Collectors edition vendor

belizar

they are spineless and clueless in addition to liars.

I can't believe this is Bioware we are talking about, it's pretty pathetic how low their reputation has sunk in a little over a year. EA has tarnished their image forever. If they have any balls they would fight to reclaim the community's trust, by starting with honesty and then working on coming up with a proper solution to the CE Vendor.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe this is Bioware we are talking about, it's pretty pathetic how low their reputation has sunk in a little over a year. EA has tarnished their image forever. If they have any balls they would fight to reclaim the community's trust, by starting with honesty and then working on coming up with a proper solution to the CE Vendor.

So sad, and yet so true.

Making unique models for NPC's would have been duplicating work & completely unecesary. And that's not what they did.

(Keep in mind that the model itself is transparent ~ and when you remove your gear pieces your model is automatically clothed in it's "naked" gear)

The game uses a limited number of models ~ the player models, Jawa, Wookie Rescaled versions of those wire frames are used by NPC's & Bosses. Children on Corsuscant & SOA are examples of that. #2 male and 2 of the female wireframes are the same. The #1 female & the tall femle wireframe are the same - only a different scale.

Even the droid mobs & Eshkah are using the #2 & #3 wireframes - notice the Eshkah ankles don't move. Pull out c2-n2 & see how the model hinges as it moves ~ you can clearly tell where the artwork is attached to the models.

They've simply dressed player models in custom gear appearances to make the NPCs. The eshkah head is just a hat & the lower legs are just boots. Same with the bipedal droids.

The Talz use the wookie model - the heads are hats & some of their fur gear pieces are recolors.

mobs also use

1) 4 legged animal low (sleen)

2) bat model

3) slug model

4) 6 legged animal

5) 4 legged animal high (wraid)

6) rancor

7) probe droid

9) Hutt

They did this to limit the duplicate emotes, weapon animations, and death animations. Outside of elites/ WB & flashpoint bosses nearly all the models are the same scale. It's tough to find an NPC that isn't exactly the same shape and size as a model used by players or companions, and you can clearly see that the ones that are larger or smaller - are just rescaled.

Their complete silence and avoidance on this issue is an example of just had badly the company is ran.

There is ZERO , zero reason for them to not at least acknowledge they fell down on this and apologize that they don't have the resources or funds to do anything about it. A little honesty goes a long ways.

Instead they are spineless and clueless in addition to liars.

umm they have already said they will add more to the CE vendor

chill out

chill out

yeah they will do more, they will just add another color speeder or pet and call it a day. and don't even ask "when?"

because "soon" could mean tomorrow or in 2 years with this company

One can only hope :(

That's because it is not Bioware. Bioware Austin is actually EA Austin and consists of refugees from Warhammer and Daoc, for example Jeff Hickman. Except for some visits by the doctors this studio is entirely EA founded with the Bioware name slapped on it.

This is common knowledge, Bioware was dead the moment they sold out to EA.

chill out

They said it a year ago and silence and ignoring the thread since.

You have pretty low standards for what you think is acceptable.

Still sadly amused they are too scared to touch this thread.

I guess they know they have zero legit excuses to make , and dont want to admit they will spend zero effort fulfilling a promise they made for CE buyers , if its not going in the cartel market they arent going to bother with it.

No one at Bioware has a spine otherwise it wouldnt have been a year since a post was made in this thread from a Bioware employee.

Was really excited when the news about 2.0 on the PTS came up. Did the same like I always do when the PTS is up: Log in, head to the VIP-Area and check the stuff on the CE-Vendor.

But oh well, the same like always: NOTHING NEW!

I really should start accepting the fact, that they just lied to us and do not care about the brave CE-buyers. :mad:

Remember few months back someone sent us a link to the German forum section where there was a yellow response about the CE vendor updates not coming in the future?

Could yas help me find the link to that, because that was few months ago and I was just sent a PM by Courtney Woods asking for a link to that. Might get some clarifications.

It actually confirms that they're reading those posts here but are not responding for some reason.

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

Remember few months back someone sent us a link to the German forum section where there was a yellow response about the CE vendor updates not coming in the future?

Well there was also an interview a few weeks ago (couple months, more ?) where one dev said they'd be talking about it in january no ?

Edited by Shoogli

Tried to look, but I couldn't find any posts about that. The only ones I found that weren't Customer Service-related were these two. Same thread, two responses. I did a Google translation, but can't remember if they were relevant:

http://www.swtor.com/de/community/showthread.php?p=4835773#post4835773

http://www.swtor.com/de/community/showthread.php?p=4729884#post4752320

Der Stand der Dinge ist folgender:

Es wird wie angekündigt weitere Erweiterungen im Angebot des CE-Händlers geben.

Allerdings wird es sich dabei um kleinere Ergänzungen handeln, wie das bereits veröffentlichte Haustier.

Die Erweiterungen werden in größeren Abständen erfolgen.

Die CE-Besitzer wurden nicht vergessen, nachdem sie bezahlt hatten.

Die Schere zwischen Spielern mit und ohne Collectors Edition soll aber auch nicht zu groß werden, was kosmetische und Sammel-Gegenstände betrifft.

Gruß

Mat

Translation from Google Translate of the citation (sadly, I do not know German, so had to use it :p):

The state of affairs is as follows:

There will be other extensions as announced in the offer of the CE dealer.

However, this will be mainly small additions, such as the previously released pet.

The extensions will be carried out at longer intervals.

The CE owners were not forgotten after they had paid.

The gap between players with and without a collectors edition should also not be too large, which relates to cosmetic and collector's items.

Well there was also an interview a few weeks ago (couple months, more ?) where one dev said they'd be talking about it in january no ?

Yes, they were supposed to have talks about it in January.

Thanks for that message, whoever translated it the other day got it messed up. It was not about not adding things because of the gap between CE owners and normals but about adding things that way so it won't increase the gap.

However all that gap issue is totally invalid now since the cartel market which has obvious pay-to-win features for leveling players and are also able to buy their unique appearances.

That must be the post I was on about. Thank you for looking it up <3

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

Back to the front page with you - where's my update?

It's on their do not post about list. This is one of the worst issues I've ever seen with customer service. Bioware is dead now that the doctors are gone. The name Bioware on any future products is just to try and promote a good game with the name alone. It is solely an EA product now, and EA are f'ing diptards. They care absolutely nothing about their customers, only grabbing their money. They've shown it constantly in the past, clearly here, and will not ever change.

It's a shame, since Bioware used to be an amazing company, but since the docs left and the company sold out to EA, they've released crap game after crap game, and do nothing to really support paying customers. They have said nothing to this incredibly big issue for many of us, especially since it's 100% illegal of them, but they're such a huge corporation now that the little guys, ala the customers, have no chance at ever getting anything done against them. And that speaks volumes about them.

The gap between players with and without a collectors edition should also not be too large, which relates to cosmetic and collector's items.

Are they for real? So how they call difference between people with gear from Cartel Market and those without it? Gap in cosmetic items? Is this even a thing now with CM? And that fragment about longer intervals between updates? Can it be any longer than it is now?

We just want something unique that says I'm CE owner and I'm cool. I know how this sounds, but this is the bottom line here. How they can be so blind to this matter. It's like I don't know you anymore Bioware.

Are they for real? So how they call difference between people with gear from Cartel Market and those without it? Gap in cosmetic items? Is this even a thing now with CM? And that fragment about longer intervals between updates? Can it be any longer than it is now?

We just want something unique that says I'm CE owner and I'm cool. I know how this sounds, but this is the bottom line here. How they can be so blind to this matter. It's like I don't know you anymore Bioware.

Oh... They said cosmetic items? For real? I just caught it now... Seriously - wasn't the whole point of paying loads of money for the CE vendor to distinguish ourselves and create that gap from other players?

Well, that yellow post is disappointing. They don't want to create a gap between CE holders and normal accounts? Isn't that the reason we paid $150 for it? To get extra features?!....I feel like this is just a bull**** response so they can ignore the ce vendor and exclusively release their vanity items on the CM.