Feedback Request: Moddable Outfits

JovethGonzalez

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Color customization on armor. For example, another MMO, who's name I shall not mention, allowed you to dye your gear whatever color you chose that they had in the game. I think that would be a viable option. Also the ability to wear cool gear I see that may be heavy or medium. Also some companion gear that's equal to rakata or maybe BH. My comps that I hardly use feel neglected.

Continued from my earlier list, I would also love to see:

• Elegant, maroon robes for Jedi Consulars. Or at least that wouldn't look out of place on one. Could be a variant of the Custom quality Force Magister's set.
  • Adaptive Imperial Officer uniform, like what Republic characters can get as a pilot uniform.
  • Single-bladed lightsaber that uses a double-bladed lightsaber model, displaying only one blade when activated.

I agree wholly that the armor in the Cartel Market should be changed to have no level restrictions and minimal mods, like what they already did with the weapons. Since the point of these items is the appearance, all you should really be buying is a shell, in my opinion.

Yea, I think it's very important for both the market and the game as a whole to have level one outfits and add helmets and headgear as well to the market. The plain robe in multiple colors with hood up or down would also be a big one.

Considering most recent feedback is unrelated to their request, as people list their fantasies instead of listing gear that is already in game, I wouldn't be surprised if BW started ignoring this thread.

But then BW also regularly unsticks threads to avoid clutter, so it doesn't really hut to try and post.

Back on topic, I would love chance to get modable version of JK Champion/Centurion/Recruit belt, one with republic symbol on it.

I can't speak for others, but all of the armor I listed in my post currently exists in game, with the exception of a recolor of the plain robe into grey, black, red and traditional brown. It already exists in white.

I really like the anointed demicot light armour, but it's bland grey. I would like to get this one in black and in a deep red. Also so that my darkside jedi can wear it.

In general I also would like dye for armour in general and being able to dye pieces individually.

• I'd like the ability to turn any current piece into an adaptable piece of armor, like how we use Augmenting Kits to add slots to gear.

• Hood up/down toggle :rolleyes:

• I'd also like more Inquisitor/Sage armor that looks more like you're going into a battle rather than walking around in a long skirt. More pants please! (I partifularly liked the Warrior Battlemaster stuff, and think it could be altered somewhat into a more light-armored looking set. No spikes perhaps?)

In general I also would like dye for armour in general and being able to dye pieces individually.

• I'd like the ability to turn any current piece into an adaptable piece of armor, like how we use Augmenting Kits to add slots to gear.
  • Hood up/down toggle :rolleyes:

I approve!

Furthermore (I'm really sure this has been named already):

• Black- or grey-colored, plain robes for Marauders (plating allowed)
  • Mask-like helmet for Republic-players (e.g. like the Marauder Elite Headgear).
  • OFFTOPIC: More color crystals on the Cartel Market (currently only orange available).

Edited by Creror

I think it would be cool to have more armor like the corso energy armor. Instead of it just being "naked armor", have some with tattoos or possibly make it look like your toon has mechanical parts/limbs. Since we cant customize our characters limbs and chest/body more than just the couple of body types.

I would also like bandana's, but not skin tight like many of the head gear. Also cloth face masks that only cover from the nose down to chin. Then have the toggle head gear to choose to have one side of the face mask to clip to the other side or stay clipped to one side, leaving the face visible.

There are currently a lot of white, green and blue item types that have no moddable equievalent AT ALL. (see some of the amor vendors on the planets. Nece looking stuff...but completely useless)

Before making any cross-class moddable armore please consider making these currently useless armor designs available as moddable item types. Crafteable, purchaseable, cartel coins...i don't really care, so long as these armor designs finally become available for actual use.

Edited by Valgran

I was going to start a new thread, but I think it's better to post this here. You have my suggested items to add to the market so I will not repost them.

I just wanted to say adding the Republic flight suit was a great move, I would like to see the Imperial suit next. Also making them level one with no mods was brilliant IMO. Truly a look for everyone, purely cosmetic.

THIS is what you need to do. Add a new suit every patch. I hope you keep up the pace, and look forward to seeing what you add in the near future.

Imperial Officer Uniform and Imperial Guardsmen Armor.

Thats pretty much all I want. It makes no gosh darned sense that my Imperial Spy can't dress in the most Imperial clothing.

And I don't care what you say CE people. Those are the ones I'd like to see.

Edited by Selvec

I would just like to add in my thanks for the republic flight suit that was added to the market.

Because out of the 60+ pages of ideas and requests, you added in a moddable outfit that NO ONE asked for (except the post at the top of page 65 that liked it after it was released).

Great job in showing that the Dev's are paying attention and reading the ideas in this thread.

Edited by Flying-Brian

I know this probably is a no. But can we just get a basic robe for jedi/sith that comes in your basic Blue, Black, Red, White, Brown, Green, Yellow, Purple. Variations?

In fact, just introduce only white coloured stuff for now on and introduce a tinting system.

Hey folks, the Cartel Market team wants your help and advice in determining possible future content.

Specifically, they want to hear about what current in-game outfits you’ve been envious of that you would love to see available for other classes as moddable outfits. Please post your thoughts and ideas below!

Can we please get a Commando look that can be used by all class's. I want that look for my BH but yet cannot get close to it.

Or a Stormtrooper look?

1. Sith imperial trooper armor (full set, black and white variant)

2. Battlemaster sets (soon to be gone in 1.6)

3. The dress worn by the female Alderanian noble in the smuggler's story line (can't remember the name)

4. Full armor sets showcased in all the armor progression videos before SWTOR launch (other than PvP or PvE sets) [e.g. battlelords]

5. All level 40 PvP sets

I really want the outfit Nariel Pridence wears in the Smuggler class story for my Jedi.

http://i.imgur.com/MRmEl.jpg

Simple, practical, pretty.

As a Sage, I envied Deera Ulyette's outfit (the lady who gives the Republic side Nar Shaddaa bonus series).

http://tor.zamimg.com/torhead/uploads/images/5515.jpg

Kind of like the elegant dress, but less frilly, more professional, and the color doesn't make it look like a wedding dress.

I agree with both those, especially the 2nd one. There's more than one character with that similar dress. Ideally it'd be available in several colors, too. Crazy fancy dresses and elegant businesslike dresses are both appropriate to star wars settings - Padme's outfits are as iconic as Leia's.

http://starwars.fidm.edu/exhibition/amidala-meadow-dress.shtm?section=exhibition&subsection=detail has some good examples. (click "Next" a few times till you get to the end of Padme section to view most of the dresses)