The REAL Most Powerful Sith Lightsaber Duelists

Beniboybling

You are absolutely correct about that. (see, i have no problem admitting it when it's true)

However i refuse to believe that the sith protagonist of a huge and important timeline of the SW universe is something less than a hugely powerful badas$.

It's all relative. ;)

I don't doubt She's powerful, but there's nothing to back it up.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't doubt She's powerful, but there's nothing to back it up.

You must not look at these characters as cards in a card and dice game with abilities written on the back of the card for each character.This is something the ''color team'' is very guilty of.

Edited by Kaedusz

You must not look at these characters as cards in a card and dice game with abilities written on the back of the card for each character.This is something the ''color team'' is very guilty of.

Heh....

And yet you're refusing to listen believe non-canon routes.... So what you're saying is, when it suits you, don't look at them like they're black and white, but when it doesn't, do.

[

And yet you're refusing to listen believe non-canon routes.... So what you're saying is, when it suits you, don't look at them like they're black and white, but when it doesn't, do.

The card game method is used in a different context compared to the ''canon statements'' method.

Anyway....

Despite the fact that my opinion is most often similar to the color team's(with the obvious antagonisms like Sidious <-> Vitiate and a few others) the process thanks to which they/you reach a certain conclusion is very wrong imo.

Not that it matters,just wanted to point it out.

Edited by Kaedusz

I don't think the SWTOR Sith Warrior should be dismissed, that seems silly. Considering that this is supposed to be a list of the most powerful Sith lightsaber duelists, and the SW is the physical epitome of everything Sith and lightsaber-wielding.

I mean, come on. You don't get Emperor's Wrath for nothing. Heck, Malgus didn't get that honor. We can also look to the fact that the SW didn't use any manipulation or subtle politics to gain power in the Empire. He simply killed stuff and refused to be killed.

If you want solid, cannon proof, the SW defeats Darth Baras. Darth Baras is a lightsaber duelist on par with Satele Shan. That's the "proof" we do have that the SW is no joke.

Does this mean they should be #7? No. But it looks to me like there aren't many Sith actually being considered for this list currently, and to exclude the being that was literally designed to be the best of the best of all things Sith and lightsaber-y seems a little bit foolish.

If there's going to be a reason why the SW shouldn't be included, at least make it legit instead of brushing them off as having too little cannon. Because, according to cannon, the SW exists. And therefore, we can't dismiss the SW on grounds of there not being enough cannon.

Also, check out the Wookieepedia page about them for more info: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Emperor's_Wrath_(Cold_War)

And also this quote:

The Wrath is a master of the lightsaber, whose skills outclass even the oldest of Jedi Masters and senior Dark Council members. Lightsaber forms vary between Ataru, Juyo, Shien, Soresu and Shii-Cho.
Edited by Warren-Stride

I don't think the SWTOR Sith Warrior should be dismissed, that seems silly. Considering that this is supposed to be a list of the most powerful Sith lightsaber duelists, and the SW is the physical epitome of everything Sith and lightsaber-wielding.

I mean, come on. You don't get Emperor's Wrath for nothing. Heck, Malgus didn't get that honor. We can also look to the fact that the SW didn't use any manipulation or subtle politics to gain power in the Empire. He simply killed stuff and refused to be killed.

If you want solid, cannon proof, the SW defeats Darth Baras. Darth Baras is a lightsaber duelist on par with Satele Shan. That's the "proof" we do have that the SW is no joke.

Does this mean they should be #7? No. But it looks to me like there aren't many Sith actually being considered for this list currently, and to exclude the being that was literally designed to be the best of the best of all things Sith and lightsaber-y seems a little bit foolish.

If there's going to be a reason why the SW shouldn't be included, at least make it legit instead of brushing them off as having too little cannon. Because, according to cannon, the SW exists. And therefore, we can't dismiss the SW on grounds of there not being enough cannon.

Also, check out the Wookieepedia page about them for more info: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Emperor's_Wrath_(Cold_War)

And also this quote:

And that isn't a legit reason? Has the entirety of the Ancient Sith Order not been excluded due to lack of information, and the Dark Council as well? I agree with Selenial on this one, we don't possess enough information to say anything specific about this character. Just like we cannot say anything about the Hero of Tython.

Like Sel said I don't doubt her ability, but really we can't go any further than saying "she's skilled." I mean what exactly do we know? She was (probably) a master of Shii-Cho, Soresu, Shien and Juyo. OK but to what extent, better than Bane? Maybe. Better than Kas'im? Perhaps. Better than Krayt? What shall we flip a coin or something?

Resorting to guess work and speculation is not healthy for a list designed to be specific, and its for that reason that I propose that such characters should be excluded until further information comes to light. This is not to say they do not deserve a place on the list, but currently we can't say where they should be placed.

P.S. Nice to see you back! :p

Edited by Beniboybling

You are absolutely correct about that. (see, i have no problem admitting it when it's true)

However i refuse to believe that the sith protagonist of a huge and important timeline of the SW universe is something less than a hugely powerful badas$.Especialy when we are talking about some1 that is supposed to be second in power only to Vitiate - in the original and genuine !SITH! Empire.Especially that the game made it clear that lightsaber skills is a huge part of what made him second only to Vitiate.

I agree with that, but we don't know how much of a bad@ss she was do we?

Perhaps in relation to that specific era, but nowhere else. And here in lies the problem, we can't rank her.

And that isn't a legit reason? Has the entirety of the Ancient Sith Order not been excluded due to lack of information, and the Dark Council as well? I agree with Selenial on this one, we don't possess enough information to say anything specific about this character. Just like we cannot say anything about the Hero of Tython.

Like Sel said I don't doubt her ability, but really we can't go any further than saying "she's skilled." I mean what exactly do we know? She was (probably) a master of Shii-Cho, Soresu, Shien and Juyo. OK but to what extent, better than Bane? Maybe. Better than Kas'im? Perhaps. Better than Krayt? What shall we flip a coin or something?

Resorting to guess work and speculation is not healthy for a list designed to be specific, and its for that reason that I propose that such characters should be excluded until further information comes to light. This is not to say they do not deserve a place on the list, but currently we can't say where they should be placed.

Pretty much this.

Also, just because she best Baras, and Baras is meant to be better than Satele, doesn't mean she's better than Satele... Some forms take on other forms better than others...

But yeh, we can't say how high she should be so I say we just let it pass.

This is not to say they do not deserve a place on the list, but currently we can't say where they should be placed.

Alright, alright, fair enough. Still, it just feels wrong to have a list of the best without the ultimate SW. Oh well. I personally can't wait for cannon identities of the eight epic heroes of SWTOR to be revealed. Though, I doubt that will ever happen because then it takes away some of the personal experience of having a player's character be that hero. Sad to think we may have to wait until SWTOR dies to learn the truth.

Thanks! I was never really gone, just observing from the shadows. Got a bit lost on the last Kaggath and decided to let y'all have at it for a while. Don't worry, I'll always be here... waiting.... and watching.... :jawa_evil:

Ok... why do you keep calling the warrior protagonist a she? Did i miss something about a confirmed canon gender statement somewhere?

I strongly doubt that has been confirmed. People just use the pronoun they associate with their own vision, I assume. For example, on my post about the SW, I tried to stay neutral with "them/they" but slipped and put a "he" on there too. Because in my mind, the SW is a he. But it other people's mind, they're a she. Doesn't really matter.

So people can call the Sith Warrior a he, but not a she? ok.

That's not constructive, and not what Kaedusz meant.

Edited by Warren-Stride

Ok... why do you keep calling the warrior protagonist a she? Did i miss something about a confirmed canon gender statement somewhere?
LOL, that's a little sexist. Just because the SWs gender hasn't be confirmed doesn't mean we should de facto refer to her as a he. This is the 21st Century Kaedusz. Thought that would kinda be obvious...

Anyways my Sith Warrior is female, so yeah.

Edited by Beniboybling

Thanks! I was never really gone, just observing from the shadows. Got a bit lost on the last Kaggath and decided to let y'all have at it for a while. Don't worry, I'll always be here... waiting.... and watching.... :jawa_evil:
I knew it. :p Edited by Beniboybling

Alright, alright, fair enough. Still, it just feels wrong to have a list of the best without the ultimate SW. Oh well. I personally can't wait for cannon identities of the eight epic heroes of SWTOR to be revealed. Though, I doubt that will ever happen because then it takes away some of the personal experience of having a player's character be that hero. Sad to think we may have to wait until SWTOR dies to learn the truth.
Well ultimately its questionable whether he/she/it would make it. On the credentials we have its unlikely he/she/it is better than Krayt or Kas'im. And that leaves Ulic and Bane. Who are prodigies in their own right.

Seems to be the SW was more than a raw powerhouse than a refined duelist. I mean just look at Lord Scourge, he wasn't exactly amazing was he? But he was powerful. I think the same can be said of Sith Warrior's across the board.

LOL, that's a little sexist.

You are ,as most of the time,getting ahead of yourself.

A few people in a row called the warrior a she,so it was a genuine question.

Also how is expecting him to be a he , sexist?Sexist means somehow i think women are inferior to men ,which is absurd and can't drawn out of whatever context you can put my question in.

Edited by Kaedusz

Also how is expecting him to be a he , sexist?Sexist means somehow i think women are inferior to men ,which is absurd and can't drawn out of whatever context you can put my question in.

Ahah.

No, the fact you call her a he in your posts, and then as soon as someone says she you ask, is sexist.

Like you're saying calling her he is normal, but she is not.

Like you're saying calling her he is normal, but she is not.

That's the first time i see more than 1 people in a row call him a she that's why i asked .

Most people call him a he because of the story and the air about the character.It's the same with Nox, i am expecting him to be she.I have seen Nox being referred to as a she more often than the warrior.Nothing sexist in the whole picture.

Edited by Kaedusz

I didn't mean it seriously, I just found it funny how you provided a literal textbook example of the whole "he she debate".

So... are there any candidates for #8 being discussed, or am I confusing this thread with another one? Because I'm fairly certain that neither the word he, nor the word she can battle with Lightsabers.

Although, on the point of being sexist, this list is with 99% probabilty going to end up all male, right?