"Darths" in SWTOR (How common?)

Rasmaul

Sorry if this had been asked before, but I am curious if there is any mention as to how a sith becomes a "Darth" during this era? I am pretty sure it is no small feat to accomplish, but coming from an RP server you see more "Darths" than you know what to do with.

I guess to put it simply:

- Is there a standard procedure to become a Darth? If so what are they?

It really depends.

A Sith could rise to Darth via political manipulations, assassinating their rivals, doing something that benefits the Empire, leading successful military campaigns or even plain old nepotism.

Being a Darth doesn't make you the supreme ****** Sith though. You still have to answer to the Dark Council

Sorry if this had been asked before, but I am curious if there is any mention as to how a sith becomes a "Darth" during this era? I am pretty sure it is no small feat to accomplish, but coming from an RP server you see more "Darths" than you know what to do with.

I guess to put it simply:

- Is there a standard procedure to become a Darth? If so what are they?

You have to also take it with a grain of salt. Strictly speaking, there are only 8 characters in the SWTOR story. Every Sith Inquisitor you see is actually the same person :-p They went through an identical story, apprencticed to the same master, got the same accolades.

There is ONLY ONE Barsen'thor (or however it is spelled) in the entire Jedi Order... it just happens to be every single Consular who finishes Chapter 1 :D

Think this is more of the answer you're looking for...

for Sith Inquisitor's, at the end of your storyline, you kill the Darth you've been chasing for two acts and get the title. So yes, it's a pretty standard process. I think Sith warriors are the same type of process.

I don't really know how Darths are created. A person becomes a Lord when they've finished their apprenticeship, but we only get two examples of someone becoming a Darth, both of which were given the title by the Dark Council in unusual circumstances.

Thanks for the responses! Luckily I have not run into anyone trying to claim to be the character from their story line, but there are a lot of individuals who still wield the Darth title for their sith. I was just curious how possible it was for more sith to become a Darth. That being said I do take it with a grain of salt because the sheer number of Darths that hang out in the cantina on the fleet would crash it planet-side.

Thanks for the responses! Luckily I have not run into anyone trying to claim to be the character from their story line, but there are a lot of individuals who still wield the Darth title for their sith. I was just curious how possible it was for more sith to become a Darth. That being said I do take it with a grain of salt because the sheer number of Darths that hang out in the cantina on the fleet would crash it planet-side.

"Luckily?" Who else would you be? I simply assume every other Consular is simply reliving my greatest hits. Perhaps you have a different definition for RPG :p

"Luckily?" Who else would you be? I simply assume every other Consular is simply reliving my greatest hits. Perhaps you have a different definition for RPG :p

Well as I said I am on an RP server, if everyone ran around role playing the same character it would be maddening. I love the story Bioware has created for the characters, but if everyone claimed to be the apprentice of Darth Baras then things just wouldn't work.

Remember also that in this point in the timeline, there is no Rule of Two, and literally thousands of jedi and sith exist all across the galaxy. Darth is taken as a title for those of the highest ranks, but not all Darths are on the Dark Council. Darth Malgus is a good example - he commands the title but has none of the political clout of the council. There could certainly be others like him and in vast quantities. I see 'Darth' as a fairly common title in our timeline - any sith who survives long enough, and has enough power to overthrow his master will eventually earn the Darth title.

Try this link: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Darth

Has some nice info about the usage and how it is gained in the different Star Wars time periods.

I like Kas'im's explanation. That the title of Darth isn't so much bestowed as it is taken on by an individual Sith as a title to be challenged.

I'd even say

The Council doesn't bestow the Darth title unto the Inquisitor so much as they bestow the position of Council Member upon him/her. Darths upon the Council are a step above the regular Darths.

I didn't think Lord was even a title until this game. I was pretty sure Darth was equivalent to Jedi Knight for the Sith. All Sith, including apprentice were referred to as lord by non-Sith. That's why Imperials always refer to Vader as Lord.

When the game started moving towards saying my Sith was being "promoted" to Lord. I was like B/S! You get me that Darth title right now!

The best way to see it is like the Feudal System. 1 Emperor->12 Council Members-> Darths, I get the feeling somewhere around 500 or so->Lords, this number could be anywhere, but using my earlier estimate, maybe 1200->Apprentices, tens of thousands.