Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Everybody wins!

harpuax
03.20.2012 , 01:21 PM | #1
In 1.2 it seems gear is no longer JUST a reward for skill, teamwork or generally being good at the game. Now it is also a reward for having the time.

Non-rated and rated PVP gear has the same stats. So be awesome and get a high rating or just show up and faceroll and get the same reward.

Raid gear for doing dailies. Complete a raid with strategy (yeah I know it doesn't take much currently but hopefully that will change) and team work, or just faceroll some mobs and get the same reward.

The only difference between the methods to obtain the same gear is time. You can gear faster in a raid (hopefully) than doing dailies, same goes for PvP respectively. Eventually however everyone ends up in the same place. To put it another way, Everybody wins.

I am not saying this system is good or bad. Just stating the facts, and please correct me if I am wrong.

Also I have eliminated the appearance difference in my statement, since with modable gear most players will build there own look regardless of the mods they put in it. Having a different look is an acceptable argument for having skill based rewards, but only applies to the few (very very few by the response of the current endgame gear) who actually like those looks.

What do you think? Should everyone win?

monkgryphon
03.20.2012 , 01:26 PM | #2
Does everyone win for the PvE gear?

Stop spouting absolutes when they obviously are not.

NotDonnaReed
03.20.2012 , 01:28 PM | #3
It wouldn't bother me if everyone on the server were running around in full Rakata gear. I don't get my kicks off feeling superior to other people. I do hope they make the amount of effort you have to put in commensurate to the value of the item. It's disappointed when you can fully gear your character in a week or two, and then there's nothing else to do.

Averran
03.20.2012 , 01:30 PM | #4
Hello everyone!

We're glad to see that a lot of players want to discuss Game Update 1.2 but are asking that conversation in the General Discussion forum be kept to this thread. Should you wish to discuss a specific topic in detail please use the Public Test Server forum or the appropriate sub-forum elsewhere. There's a great thread about the new armor located here that you may be interested in.

We will be closing this thread now, thanks for understanding. We look forward to seeing you on the test server!