Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Cybertech] Training for -29, -30, -31 item mods?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
[Cybertech] Training for -29, -30, -31 item mods?

WolfpackAW
09.26.2013 , 11:49 AM | #21
The reason I didn't mention the Artifact grade 66 gear is that it is NOT Level 55 required - it's level 53 required if I recall correctly.
Istari - 55 Sage Seer, Jedi Covenant
Durnik - 55 Vanguard Tank, Jedi Covenant
Somera - 55 Combat Sentinel, Jedi Covenant
Laralanthalasa - 55 Sharpshooter Gunslinger, Jedi Covenant

Oldfrt
09.26.2013 , 12:01 PM | #22
The reponse to Dragonart's suggestion is the same one we hear time and again.

A variiation of You Do Not Need it.

Dragonart -
I have been in raid guilds in past years so I know that the real reasons others do not want you to have better gear.

1. IF you can put together higher level gear with out running HM, FPs and OPs - then the efforts other people make in groups to get gear has less value.

2. People with higher level gear really enjoy comparing themselves to others and feeling superior.

Troll all you want - the above two items are the real reasons.

Yes - SWTOR could narrow the gap between the best gear and the gear you can make.
Yes - narrowing the gap might allow you to solo higher level content - that sounds like fun to me.
Yes - I am an Oldfrt also

DragonArt
09.26.2013 , 02:08 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by jayperringo View Post
you are talking a load of rubbish. Any level 55 player can get L66 purple mods without doing ANY group content whatsoever.

Level 69 can be bought with credits but why would you even need L69 gear if you are unwilling to run HM FPs and OPs. No dailies require level 69 gear...

Level 30 and 31 gear (69&72) is not essential in anyway if all you are going to do is run around doing dailies and never doing Ops bosses, HM FPs.

Sooooo.. whats your point? Tell me what solo content needs mods/armor past 66
I was not asking for 30 and 31. I know I don't need it.

Where can one buy level 69 stuff?

Most of you are missing my point anyway. But I am guessing you don't want people around that have disabilities that make them slower.. ie makes things tougher for them. That is why I do not have a guild and do not run group stuff.. I do not want to be a hinderance. I just want to be able to solo normal stuff (limitations considered). I am not alone in this wish. There are more and more seniors entering the gaming world.. I am just asking the devs to keep in mind that not everyone is young and healthy with quick reflexes and vision etc. End game is not the be all to everyone.
I know they have to make most things challenging for the young.. keeps them interested. I wouldn't want that any other way.
I would like to be able to craft things though. That is what I enjoy most.
(In many cultures in the real world.. crafting things was left to the elders because that way they could still be useful while the young did the hunting.)
---
P.S. in response to a couple of not so nice shots at me here.. I have years of experience in high end raiding guilds so I am not clueless.. I was one of the core and led raid groups as well.. very successfully. Don't assume I don't know what I am doing. (that was in DAOC in it's heyday and in Vanilla WoW.)
Lately though, it is just too hard and stressful for me to do that regularly. But, I have been lucky enough to find people with the patience to go slower and explain things so that I have had opportunities to do some end game stuff recently. I did very well, despite my crappy gear. Placing in the top 3 DPS in 20 man raids.. (this was in Rift - a few weeks ago. I am welcome to raid with them anytime.. just never feel up to it.)
Before you say to go back to those games though.. I do like SWTOR a lot. I love the stories and the innovative companion system. I have very much enjoyed leveling several characters and hope to level at least one of every class.

WolfpackAW
09.26.2013 , 02:27 PM | #24
Someone please correct me if I am wrong, but here's my response:

69 gear = 30 gear
72 gear = 31 gear

for example:
Advanced Adept Enhancement 30 (the title of a particular enhancement) - when you "mouse over" this item on your character sheet, it shows as a grade 69 enhancement (as long as you have the "detailed item tooltips" option enabled). Same goes for armorings, mods, etc.

This enhancement can be purchased using credits on the GTN - there won't be very many at any one time (at least in my experience). But it CAN be purchased, for a non-trivial amount of credits.

This enhancement and armorings, mods, barrels, hilts of a similar grade can all be purchased on the GTN and placed in any shell of your choice. OR, you can collect the appropriate materials and have a crafter make these items for you.

IF you choose to run group content, you can run Hard Mode Level 55 flashpoints and get Elite Commendations and purchase this 69/30 gear from the Elite gear vendor. The whole piece (such as a chestpiece) has the title (for example) Black Market Targeter's MK-1 Jacket.

Feel free to PM me if you have additional questions. I will be happy to walk you through more of this type of stuff.

Hope this helps.
Istari - 55 Sage Seer, Jedi Covenant
Durnik - 55 Vanguard Tank, Jedi Covenant
Somera - 55 Combat Sentinel, Jedi Covenant
Laralanthalasa - 55 Sharpshooter Gunslinger, Jedi Covenant

psandak
09.26.2013 , 02:35 PM | #25
Let me first apologize. The fact of the matter is that there are many who post here with similar requests and many of us jumped to the conclusion that all you wanted was an easier path to the best gear. Thank you for the clarification.

Let me also say, that I am very much like you. I did the hardcore raiding thing years ago (EQ1). I became more casual due to the toll it was taking and additional work and social obligations. I have a physical disability (Cerebral Paulsey) albeit mild. And I too find crafting in these games incredibly enjoyable.

To answer your question you can acquire grade 69 item modifications either through running 55HMFPs and accumulating elite commendations (and then buying gear with the armoring, mod, and enhancement inside) or they are available on the GTM. They generally run several hundred thousand credits each though. If you want to learn how to craft them, you can reverse engineer the stuff you buy and like everything else you have a 20% to learn the schematic. That being said, the "special materials" to craft grade 30/69 can be expensive in and of themselves: Mass Manipulation Generators are the most costly. Honestly, the only reason to learn those schematics at this point is because you can (being a "completionist") not because the ability to craft them has any value. I have a handful of the 30/69 schematics but I have never actually crafted any of them because it is too costly to do so.

Personally, I have stuck with crafting and selling the grade 66 stuff. You'd be surprised how well it moves.

Storm-Cutter
09.26.2013 , 04:12 PM | #26
There are also [MAKEB STAGED WEEKLY] missions that give elite Comms. - Also the weekly for CZerka which is only 2x 2-man FPs. - Easy enough to group for - though one is actually fairly easy to solo.

I'm in a small (5-man) guild with shift workers who find it impossible to get together long enough for higher level content. - 5 HM flashpoints is about our limit. However, With lower-level crafting you can make cash for Exotic element Equalisers, Mass manipulation Generators and buy Isotpe -5 for credits or 35 basic comms each. There are usually 3-4 friendly high-level crafters on each server. -see server forums for yours. It'd be a long slow road to gain BiS for everything- but if you aren't up for OPs then you'll realistically only need 2-3 armourings a hilt or Barrel and a few enhancements to enable everything else to be a breeze.

I wish you all the best. I'd love to do ops with a slow steady group too, but life gets in the way!

Best wishes,
Storm Cutter (Server: Progenitor)
-Storm Cutter.
Like my comment? Refer me and also give a homeless Bantha a new start in life. Just click here.
Cool lightsabre art: ****.**================

dancezwithnubz
10.28.2013 , 11:03 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by DragonArt View Post
So basically there is no way for casual players to get level 55 gear then.
Game breaking IMO
So this has made it virtually impossible for unguilded casual players to even get gear so they can handle lvl 55 solo content
umm, not been my experience. I've been able to gear up for the lvl55 solo content with ease, getting gear that can get me through hard mode lvl55 Flashpoints is proving a little more challenging, but certainly not impossible.

the key is: co-operation. most of Oricon (for example) can be run through in a team of two + half decently geared companions. finding a group to run with isn't difficult.