January Livestream Plans

EricMusco

• Dev Post

Hey folks!

First off, Happy 2017 everyone. I wanted to make a quick post with our stream schedule for the month of January.

• Tomorrow, January 5th (same time as usual at 2PM Pacific) - A quick hello from the stream dream team. We will review the 5-year anniversary, talk about what is coming in the 1/24 Update(GU 5.1) and answer any questions!
  • Thursday, January 26th - We will talk about what is on the horizon after Game Update 5.1 on 1/24.

With that said, I will see all of you tomorrow for our first stream of 2017!

-eric

Edited by EricMusco

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PLEASE make CXP alt friendly;

And by that I mean that I can do something (an op, a warzone) on toon B/C/etc and have them count toward toon A.

I'm sick of not playing my other characters.

Many people I used to play with I don't see anymore because they main pubs, I main an imp...

Finding people to fill Ops (or even WZ premade) spots is harder than ever, with people we *know* can heal/tank refusing to since they need CXP on their main.

CXP made the game feel like a job now; and I already have one of those. I don't need a second one that I have to pay for.

Edited by Elssha

The one and only real question is, are you going to go back to end game gearing for end game players to match prior versions of the game or are you sticking with Galactic Command for end game gearing? The answer to that determines whether I am willing to pay BW more money or I continue to spend my money with a different publisher.

I am with you are we gonna keep this grind and pray system and hope you don't get the same gear 5 times in a row or are we gonna return to you get what you work for? Quit being lazy...develop new content...not delay and pay tactics. Gotta go, searching for new game to play:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I am with you are we gonna keep this grind and pray system and hope you don't get the same gear 5 times in a row or are we gonna return to you get what you work for? Quit being lazy...develop new content...not delay and pay tactics. Gotta go, searching for new game to play:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Leveling in ESO is entertaining. WoW has odd cartoonish graphics, but looks interesting, too.

Leveling in ESO is entertaining. WoW has odd cartoonish graphics, but looks interesting, too.

In ESO their version of Galactic Command is totally alt friendly and legacy based. You level up to level 50 normally. Then once you are level 50 you instantly jump to the highest Champion level that you have in your legacy. Whichever level 50 character you play contributes to increasing your overall legacy Champion level.

Having to make 8 new alts for DvL and now having to only ever play one character now is stupid and against the whole spirit of the game. This is a super easy fix, they are being stubborn and refusing to admit the obvious.

In ESO their version of Galactic Command is totally alt friendly and legacy based. You level up to level 50 normally. Then once you are level 50 you instantly jump to the highest Champion level that you have in your legacy. Whichever level 50 character you play contributes to increasing your overall legacy Champion level.

Having to make 8 new alts for DvL and now having to only ever play one character now is stupid and against the whole spirit of the game. This is a super easy fix, they are being stubborn and refusing to admit the obvious.

This has been by far my biggest criticism too.

And don't forget, in the UK and Europe, we actually had both systems live on the same day.

Morning before the patch - create more alts to complete dark v light event!

Afternoon after patch - play one toon forever else you lose out on cxp!

How ANYONE in management thought this was sensible is beyond me. The fact no one, at all, in bioware noticed that this may cause a problem with players suggests they have real problems with understanding the basics of their own audience.

They really need to rollback this mess and pretend it never happened.

Instead they are going to run around slapping bits and cramming pipes into this abomination until we end up with a more convoluted and confusing system than what CXP was suppose to fix ... not that any of it was broken to begin with!

All in the name of the continued hunt for the never ending stream of new and casual players just over that next horizon. If we can just throw a few more veteran players into the boiler they should just have enough steam to get over that hill.

This has been by far my biggest criticism too.

And don't forget, in the UK and Europe, we actually had both systems live on the same day.

Morning before the patch - create more alts to complete dark v light event!

Afternoon after patch - play one toon forever else you lose out on cxp!

How ANYONE in management thought this was sensible is beyond me. The fact no one, at all, in bioware noticed that this may cause a problem with players suggests they have real problems with understanding the basics of their own audience.

Indeed, this was the critic from many players. I mean its not that you "had" to level 8 toons, but people did find it fun to do. Then there are the many players having 20+ 30+ toons, so for them this system is really crazy. Regardless of how many toons you have there are 8 classes with several specs so in theory you need around 10 sets of gear to cover all classes and disciplines and this doesnt take into account the left side which you actually need to grind the ranks to get on each toon! With gear its easier as you can use legacy gear for imp/rep side or same toons.

Interesting, didn't expect a stream this soon. The last stream was a positive surprise to me, so hopefully you can go into more details now how the 5.1 changes will work, e.g. give some concrete values on how many tokens are required to purchase something, or how high the drop % for bosses are, and which loot drops where.

Also, it would be great to hear your opinion on the state of Uprisings, since that has become the most popular way to farm CXP. Does it give too much CXP or are you happy that the new content is run so often?

Finally, I'm very worried by Ben's statement during his last interview, that you are looking at 5.0 data to determine what content to develop next. People are not running Uprisings because they like them but because they give so much CXP. Same goes for PvP/GSF, those are popular because they give a lot of CXP. Flashpoints and operations are not being run so much because of the low CXP, not because no one likes them.

So please don't tell us "Uprisings are very popular, so we are going to develop more of them."

Edited by Jerba

Interesting, didn't expect a stream this soon. The last stream was a positive surprise to me, so hopefully you can go into more details now how the 5.1 changes will work, e.g. give some concrete values on how many tokens are required to purchase something, or how high the drop % for bosses are, and which loot drops where.

Also, it would be great to hear your opinion on the state of Uprisings, since that has become the most popular way to farm CXP. Does it give too much CXP or are you happy that the new content is run so often?

Finally, I'm very worried by Ben's statement during his last interview, that you are looking at 5.0 data to determine what content to develop next. People are not running Uprisings because they like them but because they give so much CXP. Same goes for PvP/GSF, those are popular because they give a lot of CXP. Flashpoints and operations are not being run so much because of the low CXP, not because no one likes them.

So please don't tell us "Uprisings are very popular, so we are going to develop more of them."

i really liked your questions - hope they will be adressed.

i would really like for them to increase the amount of cxp we earn from doing pve activities, since this grinding is so un alt friendly - makle ops reward more cxp please.

i also hope they dont review their data regaurding uprisings, and speccially, fractured. its crazy if they think uprisings are a success - people run them, becuase its prolly one of the fastest ways to earn cxp.

and finally i rerally hope they adress the new 8m content they have spoekn off, altho my hopes are diminished, since they will most likely adress 5.1 patch, and only on 26th, and interesting Musco already posted a future stream, will be the one they will speak of 5.1 and beyond.

really hope they will bring new operations - with real mechanics, cause its one of the most positive aspects this game really had - its a shame the complete abandon from BWA reguarding this.

Yes, please address.

i really liked your questions - hope they will be adressed.

i would really like for them to increase the amount of cxp we earn from doing pve activities, since this grinding is so un alt friendly - makle ops reward more cxp please..

It actually was setup right with the elite mobs and all at the start, yet it also enabled farming. Now it sucks when u kill very diffucult mobs and just get 2 cxp :(

On the off chance this thread will be looked at prior to the stream:

After 2 years of doing nothing to encourage operations or group content to now make it the most rewarding is counter productive. By your design you have encouraged solo play, so this is what the majority of the people playing enjoy. Unless you really hate yourself and want to play a game you don't enjoy raiders will have moved on to games that offer the type of content and experience they enjoy. So tying any advancement to group content will at this point alienate most of the playerbase you have been courting while appeal to only a small number of hard core players left. I appreciate with the CXP rewards metrics will suggest certain types of activity are more popular but as has been mentioned this is because of the reward not out of any enjoyment in the game. If you do take metrics into consideration it should also be taken into consideration that a vast number of people couldn't get passed the first boss in KP.

I suspect that the stream will also include a recap on how great the story was. While in comparison to Kotfe it was a vast improvement, it was still filled with so many plot holes and an over reliance on Valkorian Sue. Who claimed again and again to be the Sith Emperor but never once explained how that made any sense, what was Revan doing on Yavin 4 when the guy had a body and wasn't even dead or semi dead, and what the hell was all that about him not being able to take a physical form when he had a physical form all along. And that is just one very quick inconsistency the actual story was filled with them, least of all that love interests couldn't be bothered to come looking for the protagonist but Lana, TK and Koth managed to find them.

Speaking of Love interests and companions, it appears they will not be returning. You may have the eternal fleet, the eternal alliance, 40 or so companions and Zakuul to aid you in your search but it seems no plans to bring them back. Why was the excuse given they had to fit the story and yet it seems that even if it makes no sense that they wouldn't return they wont be coming back.

While any fixes to the current system are at best 20 days away, at worst non existent. Are you aware that completing nightmare content for a chance to get a piece of loot and then grind tokens is not working towards anything. It is returning the old system of getting loot, making their less chance for a drop and then adding a token grind. Which is only available to people that play NIM operations, It is not taking the current system and offering a chance to work towards a piece of loot, its NIM to get some loot or nothing.

Equally there is no way the current system can be made alt friendly as long as it is tied to gear progression. Alts will only be geared once a main character has a piece of gear, so even if a team needs you to bring your alt healer along he will be under geared and its not like in the old days where a quick even run of a few ops and you can get an alt geared up with passable gear.

Don't get me wrong the game needs an advanced progression system. There is no way the team can produce new story quickly enough, while the worlds are static and lifeless. Ignoring the lack of day or night cycles or how all items cast a shadow regardless of any enviromental factors to remind us all we are in a lifeless world, any NPCs are static and in many cases 5 years out of date (thats because the galaxy has moved on 5 years with Kofet) so it doesn't stand up as an open living breathing persistent world. So you need to give people a grind to keep them playing. However the grind must be linked to character progression in a fixed manner. Offering gear will quickly be seen as pointless as any advancement in level will bring a new tier of gear and make those 300 ranks worthless. Perhaps more stupidly it ties any future advancement in gear behind those 300 ranks or requires the system to be scrapped. Should tier 4 gear drop from 300+ command rank level boxes while 248 can be purchased from the GTN anyone who hasn't done the grind will see it even more pointless as they have this massive grind to get stuff that's better than basic crafted gear.