Can someone explain to me how companions work in KotFE?

Squeets

Not so much the new mechanics, but how old companions integrate with new companions? I can't find this information because googling KotFE and companions gives me a hundred million results about the changes to gear/roles and a list of some of the new companions...

So yeah...

Do we lose old companions? Do we keep all the old companions and get new ones, and have a metric fudge ton of companions in the end? If we lose our companions do we at least get to keep the ones we paid for (HK and Treek)?

Thanks

Edited by Squeets

2 versions of the game will be running - the version outside of KotFE which you keep all of your original companions who are not affected by KotFE at all, and the KotFE version of the game, where a bubble reality exists and all your "choices" stay within that realm.

Sadly this game will not go back to what is was in early testing where companions could betray / try to kill you, and you were forced to actually perma kill them.

2 versions of the game will be running - the version outside of KotFE which you keep all of your original companions who are not affected by KotFE at all, and the KotFE version of the game, where a bubble reality exists and all your "choices" stay within that realm.

Sadly this game will not go back to what is was in early testing where companions could betray / try to kill you, and you were forced to actually perma kill them.

So are the old companions exclusive to content outside of KotFE and vice versa for new companions within it?

Like can I take a new companion to do dailies in an old zone or no?

So are the old companions exclusive to content outside of KotFE and vice versa for new companions within it?

Like can I take a new companion to do dailies in an old zone or no?

"New" companions are for KotFE single-player story.

Nico will be available outside of the expansion though if you were able to get him.

"New" companions are for KotFE single-player story.

Nico will be available outside of the expansion though if you were able to get him.

Wait what? All these new people and they all go away when you finish KotFE? That seems rather silly.

well the "finish" will not be for about 1 year,there is either 16 or 18 "chapters" or the expansion, we get 10 on launch then 1 more each month.

We will get 9 on release and then pause and after January-February 1 chapter each month.

Naked gimps, very simple.

"Malavi? Be a peach and scavenge that droid for me will you?"

*Muffled pleading grunt around shock-collar/ball gag combo head gear*

"Now now, do I need to remind you why you wear that? And why you NEVER GET TO SPEAK TO ME AGAIN!?"

*Malavi starts scavenging droid*

"There's a good boy."

Where did they say we'd lose these new companions after the KotFE story finishes?

Well you won't have access to them outside of the story anyway, so "lose" is subjective.

It'll be like the past expansions with Lana, Theron, etc. They'll just do their own thing until BW decides to use them again or not.

Hmm I'd have killed Skadge right off if this were true.

Hmm I'd have killed Skadge right off if this were true.

It is true.

Ask anyone who has been here long enough to remember earlier testing or at least knew someone / read on the original forums about it.

The whining about people just killing companions for the hell of it, then realizing their healer, etc. was gone forever, killed that option. Watch early vids for the game where the dev team highlights this option along with choices that matter (sound familiar?), etc. Also note all the armors in the early vids that never made it to launch, lol.