Dissatisfied?

Mad_Magus

I've had all the platitudes from EA "your opinion is important', "priority bugs we're working to fix" yada, yada. I've finally come to the conclusion that, as long as we pay, they don't care. I've ticketed a myriad of bugs, The Jawa balloon, NPCs that we cant shoot because they're in a wall, and players can't shoot through walls, but they can. and so on inadfinitem. They always respond "sorry for you inconvenience,,,,." but the truth is they don't bloody care. The silliest thing? If you report a bug, you get no response. If you submit it as a game play problem, you get a response, sooner or later, but they recommend you report it as a bug, because, apparently, they can't forward it to the next department over.

My latest beef, synthweaving armor that looks one way when on the Rep side, and completely different on the imp side. First they basically destroy synthweaving with the cartel market (it is only good for augments now), Then they break it. There are a huge number of problems with the game, but they'd rather add houses than fix what's broken. I guess as long as new FTP people keep joining, and spending cartel coins to get a playable game, nothing will change.

But I, for one, am not happy, and will be dropping my 2 accounts if I don't see an improvement in what EA laughingly calls 'customer service'.

:mad:

Quite possible. never tried it before. I was trying to craft it for a friend who wanted a minimal head piece, and got a full mask. Just because it's been that way since launch don't make it right. Same with the Jawa balloon. never worked right since launch, and still bugged. Just another instance where EA has ignored a bug.

Oh, and nothing to do with your comment. I fully believe it. But you're right. It is the way it is, and I do not like it. EA continues to ignore game problems in favour of flash in the pan goodies. A money maker in the short term, but not everyone in the world is stupid, and, in the end, the EA attitude will destroy what is a fabulous concept.

Quite possible. never tried it before. I was trying to craft it for a friend who wanted a minimal head piece, and got a full mask. Just because it's been that way since launch don't make it right. Same with the Jawa balloon. never worked right since launch, and still bugged. Just another instance where EA has ignored a bug.

I'm assuming your friend is F2P/Premium because there's the Hide head slot feature that works amazingly well :)

I agree that that just because something has been a certain way since launch does not make it right.

I've only done the "jawa balloon" once and it was a long time ago. IIRC there was a point along its path where you fell through if you were not positioned perfectly. I would not know if this is still the case; I'll take your word for it. But I would assume that the "workaround" I used way back when still works. Not what you want to hear, but when easy workarounds exist those bugs are put into low priority.

Oh, and nothing to do with your comment. I fully believe it. But you're right. It is the way it is, and I do not like it. EA continues to ignore game problems in favour of flash in the pan goodies. A money maker in the short term, but not everyone in the world is stupid, and, in the end, the EA attitude will destroy what is a fabulous concept.

IMO you are generalizing too much. Just because they choose to not fix what you think is a major problem does not mean they are ignoring it. Furthermore, if by flash in the pan you mean CM stuff, you are focusing too much on the CM stuff. Just my opinion though.

2 things.

1. The differences in armor appearance, well I thought it was kinda cool. Not sure why but I liked how the looks were different between factions. Since I normally play both sides of the same class scoundrel / operative, it was neat to me how different they looked. (other then cartel armor of course)

2. The Bug fixes, well I do not know of any game maker who does what you want and focus on bugs. I would suggest that you get every single person you know that plays plus about another 5000 or so to report the same bug because if its like a game company I used to work for the bug fixes are done based on priority, which was prioritized by the number of bug submissions. Unless if was a game breaking bug.

And the new content vs bug fixes - honestly that just business. Content pays the bills and fixing bugs does not.

I think if they just gave a bit more into bug fixes, appearance fixes (imo) they would help most current player base but then that would be my priority. :p

They should hire me! It is what I do, fixing bugs...put in a good work for me.:cool:

Their bug fixes have been lacking since launch though, before even the CM was released. I remember coming back after quitting for like 6 months cause some friends wanted me to. Every bugged that was there then, was there when I came back. And I dont mean just little things. Like the knockdown bug from operatives stealth opener was still in forever. I actually wouldnt be surprised if it's still in to this day since it sounds like it is by reading the forums. Unfortunately I forgot to cancel my sub after that. >.<

I also remember when they pushed a patch through that seemingly wasnt tested. There was a flashpoint that could not be completed due to a mob not spawning or something. And it wasnt a random thing, it happened every single time.

I would suggest just keeping tabs on the game by forums and friends. Otherwise, just find something else if you expect bug fixes.

First, I should note that I'm a programmer of many years experience. I cut my teeth on machine code for the 6502 in the Atari 800. When I began in the field, the emphasis was on quality. If it didn't run right, it wasn't ready for release. This does colour my thinking.

Actually no, I'm not referring to the CM. While I think they put a lot of junk in the packs, it seems I'm in the minority, as I've made millions selling what I regard as crap I got from packs on the GTN.

I'm referring to the prepossessed expansion. It advertises a new PVP instance, Probably pretty popular, though Huttball is hated by every PVP player I know, and, oh yah, houses. Which, to all indications, add nothing that is not available on ships. so... window dressing.

This instead of fixing the Jawa balloon, which still disappears about a third of the time on approach to the jump on point. The health bar below the toon name on the main screen, which shows about 5% health after QT's, using a shuttle, or entering an instance, and my favourite, "Cannot see target" when he/she/it is standing right in front of me beating the crap out of me. These are just a few... add to them and the MANY things that get fixed by reclogging ( which, in me experience, means the program is corrupting it's own memory space) and the game has problems that will eventually kill it.

Yup a lot of errors are not 'critical to game play' ( though there are those who live for ops would argue about many of them ). It makes them, and EA's ignoring them, no less annoying.

Finally, the "We do not currently provide support for non-class quests" is a bloody cop-out. Just another way to say, we don't really care.

My opinion.

If you aren't satisfied with the game, then quit. End of discussion, no need to talk about it. I've quit games before and never detailed why on the Forums. And threatening to subtract two subscribed accounts from a game with hundreds of thousands of subscribed accounts isn't very effective.