Being kicked from Ranked Solo AFK feature?

postingonforums

The players coming into ranked unprepared ruin the game for 7 other subbed players. This is a silly troll that is played out. Everything prum is describing here is justified. Players who are ludicrously unprepared for ranked need to be removed from matches in some way. Right now the only tool bioware provides is vote kick.

Never heard the winning team complaining about the other team having a bad player :D.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the kick is abused by the players who do not want players who come to do the quests conquered to install by bioware, I find it scandalous that the ranked players decide to kick the players who come to do the ranked solo quest, they do not want to lose their side and play with their small elitist community. bw set up the two conquered quests to expand and bring in the world in ranked but the ranked players supposedly behaves like little tyrants by insulting the new ones or preventing them from making their two weekly news. I will be the devs I will monitor what happens in ranked and the reasons for the kicks because it is often to arrange the matches and the odds of the players and not to bring in new players

Vote kick must stay. There are too many trolls and total noobs who do nearly zero to win but still continue to queue solo ranked. Having a guy who dies in 3 seconds without even trying and who still continues to queue and does the same is intolerable.

Thats why i will always push devs to bringing all mats/gear boxes rewards to team ranked so all these noobish farmers, newbies could learn ranked and get their mats in team ranked where their loses aren't causing any problems for those who actually tryhards. Remove mats/boxes from solo ranked, bring them all to team ranked and pvp will become much healthier. Otherwise we will continue to see team ranked being a dead field for wintraders and noobs/farmers ruining solo ranked.

Yo Prum, you paying for his subscription?

This is why the Karen meme exists.

"We're paying customers, and we're entitled to ruin your game! We can do whatever we want, because we PAY a subscription!"

I think it was back in 2.0 or 3.0., where people would farm warzone comms to DE implants for high grade mats. These people wouldn't even buy the expertise gear, and every game with them was a loss, because losing as quickly as possible was their goal, since it was easier and more profitable. Repeatedly vote kicking and verbal shaming was the only way to get rid of them.

Do whatever you want within TOS for solo activities, but if you're getting into group activities, that means accepting some measure of responsibility to not ruin it for other players. The player here wasn't kicked for being bad, they were kicked for verbally refusing to be a responsible player.

This is why the Karen meme exists.

"We're paying customers, and we're entitled to ruin your game! We can do whatever we want, because we PAY a subscription!"

Yeah I hate those kind of players.

I think it was back in 2.0 or 3.0., where people would farm warzone comms to DE implants for high grade mats. These people wouldn't even buy the expertise gear, and every game with them was a loss, because losing as quickly as possible was their goal, since it was easier and more profitable. Repeatedly vote kicking and verbal shaming was the only way to get rid of them..

Yeah, I hate players with this mentality even more. This quote really deserves to be its own sig.

Edited by Ardrossan

just send in a report ingame about this "abuse" of vote kick, if bioware does something you were in the right, it was a abuse, if not, you were indeed wrong

if u pissed off your team so much they kick you there isn't much to do apart from that

Edited by RikuvonDrake

If you were the jugg tank that left guard on healer the entire game, didn't have a set bonus or tactical, and when literally asked in ops chat "Tank can you please guard swap" responded "No"....

Ya I reported you too for trolling and throwing. Thanks.

nice Prume..you cried to Biofail to delete my post on how i call you out..for being a hypocrite ..we all know how you don't like the truth being told..so you can have your little safe space to yourself..

bad deal on you Biofail..unless i'm threatening or using racial slurs..you have no right to take down my post..no matter how i call out the person..1st admendment is real and last time i checked as American citizen is guaranteed under law..

nice Prume..you cried to Biofail to delete my post on how i call you out..for being a hypocrite ..we all know how you don't like the truth being told..so you can have your little safe space to yourself..

bad deal on you Biofail..unless i'm threatening or using racial slurs..you have no right to take down my post..no matter how i call out the person..1st admendment is real and last time i checked as American citizen is guaranteed under law..

Unfortunately, 1st amendment doesn't apply to privately owned platforms such a youtube, facebook and other message board forums. I understand your grief but there is no case here. BW can delete whatever they want, when they want. The fact that they offer a terms of service as an attempt to be fair with us, regardless of how we side with it, is just a courtesy to us members.

Unfortunately, 1st amendment doesn't apply to privately owned platforms such a youtube, facebook and other message board forums. I understand your grief but there is no case here. BW can delete whatever they want, when they want. The fact that they offer a terms of service as an attempt to be fair with us, regardless of how we side with it, is just a courtesy to us members.

guess the truth hurts..this is the source of the cancer..biofail is at fault for much of this stupidity..protect the ones at fault..sigh..well this playing out across the country..so oh well..

guess the truth hurts..this is the source of the cancer..biofail is at fault for much of this stupidity..protect the ones at fault..sigh..well this playing out across the country..so oh well..

biocrap hasn't had a good game in years, all their recent games have failed. even this failed lol

What I would like to ask is what is the function there for anyway? What is the real reason it exists? Can someone give me an example why this function is there and when it should be used?

I am not sure, but I do not see a reasonable point why the team should kick one of the members. Even if the person was trolling or what ever, they would have to kick him very very early on so that they a replacment (talking about ranked), since if you kick him in round one or two its already too late.

The way I see it, is that this function is only for unranked 8v8 where it makes sence and they enabled it for solo ranked where it has no real purpose.

I went to play my first ever solo ranked game yesterday. I was 306 augmented with a pvp specific tactical but I only had a regular set which gave 2% alacrity. I was kind of excited to try it out and wondering how I'd do.

As soon as I arrived all 3 other, clearly experienced players started discussing me like I was dog dirt, and made it plain they would kick me. It really was how dare you play this.

And sure enough the second I died they initiated vote kick and of course I could do nothing about it as I was dead so couldn't initiate combat.

I'm no stranger to MMOs or SWTOR - played since launch - so expect a range of people and attitudes just like in RL.

But I have to say there was something truly shocking about the complete scorn and contempt here. Yes I understand wanting to gain and maintain rankings but dam I was willing to try to the best of my abilities and if that particular set bonus was a deal breaker and held me back I would have been the first to acquire it.

So yeah - vote kick needs an urgent fix and I agree with OP.

I can only think that these guys have nothing going for them in RL so after the initial shock, frankly I pity them.

I went to play my first ever solo ranked game yesterday. I was 306 augmented with a pvp specific tactical but I only had a regular set which gave 2% alacrity. I was kind of excited to try it out and wondering how I'd do.

As soon as I arrived all 3 other, clearly experienced players started discussing me like I was dog dirt, and made it plain they would kick me. It really was how dare you play this.

And sure enough the second I died they initiated vote kick and of course I could do nothing about it as I was dead so couldn't initiate combat.

I'm no stranger to MMOs or SWTOR - played since launch - so expect a range of people and attitudes just like in RL.

But I have to say there was something truly shocking about the complete scorn and contempt here. Yes I understand wanting to gain and maintain rankings but dam I was willing to try to the best of my abilities and if that particular set bonus was a deal breaker and held me back I would have been the first to acquire it.

I can only think that these guys have nothing going for them in RL so after the initial shock, frankly I pity them.

I’m sorry that happened to you. There are some real arseholes in this game that keep abusing this feature. They don’t care and are bullies.

I don’t know what to say except report them if you can be bothered. If you’re like me, you’ll just forget about bothering with ranked because it’s a cliche and if you’re not with the in crowd, they treat you like ****.

You should wait until you're fully geared with a full set and are comfortable with the set bonuses and how to make full use of them.

I’m sorry that happened to you. There are some real arseholes in this game that keep abusing this feature. They don’t care and are bullies.

I don’t know what to say except report them if you can be bothered. If you’re like me, you’ll just forget about bothering with ranked because it’s a cliche and if you’re not with the in crowd, they treat you like ****.

Thanks for that. Yeah I didn't report them and will probs avoid ranked now, at least until they fix that feature.

Thanks for that. Yeah I didn't report them and will probs avoid ranked now, at least until they fix that feature.

dont worry there is a lot of *******s with egos in ranked. bunch of good for nothing who mistake themselves as good players.

only time this behavior is remotely okay is if players with less than 304 rating gear play ranked, but you were clearly geared

i played enough lol to deal with toxic ***** like these and how to handle them.

If you did not have a BiS set bonus you should not be in ranked queue. You could have queued for the entire preseason when rating didn't matter. Instead you chose to ruin the game for 7 other players.

It seems harsh, but it's really the truth. Kicking you was justified for what amounts to trolling.

there is an abuse of the ranked kicker with new players, or those who do the quests for the points for their guilds, or simply the weekly. players who are installed in rnaked do not like to see new players arrive who lower their elo rating, since wins are rare, a kick vote in round 2 and rig the match, and arrange to have a stable elo bw would have to change the kicker system (mandatory justification not a simple vote and that it be looked at every month or week) For information, I got into the habit of postponing you kick them every match, and I told my friends to do the same because the abusive ranked kicks are fine for a while friends if we can't play and do our quest bw must take responsibility so we report all abusive kicks to them. I think that some players will reflect after being mentioned in several tickets Edited by darkzannah

Hello @chrisforester (english is not my mother tongue please excuse my mistakes)

When i read your history on this post i was like waaiiiiit a minute that's me.

The exact same thing happened to me 2 days ago but contrary to you i did not give up and continue to queue ranked.

I wanted to play swotor again with the steam launch and thought it was a good idea. My character is 1 1/2 week old

I have the 6 pieces set of my class and a BIS tactical object. However i do not have the "aug" because they are quite expensive like 2 to 3 millions each at the GN and i need 14 of them if i have understand correctly. i only have 10 millions. So a little bit short ;)

I grind my stuff in unranked and dungeons after my 6th piece of set it was time to queue. Time to play real games.

My first ranked game was exiting i am a pvp player, ranked was kind of my goal for this try of swotor.

The reallity was very different.

Like a lot of you i lost my first game but nothing happened just a lose and evrybody left at the end peacfully.

It became very very very toxic just after the 2 game. In our team no one was performing very well but because of my stuff i am the one to blame. (thats ok i can understand). However i was expecting that the toxicity will stay in the game, I was not expected to be insulted in pm.

The more i was doing ranked the more toxicity i encounter. Being spam insult pm in a game is a first for me . I could understand a little bit of that if i was losing all my game but i have around 40% winrate. it is not that great but i am not the worst player of the game but i know i have to improve.

Those bully are so toxic that they do not even try to win everytime they just give up before the game even started. When i tag i want to win everytime. Sometime people justified the bully saying they play for the win. If you give up before the game ever started that is not a winner mentality. They just kick you during the first round. Other new and returning player i meet during dungeons tells me that they even ask the other team to not kill them to allow them to kick you. it seems everyone is ok with the vote kick.

What surprised me the most was their answers when i asked how to improve what i was doing wrong. They just insult me more.....

I read a lot on the forum Bioware killed the ranked pvp. From my experience i dont think so, the community killed it. Because i am sure the 4vs4 can be fun but with the people in it it is a big no you dont want to play with thoses.

FOR NEW PLAYERS : if you are subscribing to swotor to PVP i can not recommend to do it. However this week playing swotor was not all bad. Master dungeons are cool and raids are very nice. But be aware if you use the group finder for dungeons and raids that big guilds will not hesitates to kick you if you do mistakes.

Swotor seems sadly to not be a friendly game for new or returning players.

Best regards,

Ely

I agree with you Elypsidre but it is necessary to persist if we like the ranked and not be intimidated by young pimply young (cartman of the kennies) me I continue to go in ranked in zl master ops, the little idiots who are behind their computers and insulting people that makes me laugh, but it's the serial ban kick that I don't like I would like bw to ban them for a season to prove to them what it feels like to be deprived of ranked or at least a week of ranked

I was just kicked while laying dead and yes I could have played better, but so could everyone else. I also know who did it, so now I will be throwing every time I get in a match with them. Round and round we go...

That is the main method used. At start you have no idea that those 3 other players are on discord or any other voice chat and agree to let you rush in and die, then kick you while you cannot take action as you are dead.