Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

New social gears : Dead on Arrival?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
New social gears : Dead on Arrival?

face_hindu
03.18.2012 , 04:52 AM | #91
Quote: Originally Posted by Astridd View Post
It's about providing various path to the gears : it could be crit-craft, could be dungeons, warzones, social ranks, etc. I don't see crafting exclusive slots fulfill that goal. Why even have other designs when you know they're doomed to be inferior and unused.

And about the price tag - you missed the other side. It says : "Social Rank Required"
You can take any path you like to make enough creds to buy the best gear if you don't choose to craft it yourself. However, running normal Ess or BT with 3 guildies for 2 straight days is not a path that leads to the best gear, thank Lucas.
On March 20th, 2006, Moniker said:
We make sword stone for keeper and pull they do it and excalibur come out. have no make stone to for sword we make sword box for sword to put sword in for sword.

Anarchy Online Bulletin Board

Astridd
03.18.2012 , 05:04 AM | #92
Quote: Originally Posted by face_hindu View Post
You can take any path you like to make enough creds to buy the best gear if you don't choose to craft it yourself. However, running normal Ess or BT with 3 guildies for 2 straight days is not a path that leads to the best gear, thank Lucas.
Because sitting around GTN pushing crew button is oh so special and sacred?

Not to mention there are people who gain social ranks via slower methods.

face_hindu
03.18.2012 , 05:20 AM | #93
Because sitting around GTN pushing crew button is oh so special and sacred?
Yeah because spamming crew skills is free.

We had this discussion a month ago, Astridd. Leveling crew skills costs CREDITS. Lots of CREDITS. You know this. Why are you being so childish?
We make sword stone for keeper and pull they do it and excalibur come out. have no make stone to for sword we make sword box for sword to put sword in for sword.

Astridd
03.18.2012 , 05:49 AM | #94
Quote: Originally Posted by face_hindu View Post
Yeah because spamming crew skills is free.

We had this discussion a month ago, Astridd. Leveling crew skills costs CREDITS. Lots of CREDITS. You know this. Why are you being so childish?
Once again I don't need to label you childish to make my point, here it is:

CREDIT huh? You mean pile of those 10k rewards and stuff you get for opening 4 boxes or killing 6 pub npcs under a minute?

Social rank costs too, whether you want to admit or not. Time, effort, group members, or whatever incorporeal resources I can't convert to credits.

I'm not asking best shell in the universe for nothing. IF players paid equivalent effort to get that shell, it deserve one more hole, as long as it's orange. Balancing it from there is up to the developers.

face_hindu
03.18.2012 , 06:04 AM | #95
Once again I don't need to label you childish to make my point, here it is:

CREDIT huh? You mean pile of those 10k rewards and stuff you get for opening 4 boxes or killing 6 pub npcs under a minute?

Social rank costs too, whether you want to admit or not. Time, effort, group members, or whatever incorporeal resources I can't convert to credits.

I'm not asking best shell in the universe for nothing. IF players paid equivalent effort to get that shell, it deserve one more hole, as long as it's orange. Balancing it from there is up to the developers.
Okay, Astridd. It's easier (less time commitment and effort) to get to 400 in a craft and 2 gathering skills (edit: and then crit craft orange gear) than it is to get Social VI.

Wow, you're so right.

EDIT2: And I didn't "label you childish". I was asking why you are being so chidish about this. Maybe I should have said petulant. Ok. I label you petulant.

Game-Hermit
03.18.2012 , 07:01 AM | #96
Quote: Originally Posted by Michaelphoenix View Post
So?

its vendor bought SOCIAL gear

not crafted.....not a drop...VENDOR BOUGHT
Orange gear is just a model/texture and has no bearing on performance. There's no reason for it not to have a way to add an augment slot to it, preferably with some item made by crafters.

Drewser
03.18.2012 , 07:32 AM | #97
Quote: Originally Posted by LogicalPremise View Post
Social gear is not , should not, and will not be for those people who "care about stats". It's social gear.
Nailed it!