Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

FPS issue can't be ATI

Inraika
01.17.2012 , 08:47 PM | #1
I Have an ATI card and I can run at over 110 anywhere but PvP..
in there its between 60-80.

So it's not the ATI cards.

Elcan
01.17.2012 , 08:51 PM | #2
Who said it was? I peak just of 135 in game and i run 2 - 4870 HD dark nights. AMD Phenom 2x4 3.6 BB. on a SD drive.. So i dont see much lag period, but this game was not designed for ATI it was ment for Invidia.

Inraika
01.17.2012 , 08:54 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Elcan View Post
Who said it was? I peak just of 135 in game and i run 2 - 4870 HD dark nights. AMD Phenom 2x4 3.6 BB. on a SD drive.. So i dont see much lag period, but this game was not designed for ATI it was ment for Invidia.
People I see are blaming ATI for the FPS issues.

Culveren
01.17.2012 , 08:55 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Elcan View Post
Pretty sure it was designed to work on almost any computer.... It does not make sense to throw half of your market under the bus. Really it will come down to driver support, and for a game this big, its just a waiting game. My guess is new AMD drivers will be out soon and will really improve the performance on their side of things.

BTW
Rocking an AMD 6950 with great FPS.

VoXPCS
01.17.2012 , 08:56 PM | #5
135 eh?

Funny, game caps @ 111 FPS.

Lets' see a screenshot.

5 of these are posted every week. lol

135.. I have 10 times the graphics and I max out at 111 FPS like everyone else.

P.S. ATI has always been a problem.
Welcome to The Fatman: Where LFG actually works. & MMO means something again.

Culveren
01.17.2012 , 08:57 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by VoXPCS View Post
135 eh?

Funny, game caps @ 111 FPS.

Lets' see a screenshot.

5 of these are posted every week. lol

135.. I have 10 times the graphics and I max out at 111 FPS like everyone else.

P.S. ATI has always been a problem.
I wonder if you are biased against AMD? LOL.

VoXPCS
01.17.2012 , 08:59 PM | #7
$20,000 over the course of 12 years. I know what I'm what i'm talking about.

Everyone can take it for a grain of salt for all I care. I've bought and I have owned , benchmarked it, overclocked it.

It's all cheap garbage on roll back from wal-mart.

People buy it because it's red, "cool looking" and cheap. Just like Apple products.

Makes me sad.
Welcome to The Fatman: Where LFG actually works. & MMO means something again.

Crinnim
01.17.2012 , 09:03 PM | #8
computer hardware fanboys are.....embarrassing...
If only they saw themselves as most people do.

...and if you're wondering, I'll buy ATI or nvidia, whatever best suits my needs for the price range at the time of purchase.

Culveren
01.17.2012 , 09:04 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by VoXPCS View Post
$20,000 over the course of 12 years. I know what I'm what i'm talking about.

Everyone can take it for a grain of salt for all I care. I've bought and I have owned , benchmarked it, overclocked it.

It's all cheap garbage on roll back from wal-mart.

People buy it because it's red, "cool looking" and cheap. Just like Apple products.

Makes me sad.
Apple products are far from cheap, and they do not look "cool"

Not to mention that AMD has the most expensive single GPU on the market, and also the fastest single GPU.

Personally i go by Bang for buck. And frankly 6950s in crossfire is a damn good setup, it benches 25% faster than a GTX 580 and does it for less than 125% of the cost.

Bulldozer is one story, but there are a number of AMD products that excel in gaming, regardless of your experience. Just look at the benchmarks.

I buy what is the best deal at the time for what i need to do, be it green or red, AMD or intel, if it works it works.

Fozee
01.17.2012 , 09:04 PM | #10
AMD is a performance leader right now. The drivers need some work, but there's nothing wrong with the hardware. In fact I've never had an ATI/AMD video card die, every one I've ever owned are still running in some machine daily. Every Nvidia card I've owned has died - anecdotal, but relevant.

Here's a bit from AMD's site:

"Home of the world’s fastest GPU for 790 days and counting"