Bioware, so we're sticking with the new pvp ranked map or no?

DiavoIa

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've had no issues on any char, healer, ranged or melee dps. o.O If you're knocked away, you're easily pulled up since there is nothing in the way of los once you're at the bottom. A healer who pays attention should pull you up instantly. And it's not tricky to get back up if you can jump, phase walk or even just run. In the other arenas, if you're knocked off, there's a bunch of los in different places,so you can either get killed on your way, or your entire team is scattered down and up or dead by the time you get back. In this arena it's pretty clear you're supposed to stay away from the edges and watch yourself, pay more attention to white bars etc. It requires a faster pace and I really like that this arena is different from the others and not just a reskin. (although it reminds me of the arena in dalaran sewers :p)

That said, sniper knock back is too powerful. imo, in any situation.

yeah it sucks when you have to actually try and be strategic

Funny that, so is it strategy when a sniper can sit on the edge with entrench and be untouchable for melee? The map is aweful

Edited by DiavoIa

Funny that, so is it strategy when a sniper can sit on the edge with entrench and be untouchable for melee? The map is aweful

This is true, when you get a 4 mdps team where the composition is like 1 operative, 2 sentinels and 1 sin you have little chances against a team of 2 mercs 1 sniper and maybe 1 operative. This also goes with the thread that was strated on people saying that the matchmaking is kind of putting melee vs ranged sometimes.

If someone can't figure out how to LOS a sniper then it's a L2P issue.

It does have its drawbacks, I do not think the map is bad, yet the advantage of "knockback" classes is pretty obvious, mainly classes with extra knockback like sniper/slinger are in advantage.

Come on, the map is aweful, please change it, get rid of the room below and just remove the elevation, if you're not directly in the middle of the map, a push can easily knock you down, and unlike other maps, that's gg.

Depending on your role and if your team don't follow you, yes.

Funny thing happened yesterday, on several matches against the usual facerolling mercs in q, I got knockbacked while being focused on my sin, and was able to heal to full, out of combat down there several times. They just swapped instead of chase and cause of that they've lost.

This is true, when you get a 4 mdps team where the composition is like 1 operative, 2 sentinels and 1 sin you have little chances against a team of 2 mercs 1 sniper and maybe 1 operative. This also goes with the thread that was strated on people saying that the matchmaking is kind of putting melee vs ranged sometimes.

I had a reg arena match with 4 snipers (think it was a premade) vs our jugg/op/sorc/healy sorc. It was the actual worst lmao. The first round I didn't realize the butt smashing it was going to be, went in with the healer on me and after my reflect went down I got burst through my enraged defense in about 5 seconds.

Can't play them on top because you can't push them and they can boop you constantly, can't play them below because you have no LoS and if you go into the tunnel it's a shooting gallery with them camping outside the entrance.

That comp would have been annoying on any map, but this new one really enabled it to be horrible.

I had a reg arena match with 4 snipers (think it was a premade) vs our jugg/op/sorc/healy sorc. It was the actual worst lmao. The first round I didn't realize the butt smashing it was going to be, went in with the healer on me and after my reflect went down I got burst through my enraged defense in about 5 seconds.

Can't play them on top because you can't push them and they can boop you constantly, can't play them below because you have no LoS and if you go into the tunnel it's a shooting gallery with them camping outside the entrance.

That comp would have been annoying on any map, but this new one really enabled it to be horrible.

What about underneath? There is plenty of LoS under there. Just go in and wait for them to come to you. You had 2 Sorcs, one was a healer. You would have won even if they didn’t come under because you could heal through the acid.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

If someone can't figure out how to LOS a sniper then it's a L2P issue.

I'm a tank, so actually it's more to do with me having to save my melee and getting knocked off in the process, or pushed by the other tank. Oh and by the way, defeats the point on being able to go on the sniper, my point stands and is valid.

Edited by DiavoIa

I'm a tank, so actually it's more to do with me having to save my melee and getting knocked off in the process, or pushed by the other tank. Oh and by the way, defeats the point on being able to go on the sniper, my point stands and is valid.

So does mine.

spots where you can get easily baited into knockbacks are more tolerable when you 1) might actually be able to leap, intercede, or quickly get pulled back up and/or 2) the baiters are forced to clump up really hard to sit in these spots, leaving them susceptible to all the things that come with clumping up

think orbital station catwalks

the high ground on this new map is so large and so high up that neither of these applies

also the middle room on the bottom is irredeemable - obnoxiously small for the scale of this game and its camera, and the two pillars just make following what is going on in there even more awful

They need to get rid of the middle area and lower the map reasonable level.

You are welcome to your opinion of course. But a lot of us like it how it is. So unless you can convince Bioware to use more resources to change something that not everyone hates, I guess you’ll just have to learn to play the map better or leave each time it pops.

Plus there’s a song that goes great with this map: “I got knocked down... but I got back up again” or something similar.

Hah. I heard a song that explains ranked in a nutshell: "I tried so hard, and got so far... but in the end, it doesn't even matter"

What about underneath? There is plenty of LoS under there. Just go in and wait for them to come to you. You had 2 Sorcs, one was a healer. You would have won even if they didn’t come under because you could heal through the acid.

We tried that on the second round. They rushed in near the end and evaporated the healer with focus fire. Quite the sight to see 4 entrenched snipers with ballistic shield out hammering away. Wish the healer would have god bubbled, but I think the sudden dive freaked him out and he panicked lmao.

Edited by RiChess