Help choosing between Smug, BH, Trooper!

BubSkittel

Hello,

I just finished setting up my account and my subscription for swtor and am currently installing the game! im very excited but i am still VERY torn between what class to try first. I really wanted to play a smuggler but i hate the idea of cover so i was planning on speccing into scoundrel. However, i dont like the idea of my smuggler using so much melee as oppose to his dual pistols.

My other choice is a trooper/ bounty hunter. They are both mobile shooters that id like to play however the troopers story seems a little dull, and the only thing holding me back from bounty hunter is the fact that bh is on the imperial side. I have nothing against the imperial side but i have always played mmo's as the "good side". I played an alliance rogue and an alliance warrior in WoW if that helps.

Im open to suggestions so please post if you have a recommendation for which class to try out first. I know ill end up trying all of them out but i just need to figure out which one i will roll to begin with!

Thanks, BubSkittel

I love being a Smug Bounty Hunter feeling all high and mighty.

But seriously, play all three to get a feel for the gameplay. Take 2-3 days to play all three through the starter planet. You may find the class story is the deciding factor. I love the Trooper story.

Hello,

I just finished setting up my account and my subscription for swtor and am currently installing the game! im very excited but i am still VERY torn between what class to try first. I really wanted to play a smuggler but i hate the idea of cover so i was planning on speccing into scoundrel. However, i dont like the idea of my smuggler using so much melee as oppose to his dual pistols.

My other choice is a trooper/ bounty hunter. They are both mobile shooters that id like to play however the troopers story seems a little dull, and the only thing holding me back from bounty hunter is the fact that bh is on the imperial side. I have nothing against the imperial side but i have always played mmo's as the "good side". I played an alliance rogue and an alliance warrior in WoW if that helps.

Im open to suggestions so please post if you have a recommendation for which class to try out first. I know ill end up trying all of them out but i just need to figure out which one i will roll to begin with!

Thanks, BubSkittel

Try the Bounty Hunter. Even though they're on the 'bad side', the alignment system allows you the freedom to play as a 'good guy.' Sort of.

The cover system is a bit ackward so I don't think it's the best first choice. I've rolled everything except trooper. I love Sith Inquistor, Jedi Knight, and Imperial Agent. Empire has more dramatic storylines and lots of political intrigue with literal backstabbing. Jedi Knight has the iconic images and music from Episode IV so it's worth rolling just to see the cut scene when you obtain your lightsaber. It's worth the price of admission. The SI's lightning attacks are some of the best grahics in the game and I think his story line is great. Edited by Owsley

I've been playing a Jedi Knight and Smuggler. I don't much like the cover system at the moment but I played a Trooper and Bounty Hunter in beta and love them both. I would suggest just playing a few levels into each and then making your decision. I got my Smuggler to Coruscant before I decided it wasn't really for me so just play what feels right.