Game Update 6.1 ‘Pinnacles of Power’ is Live!

DanielSteed

I am so happy with the Vector scene! The previous reunion was so sad and broken and angsty. It was pure bliss to see him look and sound like himself again now, and I was delighted for my Agent to have a little break with her bug husband inbetween the politics. Absolutely worth the years subscription <3

Hoping for my Knight to get something similar with Scourge, I assume the "let's go for a walk" leading to nothing was a bug rather than intentional.

And now I suppose I shall go look for the fabled Alderaan stronghold. Sounds like a perfect place for Vector and Cipher Nine and their killik family. (Darth Rivix can come along too, I suspect he and Vector have something in common.)

I'm curious, does the Vector scene happen as a separate thing after the first two are completed?

Edited by OldVengeance

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

- where i said i didn't look on forum? I knew today game have patch but i planned for myself few nice things to do in game including 6.0 flashpoint on Corellia and story with alts on Kotfe and Kotet. And i planned them 3 weeks ago for this day. What i got? .. Another pathetic delay only to RUIN that day and when i finally returned to home i must wait braindead 90 minutes to start anything bcs even network didn't work propely until this another stronghold ala Sims will end downloading.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA*gasp*HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Where can I find the trailer? Also, I don't remember the Alderaan Stronghold being so big on the PTS! I have cancelled my life for the next 6 months to see to SH decorating business :D

Hey SC Sarova :D The trailer is here...

It's pretty and well done, though after trying it, I wonder if the person that designed the SH is the same one that places the hooks lol. They still place hooks like they've had a few and are heading out the door on a Friday afternoon.

Edited by Lunafox

I was happy enough with the update even though small it set up some interesting things for the future. And it wasn't like we weren't informed multiple times how small this update would be. I do have to give them credit for setting expectations.

I was pleased with the Vector conversation which had him back to is old self and gave us some information on the new guy who I refer to as Darth Goth. He does love the black makeup doesn't he?

It was also great that old love interests are getting some love, and that they are putting one male, one female in the updates to keep it fair. I hope to see more of this in the future.

As for Scourge, I'm a bit hesitant to take my JK through since they never confirmed that the romance bug was fixed, so guess I'll keep her on hiatus for a bit longer.

Oh, and the setup for Malgus could go a multitude of ways. It'll be interesting to see where they take his story.

I have wondered if he's looking for the same cure that the IA used to get rid of the castellan restraints or if there's something else afoot with the Jedi on Dantooine. Wouldn't it be a hoot if old Malgy ended up joining the alliance especially if a player decided to remain a neutral power. Or maybe even join a saboteur. Doubt it but stranger things have happened. Either way, he's hell bent on breaking his chains.

As for the stronghold, I'll have to wait and see. I'm in no hurry to buy, but it would be a great get away for my IA and Vector as another poster pointed out.

Edited by MishaCantu

I haven't

Care to elaborate?

Aryn Leneer and Zeerid Korr, the characters from the novel The Old Republic: Deceived by Paul S. Kemp.

I believe only Pub characters see the cutscene of them on Dantooine. It's been so long since I read that book, I almost forgot about them. Check out their character pages on Wookieepedia for more info about them.

Thanks for another patch with low content on day when i have a lot of time to play but must waste entire 90 min for stupid endlessly patching bcs you didn't do it 2 days ago. It looks like you just waited for today to ruin mine day for what i have big plans.

~ Tsukito, Alliance Commander

Don't forget 5 min story and another SH for all those Space Barbie's players.

There isn't a month that goes by on /SWTOR Reddit where some member doesn't mention Alderaan being the most visually stunning planet in the game. Great idea to make a stronghold on this planet. For the same reasons it's beautiful any chance of ever getting a stronghold on Hutta or Oricon?

Not sure who picked up on it, but while people are focusing on Dantooine

I am focused in on the fact that what Malgus is suffering from, and in particular how the droid described it, sounds a HELL of a lot like act II of the Imperial Agent story - LOVE the tie in!

Agreed!

I really hope Watcher X from the Agent story (or a virtual version of him if he was killed off) is hiding out on Dantooine ready to assist Malgus undo his brainwashing. But then I've been really hoping Watcher X would return for years now

Aryn Leneer and Zeerid Korr, the characters from the novel The Old Republic: Deceived by Paul S. Kemp.

I believe only Pub characters see the cutscene of them on Dantooine. It's been so long since I read that book, I almost forgot about them. Check out their character pages on Wookieepedia for more info about them.

This is useful info, however, I'm disappointed when they include characters from external stories as not all of us read/follow everything related to the game or the swtor universe. I had no clue who these people were and assumed they were random nobodies.

I saw the Dantooine cut scene on when I did my Empire characters so unless something changed, both sides see it.

Edited by Sarova

Hey SC Sarova :D The trailer is here...

It's pretty and well done, though after trying it, I wonder if the person that designed the SH is the same one that places the hooks lol. They still place hooks like they've had a few and are heading out the door on a Friday afternoon.

Thanks!! :D

I liked the story bits and was left wanting more. So that's a good thing IMO. Now back to leveling my other characters as I wait for more. My Main Sorc will be patiently waiting around Odessan. Also to those saying the game is in maintenance mode if it was we'd be receiving hot fixes and that's it. No story or anything else. More story is on the way so I think it's far from maintenance mode. Edited by lukeisjedi

im confused. i like where its going i think, but is there more. i know malgus is headed to dantoine to see a shrink, and some jedis are there..... is there more or am i missing something? i went to dantoine and looked for them but couldnt find them from the scene.

More than likely you wont see them until the team is ready... then (more than likely) in a separate "instanced" area. (If I had to guess).

Here's what you might be missing.

The droid mentioned that the psychological conditioning was strong, and that to overcome it, it was like he would need something that could remap his neural pathways, or something like that. In the Agent Story, that is precisely what happened, and the agent used a drug to rewrite his conditioning. And the way it was described by watcher X to the agent was EXACTLY like how the droid described it to Malgus. It leaves the impression that Malgus is going to be after the same stuff that helped our agent out.

But.....

The only thing is, I referenced this in speaking to Lana : she mentions that she "read the file" and eliminated that type of brain-washing while she was in charge of Sith Intelligence. But then, you have Acina doing her best impression of Nox…

But.....

The only thing is, I referenced this in speaking to Lana : she mentions that she "read the file" and eliminated that type of brain-washing while she was in charge of Sith Intelligence. But then, you have Acina doing her best impression of Nox…

Perhaps... but Lana has been gone for a while now... and someone else is in charge. Both are interesting points. IMO.. Malgus is definitely headed to Dantooine for a specific reason... Definitive search and destroy ?? Or search for a specific answer ??

I still think that it's more than just a coincidence that he is looking for something to "set him free" or "restore" himself to "normal" (whatever that is) … and it's entirely possible that he will be looking for Satele and co sooner or later.

I actually think

that what is going on with Malgus is very similar to what happened to Watcher X. It seems to function more like that than it does Cipher Nine's brainwashing. Malgus suffers from painful nightmares that threaten his health as long as he disobeys the leader of the Empire, but still has his free will.

I actually think

that what is going on with Malgus is very similar to what happened to Watcher X. It seems to function more like that than it does Cipher Nine's brainwashing. Malgus suffers from painful nightmares that threaten his health as long as he disobeys the leader of the Empire, but still has his free will.

Interesting … BUT what if :

Malgus wants to be the next emperor !! IMO... that is still what he wants. Maybe not to rule the galaxy (not yet) … BUT he definitely wants to see the Empire in charge of things where he is at and the Jedi at his feet and the Republic in ruins!

So is there an actual story update? I've already talked to Republic leaders about Task Force Nova, reunited with Kira and Scourge and discussed the Sith Emperor and the plague, and now I'm just kind of stuck with no quest step on how to continue.

This was supposed to be like hearts and minds, nothing more. This was what they said when they told us about this update, it was going to be short like hearts and minds. I.E. Just cutscenes

From Mr. Boyd's post :

https://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=9817211#edit9817211

Game Update 6.1 will include a small story beat around the size of Hearts and Minds. Specifically, this will be about checking in with the newly-formed factional groups – Task Force Nova for Republic players, and the Hand for Imperials – and making some initial decisions to guide them as they’re getting ramped up (including Saboteur options for those so inclined). For Imperials, this also means meeting your new liaison, Darth Rivix – he was a lot of fun to write, so I’m looking forward to seeing everyone’s reactions.

The update will also include a few other small scenes, including:

A check-in with Kira and Scourge, setting up the story for Game Update 6.2 (more on that below)

Troopers will have a 1-on-1 with Elara Dorne

Agents will have a 1-on-1 with Vector

Edited by casirabit

what update removes me being forced to watch the same cutscenes over and over in FPs? thats the update ill praise not one that basically introduces cash shop items because realistically most of us just buy the stronghold instead of making credit payments. you legit made another way to make money in this cash grab while not dealing with any of the issues. your game plays so terrible it feels as if im playing a beta but betas are better because at least people are working on them.