Marauder's in Pvp

clocknane

Every match I in I see the same classes on top Consular/sorcs, mercs/gs with an occasional op. I have pvp'd on all toons now and the Marauder's seem to lack in survival and damage output. Smash is really the only very hard hitting skill there is, with rav strike which most people just move out of due to it taking to long to fully execute. When you couple the damage output with very little survivability compared to the classes above, it makes pvp a joke in this game. The damage and mitigation for marau right now SUCKS. I cannot speak for bracket 55 as i am only a 33 but this is my opinion.

So, operatives have better survivability than a marauder? I know you said you're only level 33 but even then, you HAVE to be trolling. Marauder has better survivabiltiy than operative from level 10 with cloak of pain and saber ward, plus at 30 you get force camo and you'll get undying at 38. A serious L2P issue right here.

Every match I in I see the same classes on top Consular/sorcs, mercs/gs with an occasional op. I have pvp'd on all toons now and the Marauder's seem to lack in survival and damage output. Smash is really the only very hard hitting skill there is, with rav strike which most people just move out of due to it taking to long to fully execute. When you couple the damage output with very little survivability compared to the classes above, it makes pvp a joke in this game. The damage and mitigation for marau right now SUCKS. I cannot speak for bracket 55 as i am only a 33 but this is my opinion.

Get to 55....Leveling a marauder is a nightmare as they get nothing till 36+ but trust me, they are not that easy to kill at 55. They have some of the best DCD's in the game.

I cannot speak for bracket 55 as i am only a 33 but this is my opinion.

So why make this thread? You have no clue how mara/sent is endgame, why are you making a thread complaining? Maras/sents are VERY good endgame. They have the best defensives in the game at the moment, which might change with 2.7 and the coming changes to juggernauts/guardians. Even then they will have the second best defensives. A lot of classes would LOVE our defensives.

Edited by Devilk

tip for leveling a mara through pvp....dont...do FP's and class/planet quests till about 40...40 the other trees really open up and allow for most of the procs.

if your set on pvp...go with smash till then...you get alot of your dmg skills at around the lvl your at, and be the grey guy(the guy no one notices). or guard nodes.(yeah yeah...boring...but it needs to get done.)

and cycle...cycle your dcd's. mara is very tempting to pop all of them at once...but trust me...cycle them...especially undying..what works for me when cycling is to save undying for second to last...then medpack once its it goes on CD.

and switch everything up...always be unpredictable...ive beat plenty of people by doing stuff that makes me look like a tard, and they think they got an easy fight on their hands and boom, i take it up a hundred miles an hour when they are trying to find the gas pedal...(much easier task when you get force camo.)

also realize...your only in the 30's, going up against people ten or more lvls above you, the ability and skill gap still can be too high sometimes...mara is one of those late blooming classes thats well worth the wait for all the goodies. you got some utility, like roots and slows and your aoe meez...create a utility hell for the enemy.