.

If you don't have generic DR, generic tech resistance or AOE DR you will take the largest hit any player can do in the game.

Eg. a merc in typical pvp utilities will be going full healing instead of AOE DR. This means they only have Energy Shield for 25% generic DR. If that's not up then all that's left is the 10% elemental DR from the sorc class buff that everyone should have.

It's not Meteor Brawler 6pc alone, if it was that alone it's not too scary. It is Superheated Fuel tac making the stacked damage autocrit and that's how you get it hitting 100k+ to everyone in range. Available on the vendor btw ;)

Edited by Gyronamics

https://streamable.com/8371g check this **** out :D

Yeah, that's 4 melee stacked up in a tank/heal game. In that particular circumstance, it's pretty strong.

Isn't this what Krea was talking about a few weeks ago when people were tossing up nerf sin threads left and right and everyone scoffed at him?

Yeah, and he was as wrong as this OP is. He also admitted he only brought it up in bad faith because he thought people were unfairly demanding sin nerfs and he was trying to demonstrate the flaws in their reasoning. Quite a pathetic thing to do.

AOE burst like this is situational at best, and pts are still the squishiest class. People act like they want pts to stay permanently at the bottom. Kind of baffling. I'm glad they have a useful tool to bring to the table.

Edited by JediMasterAlex

I mean, You can all say its situational, You can say its only good if everything procs, But hey it might be a little stronger than you think. https://clips.twitch.tv/ThirstyGiftedLasagnaChocolateRain , Now while its totally avoidable and yes you can outplay it, To the average person playing, Its not that simple, You can click it off explosive fuel at any time, So once you hit 7 stacks youre telling every player to literally run away from someone, While in theory some will do this, Some will prempt with a dcd, Youre basically screwed if you have to run away from what could be 5-6 seconds? And plus Pyro PTs aint as squishy and easy to kill as yall think.

I mean, You can all say its situational, You can say its only good if everything procs, But hey it might be a little stronger than you think. https://clips.twitch.tv/ThirstyGiftedLasagnaChocolateRain , Now while its totally avoidable and yes you can outplay it, To the average person playing, Its not that simple, You can click it off explosive fuel at any time, So once you hit 7 stacks youre telling every player to literally run away from someone, While in theory some will do this, Some will prempt with a dcd, Youre basically screwed if you have to run away from what could be 5-6 seconds? And plus Pyro PTs aint as squishy and easy to kill as yall think.

We'll see. So far in preseason, I've seen a few pyro pts have moderate success. They're surviving longer and putting out more damage before they die than they did in 5.x. But they're still the first to die unless they kite like crazy. They seem to be about where dps juggs were.

As with most things, maybe my opinion will change once the actual season starts.

We'll see. So far in preseason, I've seen a few pyro pts have moderate success. They're surviving longer and putting out more damage before they die than they did in 5.x. But they're still the first to die unless they kite like crazy. They seem to be about where dps juggs were.

As with most things, maybe my opinion will change once the actual season starts.

I mean, Theyre nothing like a jugg dps from 5.0, Why? Because a Jugg dps, Literally couldnt punish you so hard for tunneling them, Youre right in the sense of Everyone stills goes pt first, But that might change especially if this busted mechanic doesnt get fixed, Yes i said it BUSTED, And i play pyro, Youre punished in the sense of, You can get globalled in 1 gcd from the PT, That shouldnt be a thing.

I mean, Theyre nothing like a jugg dps from 5.0, Why? Because a Jugg dps, Literally couldnt punish you so hard for tunneling them, Youre right in the sense of Everyone stills goes pt first, But that might change especially if this busted mechanic doesnt get fixed, Yes i said it BUSTED, And i play pyro, Youre punished in the sense of, You can get globalled in 1 gcd from the PT, That shouldnt be a thing.

Potential on paper isn't that important. I'm very skeptical that it will translate to frequent wins in solos. I can see it being good against sins and ops, but what are you going to do against kiting snipers and sorcs, for example? So let's see how it works out in ranked once the season starts. Who knows, maybe you're right, but it's quite early to really call it busted.

Edited by JediMasterAlex

I mean, PTs have the best chasing in the game. Pull, Leap, and Hydraulics. Plus being able to click off the buff to force the explosion sooner rather than latter? All the PT needs is 1gcd while its on top of you, no matter what class. Edited by Kuzain

I mean, PTs have the best chasing in the game. Pull, Leap, and Hydraulics. Plus being able to click off the buff to force the explosion sooner rather than latter? All the PT needs is 1gcd while its on top of you, no matter what class.

Can't pull or leap an entrenched sniper, and if you don't take the utilities, hydraulics isn't very fast. Plus, you can't assume that the people you're facing are brain dead. Maybe if you're playing voidstar and in a clump of 6 people you can do massive, broken amounts of damage, but in ranked, if you're chasing a decent sorc around, you're not going to kill them in 1 gcd. And again, their whole team is going to be tunneling you, so it's not like chasing is even really an option.

Like I said, I'll believe it when I see it. If there are all sorts of pyro pts getting high ratings early in the season, I'll happily eat my words here.

Like I said, I'll believe it when I see it. If there are all sorts of pyro pts getting high ratings early in the season, I'll happily eat my words here.

Bruh. It is a 100k hit. How are you that oblivious?

Edited by septru

Not to presume to speak for Alex, but I don't think he is questioning the factual existence of a 100k hit, but rather how useful it will make PTs in ranked. I suspect it will make them ever more focused than before, if such a thing is possible, as you can not allow someone with that much POWAH to run amok.

Even 100k single target is high but 100k aoe is ridicilous but sadly BW dev team is not gonna make any change that makes sense either they will make it useless or not even gonna try to make it reasonable and most probably it will be second. Edited by omeru

So are you going on the record predicting that pyro pts are going to dominate solo ranked and get high ratings? Because that's the real question, not whether they can get 100k hits.

Not to presume to speak for Alex, but I don't think he is questioning the factual existence of a 100k hit, but rather how useful it will make PTs in ranked. I suspect it will make them ever more focused than before, if such a thing is possible, as you can not allow someone with that much POWAH to run amok.

Correct. I'm questioning how many of these ~100k hits will land before the pt dies. I have no doubt that if you let a pyro pt freecast on melee, they will do huge numbers, but that's almost never going to happen. It just doesn't scare me.

Unfortunately, this debate is kind of pointless until season 12 starts. We need to see if pyro pts can actually get to high ratings, which was virtually impossible the past two seasons. Isolated screenshots or videos of them doing big damage doesn't prove much except potential in perfect circumstances.

Edited by JediMasterAlex