Alt time!

Rugi

So the time has come to level up a new alt with those lovely EXP boosts from the Cartel Market. My main is a Immortal Juggy and currently I am torn between the Assassin and Sniper advanced classes for my next toon. Apples and oranges, I know. My delimma is that while the Agent story is amazing I prefer the gameplay of the Assassin, though the Inquisitor's storyline isn't as enthralling. Good, but I get pulled much deeper into the Agent's story when I play.

What is one to do? I have both in their 20's so I need to decide which one to stick with to 50. Yes I know I can level both, but I'd rather not try and raise 2 toons to 50 simultaneously. Too expensive. Playstyle wise I'm leveling as Darkness on the Assassin for the survivability and instant Flashpoints when I decide I need more orange gear. Will probably bounce between Darkness and Madness for PvP. The Sniper is...well....a Sniper. All he is is damage, albeit 3 flavors of damage. The cover mechanic neither annoys or pleases me, so it's not really a factor.

I know it's a personal question, but I'm just looking for general insight onto the matter to perhaps gain a different viewpoint.

So, story vs. gameplay. Which would you choose?

Well, depending on your personality and tolerances, the story may come 2nd to gameplay. Because story is something you get in waves during questing, while gameplay is always present 100%. Meaning if you hate the cover mechanic, chances are your love of the IA story won't be enough to keep you fumbling through the gameplay aspect.

I would just go Concealment Ops and not worry about being top lol-DPS, but you might be too worried about that to consider playing it.

My suggeston would be stick with Assassin, as that's the gameplay you enjoy. I'm actually building a Sin-tank right now and lvl 35 so far.