Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Galactic Startfighter supposed to have more gamemodes?!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Galactic Starfighter
Galactic Startfighter supposed to have more gamemodes?!

Chrisarn
12.02.2013 , 02:46 PM | #1
I just watched the release trailer for Galactic Startfighter, where you stated "Fight in Multiple Gamemodes". Currently the only gamemode we got is "Domination". Is there an ETA when we can expect more then the one gamemode you release with? Galactic Startfighter is amazing, but after 2 weekends of only the same gamemode it just isent the same as having atleast one other.

Even your own site, http://www.swtor.com/galactic-starfighter says this: "Travel to multiple space locations and fight through exciting battles with different gameplay modes."

I want GS to succeed so much, but only having 1 gamemode for a long time can make it feel alittle repetative, its like only doing Civil War Warzone over and over again.

Hoping for respons to clear up this. We try'd to ask you in the Cantina event and you(musco) just smiled and said you have something, but no ETA. Just dont hope you dont hold it for to long so ppl get bored with only one gamemode.
May the Force be with you.

Bstr
12.02.2013 , 02:49 PM | #2
Galactic Starfighter does not officially release until February. Subscribers just get "Early (Limited) Access" starting tomorrow. Expect to hear about a new game mode in January / beginning of February.
Bobuster: Sab. Guns. Robcase: Seer Sage Bosha: Def. Guard. ShepardCmd: S.S. Vang.
Bosat'ta: BG Merc. Bophia: Fury Maur. Borbend: Med. Op. Bo'ya: Dark. Sin
<Reformation> Ebon Hawk Server

Arkerus
12.02.2013 , 02:49 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Chrisarn View Post
I just watched the release trailer for Galactic Startfighter, where you stated "Fight in Multiple Gamemodes". Is there an ETA when we can expect more then the one gamemode you release with? Galactic Startfighter is amazing, but after 2 weekends of only the same gamemode it just isent the same as having atleast one other.

Even your own site, http://www.swtor.com/galactic-starfighter says this: "Travel to multiple space locations and fight through exciting battles with different gameplay modes."

I want GS to succeed so much, but only having 1 gamemode for a long time can make it feel alittle repetative, its like only doing Civil War Warzone over and over again.

Hoping for respons to clear up this. We try'd to ask you in the Cantina event and you(musco) just smiled and said you have something, but no ETA. Just dont hope you dont hold it for to long so ppl get bored with only one gamemode.
I am pretty sure when bombers come out they will bring a game mode with them. I believe they have to destroy an enemy target. I could be wrong though.
Hooning in the rex : http://youtu.be/xtXUM6yPMCY

DimmuJanKaarl
12.02.2013 , 02:50 PM | #4
is it possible "different modes" is referring to the different ships and their respective abilities?
**Von-Gorgoroth Legacy** [[Jedi Covenant]] LIVING LEGEND
||MASTER CRAFTSMAN|| //Founder// :: -LEGENDARY-
Main: Dimmu'jan-kaarl 65 Watchman Sentinel

ninjonxb
12.02.2013 , 02:51 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Bstr View Post
Galactic Starfighter does not officially release until February. Subscribers just get "Early (Limited) Access" starting tomorrow. Expect to hear about a new game mode in January / beginning of February.
Unless I am mistaken we are not even getting the full thing. Bombers will not be available until the official lunch.

Chrisarn
12.02.2013 , 02:55 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Bstr View Post
Thats fine and all, tho they havent told us anything about other gamemodes even tho their trailer and webitesite says there are multiple-gamemodes.... Thats what I find hard to understand. It almost feels like they pushbacked gamemodes like they did with bombers.

Just them telling that new gamemode are coming xxx will put my midn at rest, like I said, I want GS to succeed!

ninjonxb
12.02.2013 , 02:58 PM | #7
Thats fine and all, tho they havent told us anything about other gamemodes even tho their trailer and webitesite says there are multiple-gamemodes.... Thats what I find hard to understand. It almost feels like they pushbacked gamemodes like they did with bombers.

Just them telling that new gamemode are coming xxx will put my midn at rest, like I said, I want GS to succeed!
Most likely they are still finalizing them. I wouldn't be surprised if they were in different stages of multiple game modes and they are unsure what will actually be released and what won't be. Right now we have 2 months until the official release and like the bombers (dulfy mentioned it causing very bad balance problems) a lot can still happen until the actual launch.

Chrisarn
12.02.2013 , 02:59 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by ninjonxb View Post
Most likely they are still finalizing them. I wouldn't be surprised if they were in different stages of multiple game modes and they are unsure what will actually be released and what won't be. Right now we have 2 months until the official release and like the bombers (dulfy mentioned it causing very bad balance problems) a lot can still happen until the actual launch.
2 months of the same gamemode... this will be tough.... shouldent release with only 1 gamemode, can backfire hard.

ninjonxb
12.02.2013 , 03:00 PM | #9
2 months of the same gamemode... this will be tough.... shouldent release with only 1 gamemode, can backfire hard.
While unfortunately most will see it that way, its not releasing with 1 game mode. It is being put in a glorified beta with 1 game mode.

Chrisarn
12.02.2013 , 03:03 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by ninjonxb View Post
While unfortunately most will see it that way, its not releasing with 1 game mode. It is being put in a glorified beta with 1 game mode.
You cannot even call it glorified beta, beacuse they pushed it to live-servers.... This is there 2.5 content. This is the main-release(early-access). It might remind me of how they release the main-game. Just hope they have learned.

Great idea, to little content gamemode wise- customization is amazing.