level 70 boost - progression.

tacoknite

I decided to take a break from farming gear and since i played through assassin on release, boost an assassin to 70.

I am a little confused because the hutt cartel story is listed and dread war but nothing else and i have my alliance base. where am i in terms of progression? I ask this because i do not have senya or arcann as companions, do i get them somehow or do i have to do kotet all over again?

I have a ton of alerts for companions and started them, i stopped when i got to the second to last boss in the arena (tried it a few times and gave up). Do all these companion alerts send you on really long quests? if so, i'll break them down into playsessions.

is there anything else of importance when using this boost that i should know? I am only 71, doing a bit of onslaught and a couple campaign alerts.

I am a little confused because the hutt cartel story is listed and dread war but nothing else and i have my alliance base. where am i in terms of progression? I ask this because i do not have senya or arcann as companions, do i get them somehow or do i have to do kotet all over again?

I'm not that familiar with the "start at 70" boost, but I assume that certain default choices have been made with regard to companions. Others who know more can answer better.

I have a ton of alerts for companions and started them, i stopped when i got to the second to last boss in the arena (tried it a few times and gave up). Do all these companion alerts send you on really long quests?

The various alerts have different quests to get the companions. Some are longer than others. One involves PvP (M1-4X) and one, the Raghoul event (Dr. Lokin). The rest are just basic quests if I recall.

It sounds like you are doing the Bowdaar alert. To get Bowdaar, you just need to get his influence to level 10. Each time you do part of the arena you can turn the partial results in to get some influence with Bowdaar. You don't have to complete the arena to get him - just accumulate enough influence.

is there anything else of importance when using this boost that i should know? I am only 71, doing a bit of onslaught and a couple campaign alerts.

You should read up on the boost a bit more, but basically, the boost locks you out of the "story" (but not the planets where the story happens) and default choices are made with regard to some companions.

Edited by JediQuaker

I'm not that familiar with the "start at 70" boost, but I assume that certain default choices have been made with regard to companions. Others who know more can answer better.

A start-at-70 character begins at the beginning of Jedi Under Siege (at the beginning of the Inflection Point introduction mission), with the same presets as any start-earlier-than-70 that skipped over content to reach JUS:

* Pubsiders took light decisions, saved a Twi'lek instead of a Mandalorian, and advocated peace (but peace is a light decision, so you'd expect that).

* Impsiders (including OP's Assassin) took mostly dark decisions.

The mostly dark nature of Impsiders means:

* Koth, Senya, and Arcann are dead.

* They save a Mandalorian instead of a Twi'lek (except Sith Warriors, who follow the Pubside method there).

* Despite it being Light, Agents allow a pushy droid to merge with a planet.

* Despite it being Light, Impsiders allow an anarchist and a Special Forces catmander to live.

* Despite it being Light, Impsiders allow a former Republic spy best known for his shoulders and his poor taste in haircuts to live.

All "earlier" romances are in "never-happened" mode, so an Assassin who wants to romance a companion is (so far) stuck with a certain Morose Monster.

None of these decisions can be reversed for that character.

A start-at-70 character begins at the beginning of Jedi Under Siege (at the beginning of the Inflection Point introduction mission), with the same presets as any start-earlier-than-70 that skipped over content to reach JUS:

* Pubsiders took light decisions, saved a Twi'lek instead of a Mandalorian, and advocated peace (but peace is a light decision, so you'd expect that).

* Impsiders (including OP's Assassin) took mostly dark decisions.

The mostly dark nature of Impsiders means:

* Koth, Senya, and Arcann are dead.

* They save a Mandalorian instead of a Twi'lek (except Sith Warriors, who follow the Pubside method there).

* Despite it being Light, Agents allow a pushy droid to merge with a planet.

* Despite it being Light, Impsiders allow an anarchist and a Special Forces catmander to live.

* Despite it being Light, Impsiders allow a former Republic spy best known for his shoulders and his poor taste in haircuts to live.

All "earlier" romances are in "never-happened" mode, so an Assassin who wants to romance a companion is (so far) stuck with a certain Morose Monster.

None of these decisions can be reversed for that character.

thanks, i noticed this last night when going through the companions that they was ded. Senya was one of my favorites, and on my normal leveling i saved the ones i liked and discarded the ones i didn't. Koth, senya, vette gone make me kinda upset and i may just toss the character and level my 50 assassin.

I am using kira, the story stops waiting on a ship to intercept. Is kira going to stick around before i use her extensively?

I am using kira, the story stops waiting on a ship to intercept. Is kira going to stick around before i use her extensively?

Nobody outside BioWare knows for sure. What we do know is in the spoiler box:

* On a Jedi Knight, the text says that she has returned.

* On a Sith Warrior, the text says that she's agreed to work with us until the situation is resolved.

* On other classes, it says something that I haven't checked on yet.

It is in no way clear, therefore, what happens after.

I'll check what that thing says for some other classes(1) in a few minutes and post another reply.

(1) Trooper, Jedi Consular, Smuggler, Sith Inquisitor.