Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

End-Game Gear Mods

Unpleasant
03.16.2012 , 01:51 PM | #1
So as far as I know we can take the mods out of end-game level gear and put them into orange gear. Thing is, there are only 2 mods. Is it possible to use the orange gear still then? Maybe by going to Ilum and getting that purple slot for the "armoring"? Is anything about this changing in 1.2? I want to know the information about this tuff before I spend money taking sockets out and spending my commendations on things. Thanks in advance.

-Kraxis-
03.16.2012 , 01:56 PM | #2
You can get BiS Armor mods from the last bosses in EV and KP and put them in belts and bracers at the moment.... They are occasionally on the GTN, at least on my server.

In 1.2, I believe ALL Orange and End-game armor will have removable armor slots (and set bonus slots)...

... and frankly, I would wait until 1.2 before you do anything with your armor, at this point.

Unpleasant
03.16.2012 , 03:02 PM | #3
Yeah I guess I'mma just have to not play until 1.2 if that's the case. Thanks.

FooBard
03.16.2012 , 03:44 PM | #4
Not play?

wow... can't do anything unless you can modify your gear huh? wild.

Murah
03.20.2012 , 01:17 PM | #5
so... pre-1.2 question.

Right now I have the orange gear pilot set that I bought with Fleet Commendations. Link to the tunic so you can see what I'm talking about:

http://db.darthhater.com/items/3665/pilots_tunic/

I was thinking I could take all the mods out of my Columi Force-Mystic's Headgear, and put them into my orange gear Pilot Helmet. repeat with all 5 Pilot pieces, and use my Pilot outfit as my pve set.

I'm gathering that is not possible (pre 1.2), and have the same stats? I haven't tried it myself because I don't want to waste credits taking the mods out.

It also sounds like this is not possible post-1.2, because the Pilot gear won't have that augment slot, unless bioware decides to change the pilot set?
Reunion Guild