Hats for Twileks

BaronIveagh

Will there ever be headgear that properly fits lekku? I've been playing this game since beta and would really like it if Bioware finally made lore friendly versions of the headgear. All we really have atm is 'no helm', 'no lekku', or our lekku clipping through the top of the hat.

Will there ever be headgear that properly fits lekku? I've been playing this game since beta and would really like it if Bioware finally made lore friendly versions of the headgear. All we really have atm is 'no helm', 'no lekku', or our lekku clipping through the top of the hat.

Well, as a player of a Twi-lek Bounty Hunter.... If you wear a fully closed helmet as a Twi'lek that "works"... however, the lekku disappear if you do.

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/5287/lekwithhelmet.jpg

That as sort of my point. What do we do, take off part of our brain to make the hat fit? You'd think they would add a few 'alternate hats' for us when we put on a helm that match up with lore. I know it's asking a lot from Bioware to do more than recolor the same helm model five times, but it's pretty absurd and immersion breaking, Edited by BaronIveagh

Is this even Story and Lore related?

Yes, as the current hat situation sort of violates lore. and common sense. Most of the other races can, in theory, get by with the hats that are in game (though zabraks would find them uncomfortable). Twi'leks though are forced to deal with hats that do not fit their head shape (causing clipping in game and would, in real life [were they real], simply not fit them).

I'm glad someone has brought this up finally. There is a very slim selection for us to choose from, but it clipping issues could be resolved, that would be great. Take Star Wars Galaxies for example, they managed to get their helmets to fit twi'leks, and even made special modifications to some pieces, making folds where the lekku come out.

I would love to see some of the hoods working correctly. Its very annoying getting something that has a hood to put it on and the hood completely disapears, especially if you pay real money from the cartel market to have these.

What bioware should be doing is making the hooded items have the lekku rest along your shoulders down the front of your chest.

Instead we are left with hoods on gear completely disapearing?

Also allot of closed helmets have the lekku sticking straight through the helmet, while not all of them do this really none of them should. If the helmet is on the head the lekku should just disapear. Its very annoying putting on a cool helmet and seeing the lekku stick out of the back as it looks completely out of place.

I know there has been issues with the lekku since alpha and understandably its not fair that bioware would spend extra time on race over another. However at the end of the day bioware choose to have twi'leks in the game meaning they should be correctly supported too. I almost feel there should be a disclaimer when creating a twi'lek that warns the user that many helmets and hoods do not work correctly with this race.

This also leaves me very little faith in bioware adding more races into the game, if there is still issues with one that has been in the game since launch how can we expect new ones to work correctly. Even more so since we will have to pay real money to unlock any future races.

This also leaves me very little faith in bioware adding more races into the game, if there is still issues with one that has been in the game since launch how can we expect new ones to work correctly. Even more so since we will have to pay real money to unlock any future races.

My money says they avoid races that are not fully humanoid.

That said, this joins the pile of things that have not worked correctly since alpha and seem to be left to rot. I mean, hell, they only JUST fixed the kiting issue that made the Foundry a joke.

I put in the suggestion box awhile ago an idea I thought might be easier than making all new helmets. Just make faceplate versions out of the current helmets available. In Clone Wars, Ahsoka goes into space with just a facemask on several occasions, so just make a 'mask' version. It would take some effort, of course, but it seems that from a design perspective it would require very minimal aesthetic consideration and many of them could just be rendered mechanically.

Alternatively, I wonder if the lekku could be left poking through but with the skintone changed to the same colorway as the helmet, thus simulating a helmet that extended to cover them without actually coding a structure to do so.

Twi'leks are my favourite race and five of my eight characters are twi'lek. I'd love to see hats for them but at the same time I can understand why devoting art and coding time to something that only makes a cosmetic difference to one species isn't a high priority.

The Imperial, Republic and cartel market dancer style dress hats work somewhat, the lekku poke through as if holes were cut for them. Not quite as sensible for helmets and such though.

Edited by LadyDrusilla