What is a "premade" Starfighter?

bigbobsr

Even 4 noobs who don't know how to fly can form a pre-made, just not a successful one.

Umm... Is that not what I kinda just said???

No, I think you said something more like:

Everyone is clearly correct with the definition of "premade" being a group of people who group together to enter a queue, but in my mind, that is just called "a group".

And you also said:

"To me people like you are just "groupies".

What I wrote is more of the opposite of your sentiments. ANY pre-made group is a premade.

It is short hand for the term pre-made group. There are such things as players who don't like being raged at for sucking so they only play in premades with guild mates where they don't mind losing every match.

And the reason I said "look at my sig" is a certain few people keep telling me I am making things up, am a bad player, am angry at getting beaten so im QQing on a forum etc.

When the TRUTH is, none of that is true.

Then don't be threatened, state your opinions without call-outs or more-authoritative-than-thou plays. And don't get into all-or-nothing thinking. How long you've been on a forum, how many hours you've flied, how much studying you've done, how much you've learned... all of those are totally separate variables. A new pilot could be the best pilot ever without knowing how to upgrade his ship because he master'd the strafe-keybindings and nobody on the server can get a hit on him. Someone here since October of 2008 continuously subscribed with a TOR-T-Shirt on 24/7 and wearing the razer-naga headphones from launch.... might be only doing his daily occasionally and not know crap about flying game-mechanics yet.

When you sarcastically act like buying the game at launch makes you better at newly added of the games, it makes you sound like that latter example.

Edited by Suzina

No, I think you said something more like:

And you also said:

What I wrote is more of the opposite of your sentiments. ANY pre-made group is a premade.

It is short hand for the term pre-made group. There are such things as players who don't like being raged at for sucking so they only play in premades with guild mates where they don't mind losing every match.

Then don't be threatened, state your opinions without call-outs or more-authoritative-than-thou plays. And don't get into all-or-nothing thinking. How long you've been on a forum, how many hours you've flied, how much studying you've done, how much you've learned... all of those are totally separate variables. A new pilot could be the best pilot ever without knowing how to upgrade his ship because he master'd the strafe-keybindings and nobody on the server can get a hit on him. Someone here since October of 2008 continuously subscribed with a TOR-T-Shirt on 24/7 and wearing the razer-naga headphones from launch.... might be only doing his daily occasionally and not know crap about flying game-mechanics yet.

When you sarcastically act like buying the game at launch makes you better at newly added of the games, it makes you sound like that latter example.

I stated that the posters were correct in that a "premade" is a premade group, then I went on to say that some premades should just be called "groups" as that is all they are a group of players, not to be feared.

Then I explained why, the real reason people ragequit in a game, so OP would know that most of the time "premades" = nothing to fear, but sometimes you run into the "tier 2 premade" who is still only referred to as a premade and that is a whole different can of worms.

About the founder thing, I was more directing your attention to the "Imperial Diehard" and "Republic Diehard" titles of mine.

To unlock the diehard title for each faction you must level one character to level 55 of each class.

That means from a glance at my sig, you should know that I have invested the time in this game to level a minimum of 8 characters to level 55, and I think that level of experience counts for something when I say that I know something to be true.

Anyhow, I appreciate your opinions about me, but I like the "let this die and get back to the OP" suggestion.

Premade is when a group of like minded players get together and team up to play. Often times they will choose to use Voip(team speak,Mumble etc) to help communicate faster. They often times good cause you know the guys your with you know there ablites and they know you. Also lets you have voice to bounce ideals off for example (Like what rail gun should i use? What engine parts are best.) Nothings wrong with premades really I just tend to think there should be a ranked que for them. But with GSF's popularity about some where between ehh and meh i dont know if that will happen.

Pug is basically random group. You logging and hitting que and who ever joins your group joins. Now this can be REALLY good or NIGHTMARISHly bad. I been in pugs were we rolled team 1000 to 1 i been in pugs were we rolled 1 to 1000. So its real crap shoot on the lvl of player you getting.

Hi all

WOW! what a spirited discussion. For the record I always play solo except for the rare time or two I have briefly joined a group to help out a stranger. I keep the auto decline group on. In my gaming life I live by these rules:

1. It is only a game and nothing else.

2. Play what you like.

3. Like what you play.

4. See rule 1.

Yes sometimes I die a lot (really a lot). I play for the fun of the game experience. I'm happy just to be able to use light sabers, laser weapons, use the force and fly a space ship and such. Whether I win or lose is not important to me, just the game play.

Thanks all.