Lifetime Subscription Request

Naemok

I know other games have done this in the past as well, and it seemed to work for them. I would like to see a lifetime subscription option for this game. I know many people that would be will to pay $200 - $300 for a subscription for life. All things considered, you would still make a ton of money from those users in the form of micro-transactions in the cartel store.

BW and EA please consider this. Because even with the free to play option, there are many others that may still give up on this great game.

I know other games have done this in the past as well, and it seemed to work for them. I would like to see a lifetime subscription option for this game. I know many people that would be will to pay $200 - $300 for a subscription for life. All things considered, you would still make a ton of money from those users in the form of micro-transactions in the cartel store.

BW and EA please consider this. Because even with the free to play option, there are many others that may still give up on this great game.

$200 lifetime option altho will be nice for the players will lose the game money in the long run if the game runs 4-5+ years, lotro did a lifetime sub and went F2P because they had so many lifetime subs it was impacting on how much money they where getting there monthly subs where dieing out and lifetimers where left.

$200 lifetime option altho will be nice for the players will lose the game money in the long run if the game runs 4-5+ years, lotro did a lifetime sub and went F2P because they had so many lifetime subs it was impacting on how much money they where getting there monthly subs where dieing out and lifetimers where left.

Yeah, I know, I'm a lotro lifer. They still manage to extract lots of money out of me in that damn store, way more than if they were on a straight $15 month sub fee. I just hate re-occuring credit card billing.

Yeah, I know, I'm a lotro lifer. They still manage to extract lots of money out of me in that damn store, way more than if they were on a straight $15 month sub fee. I just hate re-occuring credit card billing.

Ye im a lifetimer also but ive not played since swtor came out now for me Star Wars > Lord of the rings

Go spend 200-300$ on time cards and don't worry about time for awhile then.

Some years back the average time people subbed to games was around 8 months - so that lifetime subs at $200 were considered a good investment for the companies (an increased profit of $80 on the average). With LOTRO it seems to me that the game was just not good enough to attract new players - and yes, I have 2 lifetime accounts there and don't regret them.

They can be a great source of capital to fund an xpac or new features to attract and hold new players. Once again I suspect in the case of LOTRO that Turbine failed to reinvest a high enough proportion of the money from the 'lifers'.

No they wouldn't because of the lifetime benefits players get. They still have a subscription option for a reason ya know lol

A "lifetime subscription" is almost never (if ever) done by a successful game that doesn't, well, suck. If a game has any production value AT ALL they'll want to be making their deserved profit and will charge you at least $12/mo for a subscription.

Just based on observation, of course. I am known to be wrong. ... A lot!

A "lifetime subscription" is almost never (if ever) done by a successful game that doesn't, well, suck. If a game has any production value AT ALL they'll want to be making their deserved profit and will charge you at least $12/mo for a subscription.

Just based on observation, of course. I am known to be wrong. ... A lot!

This is pretty consistent. I don't expect that option here because EA needs quarterly revenue for their reporting, not initial one time lump payments that an independent studio would desire.

Additionally there is a point that they lose money on the lifetime sub. LOTOR and STO have already reached that point with their players. No game that has long term appeal and the Star Wars franchise should even consider it.