Did they Nerf LI HM?

Okay so granted I haven't ran LI HM since the Chevin Event, never queued and I was never crazy on getting it finished... However me and a group did it today. I was in Rakata/Campaign Mix Augmented Field Tech Gear and our tank was Rakata, but our heals and DPS were both recruit/Tionese... The tank knew his stuff, but we one shotted everything except Sav'rak cause healer had trouble keeping us up.

So I ask, did they do a nerf to it? I remember it being so much harder boss wise than it has now. We did it with a recruit Tionese healer. and a Scoundrel DPS. (Dirty Fighting) I was very suprised we got through stuff easily, but again I go back to our tank being well prepared for everything. I just want conformation or a real answer and if anyone has noticed ;)

Okay so granted I haven't ran LI HM since the Chevin Event, never queued and I was never crazy on getting it finished... However me and a group did it today. I was in Rakata/Campaign Mix Augmented Field Tech Gear and our tank was Rakata, but our heals and DPS were both recruit/Tionese... The tank knew his stuff, but we one shotted everything except Sav'rak cause healer had trouble keeping us up.

So I ask, did they do a nerf to it? I remember it being so much harder boss wise than it has now. We did it with a recruit Tionese healer. and a Scoundrel DPS. (Dirty Fighting) I was very suprised we got through stuff easily, but again I go back to our tank being well prepared for everything. I just want conformation or a real answer and if anyone has noticed ;)

It's a combination of a nerfing and people retreating back to their guilds to learn and master the content. Pugs still aren't the most fun experience in the world, but the content is generally getting cleared.

LI hm can not be one-shooted through to the end boss lmao. If that did happen, you were doin SM or it was bugged / some was using an exploit.

LI is mechanic intensive and atleast the tank and one dps has to know what they are doing cause there aint a single tank in this game that can bring down the droid's 370k health bar by himself before that thing enrages. And the platform boss requires a healer who KNOWS how to clense and use his healing rotations efficiently. And the last boss requires everyone knowing how to do their role (especially dodging those satchels).

If you know what you're doing, can be cleared in 30ish minutes give or take 10mins. If you dont know what you're doing you're going to wipe ALOT.

LI hm can not be one-shooted through to the end boss lmao. If that did happen, you were doin SM or it was bugged / some was using an exploit.

I have one-shotted every boss in LI with pugs. I don't know what you're trying to say but it seems retarded

yes and no. The way the bupple on droid lands have been changed. Before you had no chance to move the bupple a bit, it dropped instantly were you were. I think that´s the only change, but i could be wrong. Maybe enrage timers were increased a bit too. As far i know the damage output and hp of the bosses are the samme as allways.

LI is mechanic intensive and atleast the tank and one dps has to know what they are doing cause there aint a single tank in this game that can bring down the droid's 370k health bar by himself before that thing enrages. And the platform boss requires a healer who KNOWS how to clense and use his healing rotations efficiently. And the last boss requires everyone knowing how to do their role (especially dodging those satchels).

If you know what you're doing, can be cleared in 30ish minutes give or take 10mins. If you dont know what you're doing you're going to wipe ALOT.

LOLWUT? Seroiusly? I'm on an APAC server and even we are one-shotting LI HM in 30 mins. Really its not hard. And if you get 2 ranged DPS who know what they are doing even better.

What platform boss. Savrak? Since when can you cleanse his dots? Did they nerf that too?

I've one-shotted it dozens of times. It really is an easy instance if you know what you are doing.

That 'no one-shotting' thing is bollocks. A dedicated group with good DPS (2 tanks or less on Lorrick) can in fact do it in 15-20m.

@ OP, yes it was nerfed a bit, for instance of the Droid boss you now get a warning of which person is going to get the arch and they can move it away from the group. At release it would just drop without any warning. But is still is an FP which requires people to know what they are doing and be in at least half Columi, hard to carry people through it.

Please enlighten me as to how LI HM can not be one-shotted unless using an exploit. Myself and a ton of others who have one-shotted LI HM would like to know.

@ OP, yes it was nerfed a bit, for instance of the Droid boss you now get a warning of which person is going to get the arch and they can move it away from the group. At release it would just drop without any warning. But is still is an FP which requires people to know what they are doing and be in at least half Columi, hard to carry people through it.

That is the only change I am aware of, and in fact, I think the old version where lightning just dropped unexpectedly was easier. Now we have people trying to run away and place their lightning somewhere, which ends up with dropping lightning EVERYWHERE.

On the "one-shot" discussion I think somebody confused "one-shot every boss" with "solo kill every boss". Second languages can be tricky that way.

That is the only change I am aware of, and in fact, I think the old version where lightning just dropped unexpectedly was easier. Now we have people trying to run away and place their lightning somewhere, which ends up with dropping lightning EVERYWHERE.

Before the only option you had was to kite the boss if you had melee. Now the melee can actually play the mechanic. They should drop it in pre-determined places and not run around with it like headless chickens so in a good team is won't be 'everywhere', it will be exactly where you want it.

It probably is the only change, I have also seen Sav-Rak not smash and just jump up to a platform but that's likely not intentional.

The slightly movable bubble shield drop was a change a couple patches ago. Small window of time and very handy to see the warning as well icon like the one in Tanks of EC.

Rest is pretty much the same. This HM FP is mostly mechanics and our guild usually takes 3 seasoned toons and a semi-geared one thru with one-shot on most of the bosses.

It probably is the only change, I have also seen Sav-Rak not smash and just jump up to a platform but that's likely not intentional.

He does that if your DPS is strong enough. He jumps at 80%/60%/40%/20%, but the smash is on a timer. Hit those thresholds before the timer, and he won't do it.

Ironically, high DPS makes this fight trivial, because he starts spitting after the smash OR the jump and continues until he is burned. Avoid the smash, and you avoid a lot of damage from the cleave and spit. This lets the healer throw out some damage, which helps to avoid the smash.

The next time you heal this fight, throw out some damage/DoTs early, and see the difference it makes.

Edited by NoFishing

Perhaps im misunderstanding the terminology of "one-shooting" LI HM. If by one shooting you think you can one-shot kill any of the bosses in BH gear or less, no you freaking cant. If you mean you can clear LI without wiping or dying and do so in 20 minutes, yes you can.

I agree once the mechanics are down and people know what they are doing it isnt a difficult HM to do. The droid boss is all about not dropping bubbles where the party is moving and interrupting incinerate. The platform boss is all about stacking and healing... The last boss is tanking phase one / DPS phase two.

HOWEVER, LI HM is much harder to get down then any of the tier ones which i can two-man with ease and i know some can solo. So please, you're not cool or UbEr, or anyhing other then competent if you can clear LI HM in 20 mins after practice.

LI is definitely not that difficult if you go with a group that knows the mechanics. The problems happen when you get pugs that have never done it and show up in greens because they don't know that the get a free set of recruit and tionese gear and/or they don't care that it is a tier 2 hard mode and think its fine. You can easily clear this in less than 20 mins. Here is a video of us doing it for LOLs in 17 and half minutes after engaging the first mini boss at the bridge: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIBIq7Xh72Y&feature=youtu.be

There was another very significant nerf to the droid boss. He no longer does an interruptable attack before he casts incinerate. This means the tank can't waste his interrupt and it should be available for incinerate. Another small nerf is that he does not stop to do this ability any more, he does it on the move. It was very frustrating to be kiting him when he casts incinerate and get 2 or 3 stacks because he is out of range due to his previous attack.

Personally I hate the twitch and lag issues that come into play when dealing with interrupting channels. Casts that are reasonably long (1.5 seconds) are OK. Nightmare pilgrim does a 1s cast that is impossible to interrupt on my computer with 16 people's abilities going crazy causing all that lag. When I have to interrupt incinerate, I almost always take 1 stack due to lag.

Anyway, thought I'd share.

Perhaps im misunderstanding the terminology of "one-shooting" LI HM. If by one shooting you think you can one-shot kill any of the bosses in BH gear or less, no you freaking cant. If you mean you can clear LI without wiping or dying and do so in 20 minutes, yes you can.

I agree once the mechanics are down and people know what they are doing it isnt a difficult HM to do. The droid boss is all about not dropping bubbles where the party is moving and interrupting incinerate. The platform boss is all about stacking and healing... The last boss is tanking phase one / DPS phase two.

HOWEVER, LI HM is much harder to get down then any of the tier ones which i can two-man with ease and i know some can solo. So please, you're not cool or UbEr, or anyhing other then competent if you can clear LI HM in 20 mins after practice.

talking about pve content, people say "one-shot" as in beating the boss in the first attempt. they most certainly don't mean they are killing the boss with a single attack because that would be stupid

On the side from OP question:

Being not very good with Lorrick's fight scenario details buff/debuff wise - is in his last, burn, phase some mechanics that causes him to take more damage from players?

I usually play with FlyText off to not distract me thus lacking the reference here - I turned them on to try a new specc. I manage to see some unusually high number and am wondering if this was combination of armor debuff from tank, adrenal and Inspiration/Bloodthirst or if there is some other mechanic at play too.

I am keeping number to myself - in case if it working as intended, I want it to stay this way. ;)

talking about pve content, people say "one-shot" as in beating the boss in the first attempt. they most certainly don't mean they are killing the boss with a single attack because that would be stupid

Exactly. And if anyone read my first post, it was pretty clear that is what i was lmao about. I assumed the people in question were talking about one-shot killing bosses cause a clean run in HM LI is not remarkable in anyway for a team who knows the mechanics.