anyone agree, standard jedi tunic robes?

JediLegendCaleb

Does anyone else feel we as jedi need less armor and more, of the standard jedi robes. And finally have toggle hood? Because if I understood correctly, Jedi are not supposed to be the center of attention and dressing practically like hobos. hence the loose robes and tunics because they originated from tatooine.

I just feel since KOTOR 2 robes and standard jedi robes were common, it should be natural that hundreds of years later, robes should still be the traditional fashion for jedi

I Think everyone who has rolled jedi thinks this...however they DID have standard stuff way back whenhttp://www.swtor-fever.com/wp-content/gallery/jedi-knight-armor/jediknight-armor02.jpg

http://www.ggsgamer.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/Jedi-classes.jpg

http://www.blogcdn.com/massively.joystiq.com/media/2010/11/header-1291151912.jpg

http://nexus404.com/Blog/wp-content/uploads2/2011/09/Old-Republic-Jedi.jpg

http://a.images.blip.tv/NakamuraHiro-StarWarsTheOldRepublicJediKnightGameplayPartI726.jpg

THIS kind of armor was seen through out early footage and beta on jedi, yet for some unkown reasons, was removed and now can only be seen in the jedi knight story on an npc...somehow I doubt we will ever see standard jedi robes or even plain black sith robes for that matter, as we have all been telling the devs since all the good armor was removed what we want and have received very little.

Does anyone else feel we as jedi need less armor and more, of the standard jedi robes. And finally have toggle hood? Because if I understood correctly, Jedi are not supposed to be the center of attention and dressing practically like hobos. hence the loose robes and tunics because they originated from tatooine.

I just feel since KOTOR 2 robes and standard jedi robes were common, it should be natural that hundreds of years later, robes should still be the traditional fashion for jedi

Um what?, some wore shirts and pants, some wore full armour, others partial armour, some have robes with pants lower and others with skirt lower, some wore helmets, and much much more, and this is just the human types, once you get into aliens, the garb can alter even more widely

The plain and simple fact is, There is no traditional look, there simply isnt, only what "you" perceive to be standard.

Im all for more choices, but we dont need less of one thing and more of another just because you have an itch.

What I would like more than anything they could release, is to make every piece of orange/purple gear in the game adaptive, and to be able to change greens and blues into orange adaptive. This would possibly be the best update the devs could give us since release.

Dreams are free! :)

Um what?, some wore shirts and pants, some wore full armour, others partial armour, some have robes with pants lower and others with skirt lower, some wore helmets, and much much more, and this is just the human types, once you get into aliens, the garb can alter even more widely

The plain and simple fact is, There is no traditional look, there simply isnt, only what "you" perceive to be standard.

Im all for more choices, but we dont need less of one thing and more of another just because you have an itch.

What I would like more than anything they could release, is to make every piece of orange/purple gear in the game adaptive, and to be able to change greens and blues into orange adaptive. This would possibly be the best update the devs could give us since release.

Dreams are free! :)

oh yeah! i would love that <3 i really need an adaptive armor respirator >.<

to the topic at hand, there are two moddable "standard" jedi tops i can think of. they both look exactly like the gear that jedi guards on tython wear, only one has little armor shoulder pads that are very small. most of the consular gear is normal too. hell, without the cartel market, you look like a hoboqueen running around >.>

Robes while not in combat should look mysterious like they would with the hood and cloak wrapped around their body etc, with the over sized sleeves. As soon as combat is engaged the cloak is thrown off and they reveal the traditional human robes underneath like most duels seen in the movies. That would be a nice feature to see in game. Yeah, I would love to see that. Edited by xorcist

I like the armor look. Im hoping they make Shan's armor wearable. I wear a dress in real life, I dont want my Jedi wearing one.:p

Ya I think more traditional robes for Jedi AND Sith should be added.... or some sort of cloak. From what i've seen in the game, NPC jedi are all wearing more traditional robes/cloaks and its a rarity to see a sith in anything BUT armor of some kind. Dooku, Vader, Maul.... all robes. Hell, even General Grievous, had some sort of cape/cloak and he wasn't even a force user!

Ya I think more traditional robes for Jedi AND Sith should be added.... or some sort of cloak. From what i've seen in the game, NPC jedi are all wearing more traditional robes/cloaks and its a rarity to see a sith in anything BUT armor of some kind. Dooku, Vader, Maul.... all robes. Hell, even General Grievous, had some sort of cape/cloak and he wasn't even a force user!

My Sith Marauder's armour has a cloak, it just doesn't do anything, it should fan out a bit when jumping or falling I feel. Sith Marauders and Jedi Knights suit armour, although it should really look like a fusion between armour and robes, more robey with armoured textures.

Sith Inquisitors and Jedi Consulars need a better selection of robes though, more colour choices please.

Actually more colour choices for all the charcters, please. Maybe a dye pack that you can apply to gear, but definately more colour.

Um what? Have you seen the movies? Watch the prequels when there were a lot of Jedi around. Watch the scenes in the Jedi Temple and the ones specifically in the council chambers. You will notice that every single Jedi is wearing a brown hooded robe.

Now, the clothes they wear beneath those brown robes do vary, but I wouldn't use the word widely to describe this variation.

Edited by TheNevet

LOL @ this topic... I have been playing this game since BETA last year and have never been satisfied withh any gear I have worn or seen in this game... Maybe the lvl 20 pvp robe for the sages.. smh, this has got to be the topic with the most threads created.

The last two jedi skins - via the cartel market of course - have been a step in the right direction.

Valiant Jedi and Conservator's robes. Check them out.

Now we just have to get them to stop making to all poop-brown with urine-yellow trim and we'll be all set.

Honestly, I don't think anyone in that art department asks themselves if they'd want to wear the armor themselves.....

They are simply making the game THEY want, not the game that the 1000-post 10,000-view threads are asking for. That was obvious when the old lead dev used the words "deceptive dressing" in place of "character customization". HE wanted us all to look the same, the community is pretty clear that's not shat we want, but look where we are over a year after release.

You'll get new armors, but it'll be what they want, not what we've been asking for, like its been all year so far.

Edited by Primarch_PWnD

My complaints around a lot of the armor has one of 2 main themes:

1.) This is not some magic land. Some of the armor should be in the OTHER game, not here.

The one set that makes you look like the thing from the black lagoon comes to mind.

2.) The sets with the odd bits that stick out and/or huge bits attached. I know there is an inquisitor set where it looks like you have giant can openers on your gloves and shoulder. Another example are the Sith sets with the shoulders that could double as surf boards or Repub gear that has one huge plate on one shoulder.

I don't really understand what type of robes the OP and others want. I got several "basic" robes while questing on my Jedi Guardian - one of the most basic being the first orange one I got on Coruscant via some heroic mission which I wore from ~12-50. It was similar to this:

http://www.torhead.com/item/3w4dHYC/peacekeepers-chestguard

That strikes me as pretty basic/standard and I got several variations in color on this one via leveling. The only problem was I couldn't put the hood down, which I would've really liked to be able to do.