Training for -29, -30, -31 item mods?

swtonewbie

Hey everybody,

I have a 450 Cybertech and so far i have gotten the -28 armoring and -28 mods i need. Where/how do i get schematics for 29/30/31 armoring and mods? or whatever the next highest tier is for trainer learned schematics? Are those FP or OP drops only?

Got some answers in game, but i want to be sure i understand this.

In order to be able to craft a Reflex Armoring 30 i have to find the armoring first and then RE it?

So regardless of how i get it (GTN/drop/Lekku dances at the Cantina) does it work just like normal REing? if i get a premium quality -30 mod, REing it gives me a 20% chance to learn prototype -30?

What qualities are even available for me to RE? can i get premium, prototype and artifact? or is it just proto and art? or is it just artifact available out there for me to RE?

thanks

They are initially learned by REing loot drops from 55 ops and 55 fps. the ones you buy off the GTN were crafted from those schems, but i think you need to place the mods in orange gear first, then remove the mods in order to RE them yourself. So its either farm the pve content or buy, install, remove until you finally learn the schematic.

To the best of my knowledge, those drops only come as artifact, since the original gear is from ops and fps. on my artificer, REing relics like dread guard relics gives a 20% chance so I'm assuming its a 20% chance for all those things to learn the purple (artifact) version. You don't have to go through all the iterations of green-blue-purple like you do for trainer-based mods.

Edited by phalczen

I was actually hoping there was a way to RE premium 30/31 into prototype or prototype into artifact.

I dont raid anymore and i dont farm dailies for credits or do crafting for credits anymore too. I'm pretty much casual right now, so it looks like i will just gear my toons and comps with prototype or artifact -28 stuff. And i guess there it basic comms stuff too, which i can farm on my toons that i will play a lot of level cap.

ty for the info

Edited by swtonewbie

My method is to use the dreadseed bot to find green level 53 mods.

You need a craft rating of 430 to RE them. Still a 20% chance to learn the blue schem.

To RE mods a player has crafted (guildie, GTM) and learn a schem, you need to load the

mod into orange gear and rip it out. You must make it bound before you can learn the upgrade.

I have only started with green hilts, mods, and enhancements. Not certain on REing blues and purples.

My method is to use the dreadseed bot to find green level 53 mods.

You need a craft rating of 430 to RE them. Still a 20% chance to learn the blue schem.

To RE mods a player has crafted (guildie, GTM) and learn a schem, you need to load the

mod into orange gear and rip it out. You must make it bound before you can learn the upgrade.

I have only started with green hilts, mods, and enhancements. Not certain on REing blues and purples.

I've heard about the second part where you have to have it bound before you can RE.

But what exactly do you mean by the 'dreadseed bot'? is that a mob in Makeb that you can farm? or is that something to do with the seeker droid or the binocs?

He is referring to a quest item , the Seeker Droid , that you can obtain from a quest from Makeb , with this droid, you can go to different planets ( Tatooine ; Corelia ; Hoth ; etc. ) at specified locations and use him to dig up different items among which there are green armorings and mods , which you will be able to RE after you make them bound.

I haven't found any green 28's from the seeker droid that could actually be learned that weren't already on the Cybertech trainer.... there was definitely a /facepalm moment for me when I realised that Initiative 28 was on the trainer after I'd spent about 40k buying up greens from GTN.

Also, I haven't seen any 29's of any sort anywhere.

30's and 31's can come from Operations drops, or more commonly from stuff bought from the Elite and Ultimate commendation vendors, but some of those are ONLY available as operation drops and are (were) much much rarer -- there were zero crafters for any Willpower hilts on The Red Eclipse till last Thursday/Friday because there is no Willpower offhand available for Commendations.

I wish I'd seen this thread before I bought Advanced Cybertech (and Underworld Trading, and Scavenging). :(

Ah, well. Cost a few thousand credits, but lesson learned. Glad I saw this now, though.

Is it a similar situation for the other Advanced Crafting, and Gathering skills, i.e., no more "just buy schematics from Trainer?" 401 - 450 crafting schematics can only be learned in the same manner as Cybertech?

I wish I'd seen this thread before I bought Advanced Cybertech (and Underworld Trading, and Scavenging). :(

Ah, well. Cost a few thousand credits, but lesson learned. Glad I saw this now, though.

Is it a similar situation for the other Advanced Crafting, and Gathering skills, i.e., no more "just buy schematics from Trainer?" 401 - 450 crafting schematics can only be learned in the same manner as Cybertech?

FP and OP's level mods have always had to go this route. You get trainable schematics up to a certain point, but the only way you can craft end game gear is to actually do end game content or pay through the nose to those who have.

Once you learn mods beyond the top trainer stuff, you'll still need crafting materials that are only available through...you guessed it...HM OPs.

You still get trained schematics from 401 to 450, just not for OP's and FP level gear.

FP and OP's level mods have always had to go this route. You get trainable schematics up to a certain point, but the only way you can craft end game gear is to actually do end game content or pay through the nose to those who have.

Once you learn mods beyond the top trainer stuff, you'll still need crafting materials that are only available through...you guessed it...HM OPs.

You still get trained schematics from 401 to 450, just not for OP's and FP level gear.

Thanks for the response. I'm still learning about 401 - 450 crafting. Needing to run HM OPs to get materials to craft items that are a good idea to wear when running HM OPs ... as I'm typing this, I'm hoping that I'm misunderstanding something.

I have another level 50 character, this one with Biochem. Before I purchased Advanced Cybertech for my alt, I first tried to get Advanced Biochem for my other level 50 character. Although my Biochem character is level 50, with 400 in Biochem, Advanced Biochem was not offered by the Biochem Trainer.

Is that a bug, or is it that Advanced Biochem is just not offered?

Is that a bug, or is it that Advanced Biochem is just not offered?

It does exist as I have it. First you have to buy RotHC, which you seem you have done or the Adv Cyber won't be available to you. Try again at the Fleet Crew skills vendor, it should be at the top of the list. If it isn't there, try creating 1 more level 6 item and then go back to the vendor.

It does exist as I have it. First you have to buy RotHC, which you seem you have done or the Adv Cyber won't be available to you. Try again at the Fleet Crew skills vendor, it should be at the top of the list. If it isn't there, try creating 1 more level 6 item and then go back to the vendor.

Thank you for responding! I logged off, closed the game, and logged on again. This time, I saw Advanced Biochem with the Trainer. :)

It wasn't at the top of the list. It was down the list a bit, after Adrenals.

Edited by Nmyownworld

• 2 months later...
Gear called "Black Market ...." is available if you run Level 55 Hard Mode flashpoints. It is available as direct drops, and ALSO by running those FPs and collecting Elite Commendations, then buying the Black Market items from the Elite Gear vendor on fleet. This gear has a required level of 55, and the armorings, mods, enhancements in them are grade 69. This gear does NOT have the set bonus that is found on Arkanian (grade 69) or Underworld (grade 72) gear. With a VERY few exceptions Arkanian and Underworld gear is only available in Level 55 Operations (Arkanian from SM, Underworld from HM). The exception I can think of is running the Flashpoint Czerka Core Meltdown in Hard Mode will result in an Arkanian earpiece drop from the last boss. Edited by WolfpackAW
added information

Thank you for the answer. I appreciate it.

The following rant is not aimed at the players.. it is intended for the devs... (it's not just a rant, it also contains suggestions and thoughts for you to consider)

So basically there is no way for casual players to get level 55 gear then.

Game breaking IMO :(

So this has made it virtually impossible for unguilded casual players to even get gear so they can handle lvl 55 solo content.

Don't say just get an active guild. It has been my experience that active guilds that do end game content successfully, want geared people. Casual players, especially those that can't commit to showing for raids are not welcome.

I have been looking for months for a guild and have not had any luck finding one.

My play-style includes mostly farming for materials and crafting.. I have no real interest in sacrificing my limited strength on endless failed pugs. I would like to at least to be able to make myself pre-end game gear. Shouldn't there be access to armoring and stuff like that. right now there is stuff ending with 28.. then there is 31.. what happened to the numbers in between? Seriously, all I want is to be able to upgrade my mod-able gear enough to solo effectively. I have spent a lot of time, effort and coin on my collections only to find them now useless.

Devs, please take into consideration the many players who do not have the time or health to go through what it now takes to kit ourselves out to an acceptable pre-endgame state. Not everyone has the time, energy or desire to go to the lengths now required to make higher than level 53 modifications for our gear.

Right now you are ignoring an ever growing contingent of MMOs.. retirees. Many have health issues that prevent the energy outlay that end game takes.. but we do have time and money which we like to spend on things that are relaxing and fun. Flashpoints, operations and anything hard-mode is horrifying to most of us, not fun.

I have been gaming for near 2 decades now and really love the wonderful worlds and stories to explore. I used to enjoy end-game, but as age has further taken it's toll, I am finding it just takes too much out of me and is no longer fun at all.

It would be nice if a gaming company would just once allow an avenue of max level play that was not based on becoming leet. Crafting, solo stories, fun stuff to explore, solo achievements, collecting things, etc are some things that keep us playing. Especially crafting which is always what has driven me to level. But with this model, that has been taken away. It is an impossible wall for some of us. Please allow us to be able to make level 55 gear that does not require running dungeons. I don't expect it to be as good as what the end-gamers have.. just sufficient for solo play for those of us with limitations.

P.S. It is also causing an imbalance in the economy. But that is another subject that I will not go into here.

So basically there is no way for casual players to get level 55 gear then.

Game breaking IMO :(

you are talking a load of rubbish. Any level 55 player can get L66 purple mods without doing ANY group content whatsoever.

Level 69 can be bought with credits but why would you even need L69 gear if you are unwilling to run HM FPs and OPs. No dailies require level 69 gear...

Level 30 and 31 gear (69&72) is not essential in anyway if all you are going to do is run around doing dailies and never doing Ops bosses, HM FPs.

Sooooo.. whats your point? Tell me what solo content needs mods/armor past 66

@DragonArt - I would contend that Hard Mode level 55 flashpoints are PRECISELY the way that casual players can get level 55 gear. I believe that's exactly the way the developers intended. HM Level 55 FPs do not require any pre-coordination as they can be done through Group Finder. You don't need level 55 gear to run them either. Give it a try, you might be surprised.

DragonArt,

You are under several very false impressions:

First of all, farming materials is a major waste of time. Your time would be better spent sending your companions on missions and you doing daily quests. The quests would more than cover the expense. And as most gathering skill materials are valued higher on the GTM than they cost running missions, you can sell what you don't use and still profit.

Second, you can craft pre-end game gear: grade 28/66 artifact quality item modifications are entry level end game gear. Basic Commendation gear is grade 28. Anyone who wants to run SMOPs works to get grade 28 gear. It is only when you get into HM Explosive Conflict and above that grade 30 and above become necessary. If all you ever want to do is explore the story behind the various operations (run SMs), grade 28 gear is sufficient to get started.

Third, sorry for being so blunt, but if you cannot solo effectively at level 55 in grade 28/66 gear then the problem is with you, not the gear. And if 55HMFPs are consistently failing when you do them, maybe it is you not the rest of the group.

The reponse to Dragonart's suggestion is the same one we hear time and again.

A variiation of You Do Not Need it.

Dragonart -

I have been in raid guilds in past years so I know that the real reasons others do not want you to have better gear.

1. IF you can put together higher level gear with out running HM, FPs and OPs - then the efforts other people make in groups to get gear has less value.

2. People with higher level gear really enjoy comparing themselves to others and feeling superior.

Troll all you want - the above two items are the real reasons.

Yes - SWTOR could narrow the gap between the best gear and the gear you can make.

Yes - narrowing the gap might allow you to solo higher level content - that sounds like fun to me.

Yes - I am an Oldfrt also

you are talking a load of rubbish. Any level 55 player can get L66 purple mods without doing ANY group content whatsoever.

Level 69 can be bought with credits but why would you even need L69 gear if you are unwilling to run HM FPs and OPs. No dailies require level 69 gear...

Level 30 and 31 gear (69&72) is not essential in anyway if all you are going to do is run around doing dailies and never doing Ops bosses, HM FPs.

Sooooo.. whats your point? Tell me what solo content needs mods/armor past 66

I was not asking for 30 and 31. I know I don't need it.

Where can one buy level 69 stuff?

Most of you are missing my point anyway. But I am guessing you don't want people around that have disabilities that make them slower.. ie makes things tougher for them. That is why I do not have a guild and do not run group stuff.. I do not want to be a hinderance. I just want to be able to solo normal stuff (limitations considered). I am not alone in this wish. There are more and more seniors entering the gaming world.. I am just asking the devs to keep in mind that not everyone is young and healthy with quick reflexes and vision etc. End game is not the be all to everyone.

I know they have to make most things challenging for the young.. keeps them interested. I wouldn't want that any other way.

I would like to be able to craft things though. That is what I enjoy most.

(In many cultures in the real world.. crafting things was left to the elders because that way they could still be useful while the young did the hunting.)

---

P.S. in response to a couple of not so nice shots at me here.. I have years of experience in high end raiding guilds so I am not clueless.. I was one of the core and led raid groups as well.. very successfully. Don't assume I don't know what I am doing. (that was in DAOC in it's heyday and in Vanilla WoW.)

Lately though, it is just too hard and stressful for me to do that regularly. But, I have been lucky enough to find people with the patience to go slower and explain things so that I have had opportunities to do some end game stuff recently. I did very well, despite my crappy gear. Placing in the top 3 DPS in 20 man raids.. (this was in Rift - a few weeks ago. I am welcome to raid with them anytime.. just never feel up to it.)

Before you say to go back to those games though.. I do like SWTOR a lot. I love the stories and the innovative companion system. I have very much enjoyed leveling several characters and hope to level at least one of every class.

Someone please correct me if I am wrong, but here's my response:

69 gear = 30 gear

72 gear = 31 gear

for example:

Advanced Adept Enhancement 30 (the title of a particular enhancement) - when you "mouse over" this item on your character sheet, it shows as a grade 69 enhancement (as long as you have the "detailed item tooltips" option enabled). Same goes for armorings, mods, etc.

This enhancement can be purchased using credits on the GTN - there won't be very many at any one time (at least in my experience). But it CAN be purchased, for a non-trivial amount of credits.

This enhancement and armorings, mods, barrels, hilts of a similar grade can all be purchased on the GTN and placed in any shell of your choice. OR, you can collect the appropriate materials and have a crafter make these items for you.

IF you choose to run group content, you can run Hard Mode Level 55 flashpoints and get Elite Commendations and purchase this 69/30 gear from the Elite gear vendor. The whole piece (such as a chestpiece) has the title (for example) Black Market Targeter's MK-1 Jacket.

Feel free to PM me if you have additional questions. I will be happy to walk you through more of this type of stuff.

Hope this helps.

Edited by WolfpackAW
typographical

Let me first apologize. The fact of the matter is that there are many who post here with similar requests and many of us jumped to the conclusion that all you wanted was an easier path to the best gear. Thank you for the clarification.

Let me also say, that I am very much like you. I did the hardcore raiding thing years ago (EQ1). I became more casual due to the toll it was taking and additional work and social obligations. I have a physical disability (Cerebral Paulsey) albeit mild. And I too find crafting in these games incredibly enjoyable.

To answer your question you can acquire grade 69 item modifications either through running 55HMFPs and accumulating elite commendations (and then buying gear with the armoring, mod, and enhancement inside) or they are available on the GTM. They generally run several hundred thousand credits each though. If you want to learn how to craft them, you can reverse engineer the stuff you buy and like everything else you have a 20% to learn the schematic. That being said, the "special materials" to craft grade 30/69 can be expensive in and of themselves: Mass Manipulation Generators are the most costly. Honestly, the only reason to learn those schematics at this point is because you can (being a "completionist") not because the ability to craft them has any value. I have a handful of the 30/69 schematics but I have never actually crafted any of them because it is too costly to do so.

Personally, I have stuck with crafting and selling the grade 66 stuff. You'd be surprised how well it moves.

Edited by psandak