When do Commando actually become a DPS class?

Dabrixmgp

my pre crit gav round hits 2.5-3k when it crits its 5-6k. demo round crits for 7k Hib crits 6.7k plus sticky crits 4.5k add full auto per tick crits 3.8k. juggs usally have their highest crits on smash which is on the same cd as demo round and Hib. commnados are strong on single target with range while jugg are good at melee range with tight groups of people. your comparing totally different gearing together as one, thoose videos don't show that those juggs/ guardian are maxing out their gear while im willing to bet those commandos arn't if they crit on gav round for only 3k.

What the hell?

It certainly isnt 50. Been watching PvP videos to decide whether to go Commando or Vanguard. Also for lolz watched a Jugg/Guardian video. They are hitting for 6-7k crits on an attack thats instant. Snipers/GS also seem to get some sick crits as well. Then every Commando video I watch Grav round hardly tickles anyone. Most crits are around 2500 with the rare 3K and has a cast time. So if not at level 50 when do they become an actual DPS class?

Well I usually just shoot off a couple grav rounds rather than 3 to save on ammo and time. I usually pop off FA and that hits for about 3500 each hit. Then followed by HiB which hits for around 4k and DR which hits between 4.5k and 5k. I can get some nasty numbers out there being a commando. I get bigger numbers with gunnery than I do with Assault.

• 1 month later...
I cannot equal a good vanguard DPS in gunny or assault in PVP or PVE. I have been waiting for an adjustment since the first nerfbat. As it stands I am stuck. I have reached as far as I can reach. Time to reroll. Maybe 2.0 will change the landscape, but I do not see it happening. As it is all the commando talk is about assault...not heals and not gunny.,

They just announced gunnery changes. Also how haven't you already rerolled by now?

Lol this is just as depressing as the mercenary forum. I am saving my last level 50 for commando but judging by how old some of these threads are, I might not ever make one...

Edited by MarkXXIV

Well, actually there are some tricks you can use against melees to survive and deal damage BUT forget about winning 1 on 1 (if we're talking about decent foes).

In 2.0 we'll get some sweet skills which i believe make our life a bit easier. Hold the line with 30% speed buff for 10 secs, electro-net, 2 charges in Tech-override that allow to make 2 gravs instant or heal 2 times, Kolto bomb etc. It doesn't mean we'll be welcome in RWZ teams but still it's better than nothing. I was sure BW would give NOTHING to us in 2.0 but i was wrong. Even now playing with my good friends with really good healer among them i feel pretty solid on WZs. Usually i'm number 3 in the list of top dps right after my 2 jedi knight smash-friends. :)

If you plan to play serious pvp on RWZ - vanguard is your choise for sure. As for me i'm just in love with this poor designed class and not gonna leave it having gunslinger, vanguard and other alts in my arsenal.