[Machinima] Sith Warrior Storyline

Nerumi

After more than one year, I decided to create my FIRST dark side toon. (I made one earlier, but only to test it), I hope, I will like his storyline like the consular one... Otherwise I will "kill" him :eek:

IMPORTANT NOTE: I highly recommend to finish the sith warrior storyline before you see this video. Otherwise the fun at playing of this class story could be ruined.

OVERVIEW

Trailers

PROLOGUE - THE SITH WARRIOR

Part 1 - Corriban

Arranez, one of the Empire's most promising young warriors has been secretly summoned by an influential overseer to face the dark side trials much sooner than expected...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qW-DjuPLtoA

Part 2 - Corriban

Arranez ventures into the sith academy jails to act as both judge and executioner and to learn to think as a sith thinks...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRMxAp3yCpk

Part 3 - Corriban

Having passed Overseer Tremel's trials Arranez is summoned to meet Darth Baras, a powerful Sith Lord who has his own standards for an apprentice...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZMdLtaScr0

Part 4 - Corriban

With Overseer Tremel disposed of, Arranez descends into the tomb of Tulak Hord at Darth Baras's command to retrieve the shards of ancient mosaics...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQp882Bu1JY

Edited by Nerumi

• 2 weeks later...

Ahhh you beat me to the innovative SWTOR machinima style! Hehe. :cool: It's a similar type of cinematic filming I've been doing with my next big machinima project. I hope more grab onto the method. It's cleaner, more fluid.

Example:

Some constructive criticism. Maybe it's because of this office workstation at Work, but some of the scenes seem clippy (especially when there's walking involved.) The custom subtitles for non-basic speakers is really really big and bland. Great job on the B-roll, though. I've been filming the same (how character gets from A to B) stuff, and that's (imo) the most work involved. Wait til companions. Getting them to run at your side and not skip around when running up stairs and elevated pathways is a HECK of a trial of patience. ;)

Keep it up. Based on the upload dates of your consular videos, it appears you've been at it with the "not showing UI in cutscenes" method for a lot longer than me. I know exactly what you're going through... I'm still filming mine. (I won't be editing/rendering anything until all filming is done. Trying to film the rest of Act 3 before 2.0.) It's alot of work. (especially the "writing down every non-basic sub" in the class story). And don't get me started with the random glitches in the game preventing continuity. (Companion Unify to Chest doesn't work on starship cutscenes. :mad:)

-Anaconda-

Edited by DarthGile

(Companion Unify to Chest doesn't work on starship cutscenes. :mad:)

I find this bug extremely annoying when I am trying to record videos. Oh and is there a way to disable the stupid loot "beacons" and all the texts you'll get when you do bonus quests etc. ? I know using ALT+Z will get rid of the texts but I find it hard to play when you don't see your CD's and health bars :p

Nice videos btw.

Edited by Skorz

I find this bug extremely annoying when I am trying to record videos. Oh and is there a way to disable the stupid loot "beacons" and all the texts you'll get when you do bonus quests etc. ? I know using ALT+Z will get rid of the texts but I find it hard to play when you don't see your CD's and health bars :p

Nice videos btw.

No way to remove loot beacons other than to loot... no way to remove the enemy name text (that I know of). It's so horrible doing a force choke and seeing the nameplate covering their face. No way to remove text and remain effective in combat lol.

I, too, really hate that the "system" part of the UI (like error text and system/quest messages) is still not customizable. But with that in mind, you have to ignore that stuff. If viewers actually have an issue with it killing the immersion of their viewing experience... tell them to play the game and find a better way, because it's currently not available to do.

Edited by DarthGile

I know using ALT+Z will get rid of the texts but I find it hard to play when you don't see your CD's and health bars :p

Yeah.. Alt-Z is reaaally risky in combat with gold mobs. Trying fighting a class story boss with a special move that 1 shots you.. but you dunno when he's casting it. :( <--- sad face. What I do is lower the UI scale as low as you can and hide / sideline things you don't need (MiniMap, onscreen quest tracker, etc etc). Scale down the health bars and hotbars until you can somewhat identify the cooldown/health. You still get the bonus text and system messages... but I mean c'mon.. you do the best you can with the tools given. Even with Alt-Z'recording, you cannot control everything. What's WORSE is when you dunno what health a critical story boss is at.. and your companion winds up stealing the killing blow, and at a bad camera angle on top of that. (hair pulling moment)

Edited by DarthGile

What I do is lower the UI scale as low as you can and hide / sideline things you don't need (MiniMap, onscreen quest tracker, etc etc). Scale down the health bars and hotbars until you can somewhat identify the cooldown/health. You still get the bonus text and system messages... but I mean c'mon.. you do the best you can with the tools given.

I actually started using this method after I did one playthrough by ALT-Z'ing. It was sometimes really difficult to play. I remember recording about 2 hours that one boss fight when I finally managed to beat him.. I was about to give up, lol. I rather have smoother looking combat than keep dying over and over again :D

Edited by Skorz

Part 3 - Corriban

Having passed Overseer Tremel's trials Arranez is summoned to meet Darth Baras, a powerful Sith Lord who has his own standards for an apprentice...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZMdLtaScr0

Many, many thanks to Skorz and Darth Gile for your postings.

Alt+Z is very helpful for recording the scenes but is very funny sometimes, when you're fighting against a boss and his health bar is almost to reduced to 10%. You think you kill him soon, but suddenly and unexpected your figure is who dies first...

I miss very the free camera ability most of all.

There is not possible to make a continuous fluent cinematic videos in the SWtOR. I tried it with Tomb Raider 2013. Although I missed the free camera ability there, too, i am content with the result (AVC/Dolby AC-3)..hmm...except maybe some points. If you wish, you can see it here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vL6azYdfag

Edited by Nerumi

• 1 month later...